Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Hello all. I’ve enjoyed a shaky peace with the small family of mice in my walls for the past year or so. They don’t come out and I ignore their nightly scurrying but recently they’ve grown more cavalier and I saw one do a weird dance the other day. I had to board up the hole in my kitchen and now they seem pissed. Yesterday I saw an obese squirrel and it made me wonder if the different rodent families share information with each other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
They aren't trapped right?

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Don't be too concerned OP, the alliance between the rodents is a shaky one at best.

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

Gerbils greet one another by rubbing noses.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I like rodents. It's unfair they're compared to humans.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
Whatever you do. Don't use rat glue.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I had a live and let live attitude towards mice until one of them decided to live inside my arcade cabinet and it ate the entire wiring harness

Now I am the mouse terminator, my house has more traps than the entire Saw movie series

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Only thing mice are good for is lab work.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Only thing mice are good for is lab work.

Also creating a multimedia empire worth trillions of dollars.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Rats are good and chill pets imo. They have very distinctive personalities, and they peep happily at you when fed Blueberries

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I had a pet gerbil as a teenager, and kept it in my bedroom as that would force me to clean the cage out regularly. Little bastard used to open his cage on a near nightly basis and explore my room though. Woke up once with him sat on my chest staring at me, freaked me the gently caress out.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I have two rats they're lovely ladies

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

hello

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

r u ready to WALK posted:

I had a live and let live attitude towards mice until one of them decided to live inside my arcade cabinet and it ate the entire wiring harness

Now I am the mouse terminator, my house has more traps than the entire Saw movie series

Do you have some kind of smart mouse trap?

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

stop leaving food out

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

beer gas canister posted:

Rats are good and chill pets imo. They have very distinctive personalities, and they peep happily at you when fed Blueberries

Plus you can get them to hunt mice.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Les Os posted:

Hello all. I’ve enjoyed a shaky peace with the small family of mice in my walls for the past year or so. They don’t come out and I ignore their nightly scurrying but recently they’ve grown more cavalier and I saw one do a weird dance the other day. I had to board up the hole in my kitchen and now they seem pissed. Yesterday I saw an obese squirrel and it made me wonder if the different rodent families share information with each other

They'll eat the insulation off the wires in your walls and your home will burn down.

You'd better get real beefy with them.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Dell_Zincht posted:

I had a pet gerbil as a teenager, and kept it in my bedroom as that would force me to clean the cage out regularly. Little bastard used to open his cage on a near nightly basis and explore my room though. Woke up once with him sat on my chest staring at me, freaked me the gently caress out.

That gerbil fucks

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I was invaded by rats last month. I think they were displaced by construction across the way. I trapped 8 and my dogs caught 2 and now I haven't seen any rats in a few nights so I think they got the message

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You should have had two gerbils, they get lonely.

Also sometimes murderous. We bought three once and by the second day one was dead with tooth marks in its skull.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!
There's an interesting series of books on this subject that this rodent expert called Brian Jacques wrote. Check it out OP

edit: Hey OP is yr user name based off the unicorns song?

kntfkr fucked around with this message at 14:09 on May 4, 2021

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The mythos of Large Squirrel grows ever larger

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
I also used to enjoy rodents, and I still technically think they are cute, but I bought a house years ago and gently caress rodents. I've had to exterminate like 20something norwegian rats since we moved in (it was all in the first two years, they are mostly dead now and they never got inside). Some of them were big enough that I had to use a live trap, then throw them in a huge drum of water. I felt bad but they left me no choice, those things carry the fuckin' plague.

I rented a house in college where there were huge holes in the eaves and squirrels just took over the whole attic. One of them stole about an inch of my motorcycle's wiring harness so I had to painstakingly solder a patch in for each wire. gently caress that squirrel.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I live next to a corner store (I guess it is called a bodeaga if you live in nyc). But I get mice in my house from them all the time - my one mouser cat catches the and growls at me and the second he releases it I bash it with my Zippo Axe and throw it out into the yard trash. My husband doesn't like me doing it but if I didn't the house would be infested with mice. (Also pet rats are cutie pies and will kill an invading mouse too.)

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

lol what the gently caress is wrong with you and how you live that you have created an environment where the rodent infestation is so bad that you need a phone app to track it? :stonklol:

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008
ive never had trouble with rats or mice in my home

gophers are some bullshit though. ive trapped 6 in the last two months and more just keep showing up to gently caress up my garden, its sisyphean

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I never realized how good my cats were at keeping vermin out of our house until we moved out of our old house and went back to clean it one day and walked in to find every surface in the house covered, and I mean COVERED in rat and mouse poopies. Good kitties.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Nooner posted:

lol what the gently caress is wrong with you and how you live that you have created an environment where the rodent infestation is so bad that you need a phone app to track it? :stonklol:

Mice frequently get inside urban and extremely rural houses. Rodents aren't nearly as much a problem in the suburbs because of distance to other homes and geography.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

The goblin king and his minions

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

The most noble beast.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I had mice get into my house and start chewing through boxes and bags of food in my pantry. I tried to be reasonable and made every attempt to catch them without hurting them but they would just come back.

One day I caught this guy and while I was attempting to slide a piece of cardboard under the container to lift him up, he managed to scurry away and that was the final straw. I bought industrial strength rodent poison and never saw them again.

This little fucker ruined it for everyone

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdQzqioqeM0

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

my house had a rat problem a few years ago and i bought three VICTOR brand rat traps and gave them Call Of Duty names. Soap, Roach, and Ghost, and kept tally of their rat kills on the back with sharpie.

I think Roach had like 10+ rat kills before i got the basement patched up and the rats stopped coming into the house.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

also my GF has a snake and keeps the store bought rat cadavers in the freezer and sometimes when im looking for something to cook ill reach for the frozen rat cause its wrapped in like butcher paper and think its sausages. every drat time.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib

Workaday Wizard posted:

Whatever you do. Don't use rat glue.

Agreed. NO RAT GLUE. It's 100% WRONG. There are far safer and more effective ways. Airplane glue contains toluene, which will get you way more hosed up.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Pakistani politics posted:

Agreed. NO RAT GLUE. It's 100% WRONG.

So is poison. It works by completely blocking vitamin K, which causes the animals' blood to slowly seep out of all of its veins and internal organs. It's a slow and excruciatingly painful death.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Bula Vinaka posted:

So is poison. It works by completely blocking vitamin K, which causes the animals' blood to slowly seep out of all of its veins and internal organs. It's a slow and excruciatingly painful death.

There's only one humane way...

*dons pith helmet, bandolier and elephant gun*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
some mouse poisons are just tons of vitamin d

i'm not sure if that's any nicer for them or not. i don't like using it, rather use normal traps if only because an owl might eat the poison mouse. but sometimes there's not another option