Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

but everyone is in orange jumpsuits

e: gently caress, I forgot if the baby oil is just to get people to slip on the floor, or if Oildome Champ also stripped and oiled himself up.

kimbo305 fucked around with this message at 19:50 on May 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

er, 'oildome prison championship' in full, acronym, or both. imagery would be a bottle of baby oil, a championship belt, prison bars, or a slippery when wet sign. poo poo i don't know i'm not an artist or funny. but if anyone wants to give this a crack i would actually pay for your time if you send me a dm.

I think we have to work backwards from the central character. Untrustable, do you have any idea what kind of stance your brother took when some challenger would enter the cell for a fight?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

kensei posted:

I want someone on that chat to comment:

"Take your mouth guard out when you talk!"

*mean mugs*
bitch, imnah wearin uh mouthguard

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

His body was just pulsing pictograms of electrolytes.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Untrustable posted:

How do we force fighters to fight at their actual weights?
If commissions do their job and are strict about preventing fighters from fighting when they gently caress themselves up with cuts, it's about all we can hope for.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Currently all fighters have to do is not be so obviously hosed up or so overweight that the fight gets cancelled. It makes little to no difference if it's a good cut or a bad cut.

I don't understand -- a bad cut is definitionally one that affects their weighin (like functionally stepping onto the scales without getting pulled by the commission or making weight).
So a bad cut.... does make a difference?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Destined to fall to the weigh-in reforms of 2025.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Southpaugh posted:

actually condit probably perfect, both WEC guys.

Loser's brain leaves town match.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Hmm, they're also reporting Dana will let Cowboy ge one more for the road to CTE
https://www.mmafighting.com/2021/5/10/22429858/dana-white-donald-cerrone-will-get-one-last-chance-after-latest-knockout-loss

quote:

Absolutely not [my last fight]. No way. I’ll never go out like this.
I will, 100 percent I’ll know [it’s the last fight] and I’ll come in, and sh*t, hopefully I go in whipping rear end right off.
There’s no way I’d end like this. I couldn’t let my legacy end like this.
Looking forward to seeing the historically slow starter finally reengineer his gameplan in bareknuckle boxing after washing out of Bellator.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

brian posted:

I think it's a different fight than either of them have had before and IMO charles has looked like just a better tony ferguson in a lot of ways, his standup reached incredible levels of clean vs tony and he has the best bjj in the ufc at this point, mostly because of his ability to get an insane amount of sub attempts (e.g. getting into a position where its possible) in each fight, but yeah I don't think he has tony's durability and neither justin nor dustin go down remotely easily. I think fighters who have strong BJJ and striking but less strong wrestling inherently make a lot of good to watch matchups too

I think if Oliveira can get Dustin to the ground, he can take it. Might not have as easy of a time as Khabib, but I think he has the skills to get a tap.

Not sure about Justin. I feel like he's a slightly bigger threat to Charles' standup style with disciplined low kicks and being ready for a reaction single, but might be easier to capitalize on on the ground.

In any case, let's get these fights going cuz I wanna watch them.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I can spot Nunes' answers
https://twitter.com/crampell/status/1393250065909694464/photo/1

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

A little weird that they didn't address and/or weren't asked about the surgery, considering the person who broke the surgery initially is a TASS reporter.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Foul Fowl posted:

a brazilian who doesn't know english was also pretty good.

The UFC Promo Institute has much work to do:
- stock the ESL library with more than Borat dvds
- secure sponsorship from Tesla before having figthers go "dude where's my car"
- better sound bytes for criticizing implementations of anti-capitalist theory

Does anyone have a clip of Oliveira going "Thank you San Chiego, I no speak English!" from an early fight?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

kimbo305 posted:

Does anyone have a clip of Oliveira going "Thank you San Chiego, I no speak English!" from an early fight?
I realized that cuz he shouts out the city, I could easily figure out which event it was.
If anyone on Fight Pass can rip his interview after his fight with Elkins, I would love to see it again.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

muchos gracias lobster. every time i see it i think it can't be as insane as my memory thinks it is and... yep. that's a knocked out dude knocking out a dude.

It's the salient example of a fighter who's completely rocked swinging for the fences and turning the tide when the opponent comes in to finish.
Pat Barry x Cheick Kongo isn't a one hit example but has the same insane degree of reversal.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

lol who was that hobo who was on a tuf that wore supermarket board shorts in an actual fight forcing herb dean to rip off the tag mid fight

Cody Mckenzitine McKenzie.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Goddamn I forgot how hosed up Cheick was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMAwOwBB5OQ

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

It's on a short list of fights where I'm glad for the comeback but still disagree completely with letting the fight go on. Hell, Pat catches two hard hammerfists while staring into deep space and Miragliotta is standing right there.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

There's a lot going on in this vid, but I can barely understand Till
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lW2JVyxs9s

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Not like it matters much.

To the extent that the UFC live-attendance demographic could still be getting vaccinated, a month or two delay on next live events would still mitigate spreading.
I would guess the extent is low, but who knows.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Stealth Tiger posted:

Yeah the other half of it is the UFC just chasing guys who have "The it factor" , meaning all they do is give you a microphone and a reporter asks a bland boilerplate question and you are expected to come up with some response that is memorable and quotable and badass and funny and makes everyone want to see your fight.

They do try, but they also pour money into obvious duds (on the mic, at least) like Sage.

Aye Doc posted:

Talle🚣‍♂️Dega Fights: The Ballad Of T-Ferg

Tony is nothing if not unorthodox, Joe.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Kragger99 posted:

“Touch-butt in the park”.
Thanks for reminding me of that excellent Diazism.

When I bike my toddler around in his rear bike seat, sometimes he reaches out and puts his hands on my butt,
upon which I immediately ask, "oh so we're playing touch butt now? You wanna go play touch butt in the park?"

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Brut posted:

Jacare will be 42 by the time his arm heals, do you really wanna see him in BKFC? He can probably crush a few cans in Bellator though, but I suspect that's not how they'll match it up.

Maybe he can make small but much safer money with the various grappling events that are put on.

Foul Fowl posted:

tbf jacare has always been a particularly determined guy even among the absolute maniacs who fight in the ufc. it's a real bummer he never made it to the belt.

I always thought his inconsistency came from having a chip on his shoulder about not wanting to be just a grappler in MMA, and kept writing checks that his striking skills couldn't cash. But with the last skid, it seems like the adaptations he made for MMA grappling weren't enough to get passed by there, either.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Dire wolf tickets.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Bisping fouling Rivera and his dickhead energy on TUF are the period for which he's irredeemable for me.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Bisping gets royalties on It's Alright to be White merchandise.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Southpaugh posted:

I kinda get the impression he might have been a bit old fashioned about it even. Lots of road work.

Rampage had this to say, some time after he'd trained at Wolfslair:
"Normally I mind my own business but recently Bisping did an interview where he said people who use TRT are cheating and poo poo like that, that didn't sit well with me because people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. There's a lot worse stuff out there than testosterone, that's all I'm saying"

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Gonna heal up real nice

Southpaugh posted:

Building cardio isn't even difficult its just boring.

Correct which is why no one in cycling has ever used EPO.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Southpaugh posted:

There were better drugs to be on thats all I'm saying.

I dunno about that. TJ on EPO was pretty drat good. Having more gas for training camp and in general can be a huge edge. And sure, your other attributes still need to be good, but "cardio is easy and the only reason fighters don't have more is because training it is boring" doesn't hold weight.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

mewse posted:

Didn't TJ have some gnarly gyno as well

Yes, I distinctly remember that discussion cuz when I posted the screenshot from an event promo of said gyno, someone was like, wow are you posting one handed, which was a non sequitur but also shut down the conversation.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Hey, Bang charged $25 a jar. Must have been something special.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Foul Fowl posted:

he bashed luque with a few really good right hands. they weren't as fast as the world enders he hit people with in his prime and luque is indestructible so he's a bad gauge for how hard someone hits but it's a step up from bag-of-milk ben askren.

Yeah, if he connects with anything like he showed in the Luque fight (which I think was complimentary of what Woodley has left), we might actually see Jake Paul get scared, homie.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

His fights have been at cruiserweight, with a 200 limit, and he's been coming in 9-10 lbs under, making it doubtful he's cutting weight past sweating out water on a last day workout.

I'm pretty sure Tyron is close to that walking around weight.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Unrelated, apparently Chimaev went after Khabib a bit, as part of Kadyrov trying to lure Khabib out of retirement:
https://www.essentiallysports.com/ufc-mma-news-heres-what-you-need-to-know-about-the-khamzat-chimaev-khabib-nurmagomedov-beef/

Khabib seemed completely unflustered by the callout:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNCuwTksKks
I wish I could understand how his accent comes across in Russian. He's obviously a completely fluent native speaker, but I can't recall what any of the Russian speakers here said of the Dagestani accent.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1402228276244975617

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Reem just signed with Glory didn't he?

Sure enough. I guess my Twitter digest is just behind
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021/06/alistair-overeem-signs-glory-kickboxing-contract-after-ufc-release

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Hollandia posted:

Vettori's weight cutting nutrition is the most Italian thing.
Just take a smaller bruschetta! :italy:

Sometimes you just have to take nutrition into your own gesturing hands
https://twitter.com/dantommma/status/1272002134775484422