Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Asproigerosis posted:

heh scouting overhaul is just the old ncaa system where your scouts focus on getting the block shedding skills on corners and never bother checking how they are in man or zone coverage. Also there's nothing to interact with outside of like 4 weeks. Also you can barely scout any players and almost the entire draft is you being completely in the dark. Also it's really loving agonizing trying to compare players and figure out whos good or not because you have to load in and out of player profiles individually. It's all such hot garbage woof. 10/10 will buy again next year.
Yeah, it blows. The old system sucked and required too much pointless clicking, but at least you actually got relevant information on players and position groups of interest, rather than having barely any relevant information on anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Chucktesla posted:

Like I played the one last year and didn't hate it because I haven't played a Madden since like 2010 and I enjoyed it well enough despite some issues. This year's just feels worse in every way somehow, even in the menus. And the new drafting is just not satisfying in any way, you maybe get to know eight prospects in a class of 400 so any pick past the first two rounds are even more worthless than before. Bad video game
Yeah, you're basically just drafting blind.
And you don't even get that much info on the guys you *do* focus on, unless you get them to 100%, which basically requires you to focus that position and then focus that player, and even then you can get burned lol.
Plus, the bonus you get from level 1 scouts is so tiny it may as well do nothing. You're only allowed one level 2 and one level 3 scout, so you only have two semi-useful scouts, and, well...see above.
I mean, the old system had serious clicking fatigue, but at least you had a decent idea of where to find value.
Basically, you'll probably turn up a decent QB no problem because it's worth focusing and easy to do so, but LBs , DEs, and OLs are a loving nightmare because Madden splits them up because this game isn't designed in any way that makes actual sense.