Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

MissileWaster posted:

A few years ago I got a Tecmo Super Bowl cartridge signed by :thurman: himself, it’s pretty sweet.

I’m looking forward to the new college football video game, sucks that it isn’t coming out for a few years but alas.

Considering how terrible madden is, the college game is going to be on a level never before conceivable for bad.

BRING BACK THE DISCIPLINE SYSTEM YOU COWARDS

there's still nerds out there that maintain updates for whatever the last good ncaa was right? How do I get in on that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
DLC will be for purchasing NIL rights to individual players to be in the game.

Watching the ol fumble dimension where they played madden head coach 09 and while they were trying to pick the one play they were going to run all season they mentioned how routes are all broken except wr screens which never work. Well look at that screen plays are still broken as gently caress to this day.

Also I'm not sure I 'get' the RPO plays because if I ever try pass I get an ineligible downfield every time.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Love giving up 400 passing yards every game because pass coverage doesn't work.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
It's a known issue that ea said was the next to do in the notes for the patch last week.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
gonna need some sliders so I can verify

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Look sometimes we make up things to cover for being bad. I'm begging you for good sliders!!

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Please help me I just want to enjoy madden without having the worst defense every season :( it's all I have left

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I'm disappointed in all of you shadow cowboys fans for trolling me.

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/madden-nfl-22/news/gridiron-notes-madden-22-september-title-update

dak prescott level ea devs posted:

Pass Coverage: Before we get into the gameplay updates, we wanted to let you know that we are aware of the feedback around pass coverage. We're continuing to monitor and collect the community's feedback that they have shared with us. We look forward to sharing the actions we're taking towards pass coverage.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I'm mad at madden again cause it's too easy playing offense and I give up 600 passing yards to jimmer grapolo.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
heh scouting overhaul is just the old ncaa system where your scouts focus on getting the block shedding skills on corners and never bother checking how they are in man or zone coverage. Also there's nothing to interact with outside of like 4 weeks. Also you can barely scout any players and almost the entire draft is you being completely in the dark. Also it's really loving agonizing trying to compare players and figure out whos good or not because you have to load in and out of player profiles individually. It's all such hot garbage woof. 10/10 will buy again next year.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
There is a mobile madden? I can't even imagine how janky that must be

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Back in my day we'd get cool cards in madden but they'd give you player boosts and poo poo like big head mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Yeah they introduced their 'revamped' draft system and it's so loving dumb. The entire thing was pretty much a bandaid for how easy it was to nail all the top tier prospects in the bare bones spend weekly points beep boop here are player stats. They grossly overtuned it so that you could only actually get accurate scouting on less than 10 prospects. Also lots of aspects were completely broken like say the couple of times you can do focus player which is literally the only way to get the relevant stats on like 4 dudes would routinely just not work.