Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

JeffLeonard posted:

Thanks. I'm not sure of your age, but I am assuming this fellow is under 40. I'm not sure what the deal is with the other posters quoting me, but under 40, fully vaxxed and dying from Covid is an EXTREME long shot.

Yes it sure is. Approx 5 thousand have died in the US under 40 since this whole thing began, when there were no vaccinations at all.

I know this because I tried to talk someone into getting vaxed who is late 30s. I was surprised at how low that number was.

Of course I'm totally pro vax and still mask etc

Spinz fucked around with this message at 22:35 on May 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Buckwheat Sings posted:

Long term effects are still unknown. Its also scary that the lungs of someone who got covid looks like they took a shotgun blast compared to a smoker. Same with their hearts.

Not to mention the covid haze where people feel like they have a low level version of Alzheimer's.

Absolutely. I have hardly been outside since March 13 of 2020 besides solo exercising, never unmasked etc never to a grocery store, restaurant ANYTHING

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I don't know for sure how it works, but there may be a critical threshold for how many or how rigorous the reports need to be for inclusion on the list of side effects. Like, a metallic taste in the mouth is apparently a rare but known side effect that as far as I know doesn't show up on official side effect lists.

https://sports.yahoo.com/people-report-metallic-taste-mouth-164917655.html

Wow
I got that after the first shot but not the second!

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I'm about 1.5 weeks post 2nd Moderna dose. I got a bit of a fever and the usual tiredness after it. I've been trying to get back into my lifting routine and my knee has been hurting and giving me a lot of poo poo, and my back is as well to a lesser degree. I normally don't get this kind of thing, and haven't even been trying to lift hard/heavy. Do you guys think it's possible I just have some extra inflammation from the immune response to the vaccine that's causing this that will resolve itself eventually?

I have no medical background. I do think it's possible take it easy. If it is some kind of inflammation it will resolve itself and it won't take months or anything, just a few more weeks, that is my guess.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

That's dumb and not what it is. Bodies don't actually fall apart in your 30s so bad you can't do any physical activity, it's usually from inactivity and other lifestyle factors that people like to blame on age. I was just trying to figure out if it was vaccine related or not.

Serious post you should post your question in the little goon doctor subforum. It's slow but many genuinely knowledgeable people post in there I'm serious, and it's obviously really bothering you take a look you have nothing to lose.
And also in here this thread is specifically about vaccination

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3963826

Good luck goon!

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I'm so glad your wait for vax is shorter that you had feared iirc :love:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Yea
I think that could have been meant well. I was glad to see it too. CMON people.

This morning I went to the cspam covid thread and in 5 minutes I was starting to get chest tightness from anxiety. I had to leave. Living in Georgia and seeing grieving families- the frustration at the cognitive dissonance (if that's the right term) I can't imagine how hard that is and I know I couldn't handle it. I'm glad that burden is being shared so Fluffy Bunny gets a break and I look forward to seeing everyones posts in here.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Let's just stop posting at each other so they don't close this thread!
I'm going to go walk and I won't be so scared and I'll be grateful every moment.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Helios Grime posted:

Man, with forcing people into a workplace you can at least rationalize that they just value money over your lives. But lol wanting your entire workforce together in a restaurant for "reasons"?

Don't feel bad for not going, even in non-pandemic times do work lunches suck rear end.

Listen to wisdom!^

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Mierenneuker posted:

More like hindsight is 2021.

:discourse:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

If we have learned anything it is that not in the US it isn't

Ever

We are hosed here

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

How can they continue to get it wrong swinging wildly one way and then another

:negative:

It's a little too soon who knows what's going on in the background gently caress

I've lost all faith in yhe CDC and WHO. I don't know where to get good science information and I certainly don't have time to comb through a million articles!! Or the passwords etc.

Another reason this thread is so valuable!

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

sweet thursday posted:

Wow what can't this vaccine do?

Ha
Perfect

Seriously for me the most amazing one is to be indoor with a choir???
They should specify how important it is if everyone loving there is vaccinated or not!!!

They don't do it enough with those charts imo

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

For the most part we're not going to be able to change anyone's mind on an individual basis. The only way I see that happening realistically is like you know withholding visits from your children or something.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Sjs00 posted:

Oh boy I think I will like what the gently caress else is there to do

e I am considering just doing a live stream instead so you guys can see the poo poo happening in real time

Here's the thing is that you're doing it outside of bars and so people have alcohol in them

That makes this genuinely dangerous plus if you really want to know I'm afraid you need to get people one-on-one

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Rescue Toaster posted:

Looks like retailers such as costco are following the CDC and saying as long as you promise you're really vaccinated (nobody will question you and you don't have to prove it) you can go without masks now. I expect this will be the norm everywhere in the next month.

Which means since I can't get vaccinated effectively I'm basically going to be a prisoner in my own home for... years? Indefinitely? Until I finally get unlucky and get sick and die? COVID will never go away because we'll never hit herd immunity, but nobody will ever take it seriously again because 'just get vaccinated if you care so much' and the cases among unvaccinated people will stay just low and just high enough to keep it a never-ending threat for the immunocompromised.

My understanding is a half mask respirator which is like $50 will protect you.

Of course I'm not at all saying this is okay in slightest just that you don't need some thousand dollar thing to go to the store

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Gone Fashing posted:

posters in here can definitely be overly pessimistic but it's the most balanced covid thread on the forums by a lot

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I know other people have been for months but I just started doing all my walks and exercising and everything outside maskless

It it feels so great. The flowers and trees are so beautiful
Im grateful

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Facebook Aunt posted:

Got pfizer yesterday, only had a bit of a sore arm but I kept moving it so today that was gone. Sitting here feeling smug about no real side effects. Then I noticed on thigh is sore. I didn't do anything unusual with my legs yesterday, and if I had it would be both thighs, right? Doublecheck the side effects list and "muscle soreness" is there. Kinda expected that one to be more general than one large muscle in my thigh. ???

Sitting and thinking about it got me to notice my back is a little sore too. Sore back is pretty common though, I might not have even noticed if not for the weird thigh. What the hell, body?

I'm glad you got vaxed
The side effects seem to be all over the place

I think it's general inflammation so I think nothing's off the table
I think I had side effects in my gums for goodness sakes

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Skrill.exe posted:

When you go to the airport you need to put all of your liquids in a little baggy. They all need to be in containers of 3 oz. or less. Then you wait in a big long line to be fondled by an agency specifically set up to fondle air travelers. You take your shoes off, belt off, and put your electronics in one tray and everything else in the other. They put you into a big glass tube where the person can see through your clothes and peep your wiener. You exit the tube and put on your shoes/belt etc. When you bought your ticket you paid an extra $10 to cover the cost of this service. All because 3,000 people were killed 20 years ago.

Yep Osama bin laden won

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

:negative:
I can't express how upset that makes me I'm going to go look at kittens

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

pro starcraft loser posted:

Hell, yes, Maryland giving out $40k a day for 40 days if you get vaccinated. Then a grand prize of $400k.

This is THE BEST lottery structure too (to get people to play, be interested)
Gj Maryland

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

wilderthanmild posted:

The 1 million lottery in Ohio is working pretty well as our vaccination numbers are picking up again. I'd wished they'd done more prizes rather than just 5 million dollar giveaways. Something like 250 20k prizes or 100 50k prizes seems like it would get more people in the door than just a few million dollar winners.

Maybe I am overestimating people's understanding of odds though.

You are completely right and the key is they would misunderstand the odds but it would be greatly in the favor of people being interested and getting vaccinated.

You could have so very many 50k prizes and that's life-changing for the majority of people.

(50 chances out of say 3 million or whatever isn't much greater than one chance out of 3 million or whatever but a lot of people will think they have 50 times greater a chance to win, and that is what they would focus on rather than the overall longshot odds)

Spinz fucked around with this message at 20:25 on May 20, 2021

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

These are incredibly good numbers, but I wonder how much lower it would have been if people were worried about community transmission instead of... I dunno, it's kind of "gently caress you I got my vaccine" out there right now.

So it's the best possible loving news but you're wondering about I don't know negative numbers

.000000000000001??? Maybe that

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I'll take my probe I don't give a gently caress

I am so tired of the negative spin on the rare best possible loving news that we get

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

We had half a million at the very minimum die

India is on fire

Being anything but extremely grateful for safety of those who are vaccinated in the US is heinous. Hand wringing over a tiny bit of breakthrough cases just feels wrong to me. It's sad on an individual level but the focus should be on trying to get the ignorant vaccinated and now saving millions if not billions in the rest of the world.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Tagra posted:

This is some apocalypse 28 Days Later poo poo.

The virus doesn't spread much through gastric routes, right? Is having literal piles of bodies decomposing and floating casually down a river likely to cause increased virus reservoirs in the animal populations? Because jfc

We need to get video of this published so we can get public pressure to send vaccines around the world. If there would have been more video of what was happening inside intensive care units inside the United States there would have been less denial about coronavirus. I'll always regret more people didn't sneak their phones in and then blur out faces and show dying people frankly.

Anyway poor India oh my God

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

A Strange Aeon posted:

Wait, you reach into the bag and eat fries in the car before you get home?

Oh c'mon my good friend

Who has NOT??

(Before covid, I mean)

Edit: when will I learn to read all of a thread before ever posting?
When??

I'll leave my post and hopefully learn from my shame

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

The Fattest PI posted:

I got a vaccine and a week later some dipshit at work came in sick and didn't tell anyone and now I'm sitting at home with covid and not getting paid.

You ever clonk your head real good and you get a weird kinda metallic taste in your mouth for a minute? I got that all the time now, I wonder if I have brain damage. When I take a shower it feels like I have water in my sinuses which is a little unnerving. Like a vague sense of drowning the entire time.

Oh you must be furious

Big hug I hope you're okay keep us posted

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I'm so incredibly grateful to be vaccinated

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

You're wrong and this is why breakthrough cases are such an issue. I've been vaccinated for a month and have no intention of living my life any differently than I have been for the past year for a very long while, because every other dicknoser and non-vaxxed liar are doing the same. And I don't want to be part of that what is it, like 0.03% who get breakthrough covid? Whatever it is, I'd rather bank a few more months of being cautious and watching other idiots get covid through their vaccines than be one of those idiots getting it.

Mostly because my doctor says it's got a real high chance of killing my medically hosed up rear end.

Argh

I'm more likely to hurt myself or someone else driving on the freeway now

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

You absolutely have the right to still wear a mask and I will not judge anything you do. I still wear a half-mask respirator inside buildings just because I bought one a while ago and I own it and then I don't have to worry at all.
What I object to is telling other people that are vaccinated that they should continue to quarantine and wear a mask always.
It's a waste of time and not where the focus should be!!

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Purgatory Glory posted:

Our news was talking about the incentives that the US has put into place like lottery, super bowl tickets etc. They talking about the efficacy of these programs and whether they would work. There people who actually think that the lottery thing is bad because it could trigger gamblers if they are automatically entered into a draw. Give me a break. If that's holding up even 10 people from Getting vaccinated I choose to throw the gamblers into a pit of some sort.

Well it could frankly but who gives a poo poo. Degenerate gamblers are barely human.
(I was one, am one, depends how you look at it. Stopped about 10 years ago)

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Also it really matters that you don't have to take any action to be entered. At least it's that way in California.

It would be the ACT that is really triggering if you're going to get triggered like if everyone got some kind of scratch card or whatever you had to do something. Someone that much on a knife edge is going to get triggered anyway the stuff's everywhere

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

satanic splash-back posted:

Something the glass-half-empty crew misses too is the fact that pretty much everyone said this isn't going anywhere quickly, and you might just have to accept this is a danger of leaving your home. There's a lot of dangers that can leave lasting damage from leaving your home. Lyme disease from ticks, the plague, cancer from exposure to chemicals and other things.

At some point you'll just have to accept a level of risk needed to exist. It's not like you're likely to be eaten by a lion. And if you are, I would bet covid is not high on the list of everyday worries.

And other diseases and stuff. They didn't go anywhere.

Exactly.
I'm trying to be a beacon of hope here. Driving your car is more dangerous if you are fully vaxed in the US and under what 70? 75?

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Car crashes aren't contagious, if you get into a minor fender bender and scratch your bumper that won't set off a chain of events that might directly cause your grandma to flip her car 20 times and explode into flames

I hope that I'm more likely to kill a grandma with my car than pass covid on. I'm not sure what the odds are rn.

Funny thing is is I wear my half mask respirator inside stores because eh why not I own it.
And I'm more optimistic than many of you in here

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Smh
This is so nuts. I give up. Grand total of what I do that could add to variant creation: be unmasked outdoors if not in crowds

But ok, I'm a bad guy lol

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Yeah sorry I know better than to ever say I'm going to leave anything on SA, my bad.
That's me I gained 25 lbs and I'm loving laughing because I'm sure the gently caress not going to Disneyland LOL

And I stayed inside at least 23 hours a day for 14 months too, like I saw that post and I'm like holy crap that's true that's right. Everyday I walk outside I am so grateful. I'm still almost never going inside anywhere

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Helios Grime posted:

I actually brought a putter and a golfball to pass the time between sets.

Can you rent the place out or something? I mean charge guys or something it seems like a lot for just you which is fine there are worse hobbies LOL.
I mean maybe you should teach you're really into this...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Pregnant women get given a whole dossier of things to worry about and avoid. It's no surprise, especially first time mothers, would be bricking it over the covid vaccine.

Yes
I would if at all possible just quarantine. The less artificial anything the better. :(
What an unpleasant choice to have to make if you couldn't!