Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Spinz posted:

Yes it sure is. Approx 5 thousand have died in the US under 40 since this whole thing began, when there were no vaccinations at all.

I know this because I tried to talk someone into getting vaxed who is late 30s. I was surprised at how low that number was.

Of course I'm totally pro vax and still mask etc

Long term effects are still unknown. Its also scary that the lungs of someone who got covid looks like they took a shotgun blast compared to a smoker. Same with their hearts.

Not to mention the covid haze where people feel like they have a low level version of Alzheimer's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Crankit posted:

This is probably a daft question but do the side effects of the vaccines indicate anything about the strength of your immune system?

Nope. Though if you have a weak immune system you usually wont have side effects but no side effects doesn't mean you have a weak immune system.

Though if you've had covid before the side effects are usually worse.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

brugroffil posted:

The largest group currently unvaccinated in the US are "people without health insurance."

You don't need insurance for the vaccine.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Mulaney Power Move posted:

yes, vaccination isn't just a matter of personal choice, there are barriers to vaccination that disproportionately affect disadvantaged groups. that's the real reason why vaccine passports are problematic.

Then have a clause for that in said passport. You can get the vaccine literally anywhere for free and in some places get paid for it.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Cowslips Warren posted:

That said I doubt any of the chuds would believe it unless Trump said it himself. The liberals DON'T want you to get the vaccine!

Trump said to get the vaccine but backed down pretty quick. I think the magical thinking is it's own monster at this point.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Zugzwang posted:

Some people take a turn for the worst after briefly feeling better. Fingers crossed.

A cocktail of whatever Joe has on hand would make even someone who's bleeding out from the rear end feel better I imagine.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

EL BROMANCE posted:

There’s bacon made for humans and bacon made for dogs, and never once have I thought ‘looks like I’m out of my bacon, so I’ll just eat the stuff I get for the dog’.

If you loved America you would've you communist.

Seriously though if rightwing radio said dog bacon cured cancer then that's what people would eat.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
And for others dying is preferable to being wrong. There's plenty of stories how even on their deathbed patients are still raving about evil governments, freedoms, and such. Their last breaths are on being stupid instead of their lives or their family.

Half our country is mentally diseased.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Ginette Reno posted:

There's so much pandemic fatigue now that this thing could mutate to be 50% more deadly and there'd be a lot of people just throwing their hands up going welp guess we're all gonna die nothing to be done

As long as it gets more chuds. Might as well go with the same mindset as 'sticking it to the libs' as hard as possible.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

rally posted:

You really don’t though do you? Long covid is way more rare than not very serious covid from everything I can read / tell.

Every time you get covid, it gets worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Castaign posted:

I know that this might be controversial, but I genuinely believe that Walenksy was the worst CDC director we've had since Redfield.

Every time she speaks she has this terrified deer in the headlights sort of look. Once you notice it, it never goes away.