Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!
Demon Summoning Program, execute!

dy. posted:

I think the scum got way too excited at potential victory and tipped their hand by applying too much pressure.

Consider: why does scum merk try to win with gavel instead of a vote on a townie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

AT-LOW posted:

Consider: why does scum merk try to win with gavel instead of a vote on a townie
No idea, but me not being able to explain that in no way precludes merk from being scum.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
does merk not even count toward the 7 players required to gavel? because if not, the gavel actually requires 80% of the non-merk players to vote it

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*correction, its like 78%. but still

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!

dy. posted:

No idea, but me not being able to explain that in no way precludes merk from being scum.

Indeed! So, we should endeavour to explain it.

We're at MYLO now. With a day town vig, we reach LYLO. With a town vote, we lose. A day scum vig or a scum vote continue the game.

If a scum charging vig is active during LYLO we lose.

Scum has two possible win conditions:

-Vote a townie
-Have both merk and a charging vig (random/dy/fry), use both powers today

The second one is not only much more complicated, it is *harder* to accomplish because a vote would require less people to cooperate

Do you truly believe this is scum motivated?

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!

Mr. Steak posted:

does merk not even count toward the 7 players required to gavel? because if not, the gavel actually requires 80% of the non-merk players to vote it

I have been wondering about this too actually

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dy. posted:

he loves this meta, and he doesn't want to contradict it.

this is true. at least, up until it reaches the point of accusing me of *always* being a bad town player. i do like my meta, because it usually keeps me safe from nightkills. as for contradicting it, why would i go out of my way to play different than what feels natural? this isn't some "premeditated" meta, it happened because of how i play the game. and im not gonna contradict someone calling me town for meta reasons. why would i?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. Steak posted:

I count

.random
May 7, 2007

Hmm. Ok, thinking, between AT-LOW, Fry, and dy, I’m not sure who would be charging vig in this scenario. I’ll have to think about this.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dy. posted:

If only someone had a role who could say, investigate such an under-the-radar person to see if they had performed a kill! Why didn't Steak ever investigate Toalpaz? In fact, if he was so concerned about under-the-radar scum, as he states, why would he target me and and random, two higher-volume posters?

1. i wanted to investigate you more than toalpaz
2. i had already claimed by the end of day 2 and i'd never tell the truth about whom i plan to investigate

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wow, i thought this case would be more fun to respond to, but its really boring and says nothing new

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
to expound on the point:

my criteria for choosing targets was 1) somebody i think might be scum. and 2) somebody who is a decent person to choose to commit the kill, based on the feelings at end of day

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
tho in the case of last night, i basically chose my 2nd choose for the previous night. since obviously i wasnt gonna catch merk killing last night, or whatever

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dy. posted:

He is clearly and intentionally drawing attention to the fact that he wants to hammer. This is not subtle. He had previously expressed interest on Solus. He could have just hammered quietly and continued the game.

is it not obvious by now? i WANTED townies to know my role. you're right that if i wanted NOBODY to know my role i would have shut up and not said anything. i wanted to clue townies, so i used code that i decided townies were more likely to understand (due to the logic requiring an intimate understanding of a townie mindset to see my motivations for the hammer)

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anyway that was just a quick catchup. im about to spend time with family, so i'll see y'all in a bit

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Barring a charging vig gavel on SNG doesn’t end the game, correct?

.random
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Seeing as we’ve gone through all the other vigs, the backup, and the mystery roles... I don’t think so

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

That’s correct. But it’s still a god awful idea.

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!

Sandwolf posted:

AT-LOW posted:

We're at MYLO now. With a day town vig, we reach LYLO. With a town vote, we lose. A day scum vig or a scum vote continue the game.

If a scum charging vig is active during LYLO we lose.

Scum has two possible win conditions:

-Vote a townie
-Have both merk and a charging vig (random/dy/fry), use both powers today

The second one is not only much more complicated, it is *harder* to accomplish because a vote would require less people to cooperate

Let me know if you see anything wrong with my analysis

(Of course, if you're not me, feel free to add me to the list of people who could be a charging vig, as random did)

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!

sandnavyguy posted:

That’s correct. But it’s still a god awful idea.

Whether you flip or not, we lose tonight if we don't hit scum

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

AT-LOW posted:

Whether you flip or not, we lose tonight if we don't hit scum

Only assuming there are 4 scum. For gods sake do all of you have information on the number of scum in game I apparently don’t?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

I repeat: this is an obvious freaking ploy, and the fact that the rest of town is dancing to their tune is infuriating

.random
May 7, 2007

sandnavyguy posted:

I repeat: this is an obvious freaking ploy, and the fact that the rest of town is dancing to their tune is infuriating

I mean, either way I agree that merk is being scummy as heck and steak seems to be right there with him. Thus my vote.

These past few pages went by very quickly and were very clearly scum pushing hard to end quickly.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

sandnavyguy posted:

Only assuming there are 4 scum. For gods sake do all of you have information on the number of scum in game I apparently don’t?

without a 3P to at least factor against it, 4 people feels likely in a 15 person game

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!

Sandwolf posted:

without a 3P to at least factor against it, 4 people feels likely in a 15 person game

Voodoofly posted:

Player List there should be 17 Not sure how I lost Solus and Minus will fix at some point

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

1000% 4 scum

##activate the gavel

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

.random posted:

I mean, either way I agree that merk is being scummy as heck and steak seems to be right there with him. Thus my vote.

These past few pages went by very quickly and were very clearly scum pushing hard to end quickly.

i think merk is probably scum but i dont care because i also think dy is *definitely* scum

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh, but i just saw that more people are voting merk now. so that works too ##vote merk

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im not trying to rush anything, but nobody scumrushed on dy, nobody scumrushed on merk when he was as -3 for a while. cmon this is obvious

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Still haven't caught up, had no time tonight. Gonna do a scummy lookin pop in to ask what's the gavel count is at?

The fact that it's slowly picked up steam but hasnt exploded makes me feel like it might be on target even if I don't agree with the logic behind it.

Also, I skimmed and saw people claiming and poo poo. I will not be doing that, just fyi.

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

Mr. Steak posted:

im not trying to rush anything, but nobody scumrushed on dy, nobody scumrushed on merk when he was as -3 for a while. cmon this is obvious

There could already scum on him, I don't like this.

##unvote

Philip J. Fry
Jan 3, 2009

What smells like blue?

You could be right, and I'm still fine with voting him but that was bad logic.

.random
May 7, 2007

I think gavel is at 4 but idk. Merk, AT-LOW, steak, sandwolf?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Steak voting the gavel and merk is either very scummy or perfectly steak hedging his bets

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf should I gavel y/n/m?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I don’t know man I don’t think I feel comfortable advising on this but I think you’ve taken Somber’s role in my mind as the townie person I’m looking to

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote steak

AT-LOW
Mar 18, 2021

Battle routine, set!

Philip J. Fry posted:

There could already scum on him, I don't like this.

##unvote

Indeed.

Mr. Steak posted:

merk cased SNG

who still vehemently opposes merk's plan? random

merk was at -3 and was not scumrushed

who else was on merk besides fry? SNG and random

If merk is town, and therefore scumrushable, then scum was probably already on merk and the lack of scumrush is meaningless

cmon steak this is obvious

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Has anyone received a bulletproof vest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.random
May 7, 2007

AT-LOW posted:

who still vehemently opposes merk's plan? random

I do still think it’s a bad idea, but my biggest issue was the way it was being pushed and rushed.

quote:

merk was at -3 and was not scumrushed

who else was on merk besides fry? SNG and random

If merk is town, and therefore scumrushable, then scum was probably already on merk and the lack of scumrush is meaningless

cmon steak this is obvious

Or..uh.. merk is scum and therefore is not being scum rushed. Makes you think, right?