Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

am i too late? the OP says to keep signing up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I LIVE

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

merk posted:

THIS IS A SOFT CLAIM

I SUGGEST YOU START POSTING IF YOU'RE AT THE BOTTOM

You donít frighten me.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Steak is very possibly scum but thatís more evidenced by his desperation to be the hammer than anything else. Heís worried about the memories of a murder role.

Steak is scum.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

Ok I only have 279 posts to catch up on. Sundays and Mondays are terrible for me. Also, I will say I had no night action because once again, I don't have a night action to use.

I have almost 1000 posts to catch up on. Come at me.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

You do realize scum get to talk in private and town down? Town have to have all their conversations in thread? Here? Remember the game you just ran that town won because we..coordinated in thread? Openly? About roles?

Check your PMs.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Can you believe I have as many posts as someone who got to play all of day 1? Wild

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

##absorb SalTheBard

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Voodoofly posted:

Somber is replacing Sal

If for any reason postcount or anything else lurker related affects anything in this game, Somber/Sal is basically going to be off limits until I say otherwise, and ignored.

For illustration purposes only, if Somber/Sal was the lowest postcount player, now we would just look at the next lowest postcount player as the lowest, and the 3rd lowest is now the second, etc.

Oh oops

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I can declare exterminatus but only on one specific player

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I donít have it in me to read day 1 before I posted. What was the case on Solus? That he claimed to be a vig? So you all voted him?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I would prefer to see a SNG flip before a mucche flip

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Also if the scum could go ahead and PM me Iíd appreciate it. I need to know who the team is before the end of the day.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

No rush, just before EOD. Thanks.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Thank you, Steak, for your prompt response.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

and there it is

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Hum plz give me insight

I will be examining the votes on Solus day 1 when I wake up in the morning. I started already. Please hold.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Grandicap posted:

I guess I should compile my town reads so I can start working backwards. Unlike steak, these will not be fabricated because lol.

dy
Sandwolf
merk
steak
Keane
me

Ok, 6 out of 15 isn't terrible. I will not be voting that list today barring the oddest of circumstances.

At least one of the scum team is in this list

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

AT-LOW posted:

What is this attitude? oa is town for thinking you're town based on your bullshit? Should I take this as an implicit threat that you plan to call people who think your bullshit is scummy scum?

##vote Mr. Steak

It's long past time I called this bluff.

As much as I have my own theories as to which role you're implying, which role you actually are, and what your plan is, none of that actually matters because your actual role is NAI and you could be pulling the same strategy as town.

But if you're town, why did you bait the roleblock?

If the roleblocker cares about Memories of Murder, hammering like that is going to make you target #1, because it assures scum can't hide behind a hammer: by blocking you, they guarantee (barring third hand shenanigans) that either a positive result is generated or that no kill will happen and massive suspicion is generated on you.

Now, they could also just go with their #1 scumread, but you hammered and made sure all the thread knew it was strategy-related. You handed that path to the roleblocker on a silver platter. What town motivation is there for this?

This is what I have been saying since that night where I've been saying that the WAY you're doing this is scummy. The concept of hammering as town, especially if (as you stated recently) it outright doesn't affect your investigability, makes a lot of sense

But you keep cycling between divulging information completely unnecessarily and champing down on discussion of it, you act weird and dance around and make sure everyone knows that you're performing a strategy

Why not just do the thing? Why act this way?

So, you know why I haven't voted steak yet today, even though I've been saying that the way steak is doing this is scummy?

It's because steak is the absolute worst scum option to vote for today

Steak has showed his entire hand, has a not insignificant chance of being a good town role waiting for the right moment to go off, and most crucially has already hammered

(Does this make me a hypocrite for going after dy? Not really I don't think, dy hasn't really expressed any of this and and instead preferred to go "too bad we're never going to get steak!" and is in fact STILL doing this what the gently caress????)

What all of this means is that steak is a low priority in terms of scumreads. Steak clearly plans on fully claiming anyway, likely when he uses his ability. We should see what happens when he uses the ability, and work from there. Until then, we can focus on bigger scumreads (eg for me: dy), we can focus on scumreads who will have more informative flips (eg for the oa crew: oa, for whom a scum flip would have huge implications for sng's case, which makes it extremely weird to me that sng has repeatedly ignored my requests for an expansion on the case: shouldn't he want to get out as much information as possible now in case he's NK'd after an oa scum flip? I guess the names are all there, but is it an actual accusation of them all? If it is, why is it being framed simply as ammo in the oa case instead of "if I'm right that oa is scum, then I found the scumteam"?), we can look into non-Solus D1 cases like I wanted to, I mean hell seeing all these grandi votes is very exciting from that perspective even if I am less excited to jump on than I was at start of day

And again, most crucially of all: steak is now hammer position. If we're going to vote literally any other scumread we can just let steak hammer and not worry about hammer bullshit for the next night and day. The three factors (hand is shown, ability use will be alignment indicative, availability to hammer) made me feel like there was no pressing need to vote steak when there was such a decent chance he'd be town using a cool move to help us.

But then steak extended further and explicitly linked thinking he is town based on his prancing about with being town.

What is this? Why is THAT a thing? It's trying to push a narrative where sussing steak is bad because people should get that steak is town from his play

As much as I've said to myself that town could do everything that steak is doing, I feel like it's absolutely ridiculous to do all this stuff, tell everyone to think about it alone and not discuss it, and then start basing townreads on who says it's town

Steak is stalling and trying to set up a scenario where he can be as scummy as he likes, but because he's a) clearly going somewhere with this and b) calling outside discussion of it bad, he's still going to have time to mess with town before he gets got

This vote is still suboptimal: we would have to find a new hammerer, we won't make progress on the whole oa diatribe, etc.

But despite your theory talk re: scum informational vs. early apparent scum, sometimes, even if you don't get the most information out of it, the right move is just to vote where you see scum

It may not be optimal, but it's what's in my heart! Now, take my suboptimal vote!

##vote M wait gently caress I already did this up top lol

Anyway, I leave you with this

Basically steak's entire deal here is that he's claiming a role that will let him help town while also hanging on to the hammerer position, yeah? And the partial claims and hatred of explicit guesses are very clearly signaling an intent to use that role at some point, yes?

Why would this steak so willingly make himself the objectively best roleblock target?

Sure, I can see at least one scenario where townsteak could do it and not screw up his own plan, in addition to the ones where scumsteak does it to gently caress up a town roleblocker

But calling people town for silently thinking, then calling this play town is maybe the biggest bullshit I have ever seen in this game of bullshit

I didn't read any of this but I'm gonna quote it so it looks like I did

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

lol

Hum whatíre your thoughts?

I started working on a giant vote analysis post but gently caress I'm only in this game for a day and I got a very slim chance of meeting my win con anyway

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

dy. posted:

If it overlaps with the town's, why not just come out with it?

It can overlap with anyone lol

I gotta pick 3 people and then state whether their faction will win or lose. If I get at least 2 out of 3 correct I win.

That's why I need the last member of the scum team to PM me so I can decide based on who you are. I know the rest of your team already, they contacted me posthaste. Don't be a spoilsport.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

dy. posted:

Statistically you're probably a lot better off guessing at who is town than who is scum.

Who would you pick right now?

Definitely not OA or SNG.

Probably would pick at this time:
Toal - They're playing to their usual town meta for me. I'm getting town vibes
merk - he lurked a lot but he has a good alibi and he did come out swinging today when he finally showed up. town
AT-LOW - typing a lot of words, suspicious of steak. I'm liking what I see. town

Unfortunately I have to pick either 2 winners and 1 loser or 1 winner and 2 losers. So I do have to probably figure out at least one scum before this day ends. There's nothing in my role PM that says I have to pick players still alive, so I guess I could just sandbag it and hope Solus/Binus's team wins.

Anyway I just noticed I don't pick until Night 3 so I get to read Night 2 and Day 3 before I make my picks. Godspeed and good luck.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Grandicap posted:

Do you know this or do you think this?

WOAH NICE ROLEFISHING, SCUMMO

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

CCKeane posted:

Oh I'm town. I hope that helps you.

:ironicat:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

more importantly, which team do you think will win?

At this point? It's looking good for scum. Y'all are all turned around chasing your own tails today. Maybe town pulls it off, I honestly have no more knowledge of the setup than what is in the OP (that I didn't read).

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I'd put scum at like 52% win chance right now, bump it up if there's another town lunch today

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Yeah, Steak seems wild and crazy but he comes at the game with a consistent, internal logic.

it just doesn't resemble earth logic all the time

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I can't tell with Hal, yet.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

AT-LOW posted:

I fundamentally disagree with you about steak's play

That said

STEAK

I will endeavour to stay online. If you are on someone who gets to -1, unvote, I'll swap, you hammer, sound good?

If it's someone who I absolutely wouldn't vote, I'll let you know before we get there

My preferred alternates are OA or SNG

bwuhhhhh

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

:ghost:A spectral voice echoes out of the endless corridors of time forgotten.

"lol y'all hosed"

After, there is only a slight breeze and the faint scent of Texas BBQ.:ghost:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (8): .random, AT-LOW, dy., Hal Insandenza, ilmucche, Mr. Steak, sandnavyguy, Sandwolf

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

town took that L lmfao