Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I'm going to claim mystery role C, or am I??!!?!

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Alright who looked at the last thread and stole my number?

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

.random posted:

So OA, now that you know who is who, which scum buddy are you bussing first?

You ##vote random

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

ilmucche posted:

tempted to say oh my god u suck to solus for making joke phase last like 5 minutes

Death to joke phase

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Toalpaz posted:

Things are getting a little too hot and heavy, hahaha. We don't even know if there are any scum this game.

Eh something about this post I don’t like

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Not voting solus, I agree with AT-LOW’s assessment that it’s better to keep him alive for now so we can possibly execute 2 scummy players in one day.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Tbh I get the feeling this might be like last game where scum just chilled out while town destroyed each other

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Mr. Steak posted:

coming in with an entire handful of townreads and absolutely nothing else is lame.

then again, maybe he's typing a big effortpost about someone right now and this is premature

Nah I’m just lazy sorry about that, nothing is sticking out for me at the moment, think it’s slightly odd that sandwolf voted me out of nowhere though

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Mr. Steak posted:

coming in with an entire handful of townreads and absolutely nothing else is lame.

then again, maybe he's typing a big effortpost about someone right now and this is premature

What’s curious to me also is that you haven’t had a single scum read so far from what I can see, all town reads too...

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Mr. Steak posted:

valid complaint. i should have been more specific. the issue isnt so much that you've not given any scumreads. it's that by calling everyone involved in the day's major discussions town, you are lowkey invalidating those discussions, ie saying they arent really worth attention. on top of that, you accuse scum of sitting back comfortably, but left it at that vague statement without analyzing any specific behavior through that lens

I never said that I think they are all town though? There isn’t much behaviour to point to though for quite a few of the lower post count players. Scum won last game by letting town get on with it when they were going after each other, I’m just suggesting that might be happening again. In particular the dy. sandwolf thing feels like town on town to me.

Your vote for me does feel slightly opportunistic to me though, though maybe I am acting scummy I’m not exactly impartial here.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Mr. Steak posted:

also (tho this isnt a serious point), as sandwolf so concisely pointed out, you aren't one to accuse others of sitting back while town fights.

Not sure what you are getting at here, are you accusing me of lurking? Or is this a reference to my previous game? I’m not going to criticise anyone for sitting back while a big slap fight is happening, it’s a smart tactic for scum tbh.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

AT-LOW posted:

This might also be the 4:30 speaking but I feel like I just had a revelation and I now completely understand binus's play and why he does everything he does

Care to enlighten us?

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

sandnavyguy posted:

Things are beginning to get circular on this point in the thread so I’m gonna drop my ##vote Solus

honestly I think it’s too high a liability to town to allow him to live, while there are benefits to his execution especially on Day 1 with limited information.

The method they are using (RNG) is anti-town at worst null at best, and roles not being indicative of alignment muddies the water even more.

So:

Hip shot=null
If RNG = null leaning scum
Or
If Lying about RNG = scummy

If scum:

Absolute town death D2-3

If town rough 9-11/14 chance town death because of RNG

If he’s lunched and flips town:

We lose a one shot random vig with low impact to overall strategy as an Armorer is possibly present and there is a power role heavy game, the at low connection and concerns over their positive leaning take on Solus is cleared up, and we can put the gambit business to bed with Grandi.

If he’s lunched and flips scum:

They lose a free kill, the arguments and scrutiny of At low and Grandi becomes highlighted, and interactions with nearly every poster can be analyzed as each person has commented on this issue in some fashion, which can’t be said for any other lunch candidate.

In the absence of any big upheavals, I’m happy with my vote.

Solus is the laziest vote going sorry, why would we throw away the ability to effectively lunch two scummy players in one day? If solus doesn’t play along tomorrow then I’m all for lunching them but right now it’s lazy and scummy as hell to jump on this low hanging fruit with this poor reasoning

##vote SNG

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Mr. Steak posted:

wait, are we supposed to vote somebody we think is scum on day 1...?

Is this a serious post? Lmao

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

You know what I would also vote steak, giving me real bad vibes

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Mr. Steak posted:

first 3rd vote of the game alert

I’d love to know the statistics on this ‘3rd vote’ rule, I’ve never seen it used to catch scum personally

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Mr. Steak posted:

ooh, ok this gets me fired up. something just clicked in my head and i am convinced you're scum

loving lol, the double reverse OMGUS? Why did you vote for me if you didn’t think I was scum before?

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

So we should just lunch solus without even asking him what he plans to do tomorrow?

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Mr. Steak posted:

i literally just got done saying i wasn't gonna vote for people i think are scummy. but now i just may

What is Mafia? Lunching scum gives us the most information so why wouldn’t we lunch scummy players first?

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I know you like to get into big slap fights steak but I’m going to have to disappoint as I’m off to bed

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

sandnavyguy posted:

Hold on, we have more than a day. I am NOT a deciding vote here, not even close. Where is this pearl clutching coming from OA?

Voting someone is a clear expression of you wish to lunch them that day or am I incorrect? I just 100% don’t agree that we should lunch solus today and feel that it’s an easy go to vote for scummy players. That’s my opinion take it or leave it. Goodnight

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

CCKeane posted:

It's goofy to say "ah well if Solus just doesn't agree we execute him" when that doesn't really help town too much since a scum Solus would get a free kill.

Like, if you think he's scummy, that's not a compelling deal! Scum Solus kills town, gets executed, and scum get another night kill.

1:1 scum:town trade is not a good deal for scum though, I agree with grandi that solus should shoot based on his own reasoning rather than randomly or by town concensus but I’m still not super keen on the solus case. Is any of it based on anything apart from a first post vig? It’s a null tell to me, his latest post didn’t ready scummy to me either and I hate cases that involve accusations of players ‘disappearing’, especially on a weekend.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

So apart from solus what were the other claimed roles?

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Sandwolf posted:

He did agree with me about OA though, which is a point in his favor, because for some reason OA got no traction despite every post of his being contentless white noise.

Why you gotta be so rude Sandwolf?

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Well that was terrible. I’m thinking it’s SNG, steak and Keane

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Mr. Steak posted:

this reeks

loving lol. I’ve been saying all day the solus case was terrible and I wake up to see it carried out, what do you expect me to say?

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Sandwolf posted:

How about who the scum is

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Well that was terrible. I’m thinking it’s SNG, steak and Keane

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Not really sure how you missed that post, or me voting SNG yesterday. You’re so sure I’m scum that you’d rather ignore anything that doesn’t align with your argument.

I have this overwhelming feeling you’ve tried to have me lunched D1 of every game we’ve been in together.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

dy. posted:

Someone always does this. They are frequently scum. It's low-hanging fruit.

You referring to me or steak here?

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Mr. Steak posted:

yes, when solus flips party host ill be hosed

:goofy:

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

ilmucche posted:

Or maybe wanted to steal the vig?

Why would hammering effect this at all?

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

sandnavyguy posted:

In essence, it comes off that OA knew the flip was going to be town, and thus didn’t put in effort to stop it but instead handwring so they can come back after the flip with a gotcha and say they knew where everything was going all along and what fools we are.

Point to where I said I knew solus was town after the flip. I said it was a poo poo case and you’ve already quoted one post of mine saying I didn’t like it, how is that me ‘on the fence’? The fact you jumped on it in such a scummy way solidified it for me tbh.

Here’s a question for you though, do you think sandwolf is hard busing me or is your case against him BS too?

##vote SNG

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

sandnavyguy posted:

I really disliked OA’s weak jump to my post yesterday, I’d be okay with shifting there too.

This might as well be a ‘3rd vote post’ but I guess you didn’t want that stigma eh? This guy is scum.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Also pray tell what question I didn’t answer from you yesterday SNG?

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Sandwolf posted:

OA is content lurking like he does when he’s scum.

Define content lurking for me. Also what do you think of SNG casing both of us for not wanting to lunch solus? I know you are tunnelling me but try and imagine that I’m not scum for a second yeah?

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Sandwolf posted:

Yeah I have considered that, it is weird. I think SNGs case on me is weak and bad and honestly a stretch. I can’t believe after yesterday’s EOD he honestly believes I’m scum.

But you were pinging me all D1 because you’re playing like the exact same game as you did in the last game. You have lots of little posts that amount to nothing in total. You’re spending more time responding to attacks than providing any scum reads. And you only seem to post when prompted to by a case or vote on you, you never seem to post of your own will to try and find scum.

I’ll admit I’m being lazy but I feel I’ve at least said who I think is scum and who I think is town. If you think I’m posting like I am last game then that’s fair enough

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Sandwolf posted:

So if you flip scum OA I could feel much better about SNG who went from casing me on some weak logic to helping me lunch scum.

Yeah well I ain’t gonna flip scum sorry to disappoint, I’d bet my bottom dollar that SNG will though

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Sandwolf posted:

I’m not sold on you OA but if you wanted me to vote elsewhere you’d have to persuade me and right now you seem more interested in talking this case down rather than talking another case up.

You think SNG is scum, okay, why should I vote him over you

Well I feel like I pointed out why earlier but okay when I’ve got a bit more time this evening I will lay it all out with quotes and poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

CCKeane posted:

Can you elaborate on what you mean by this? Specifically, "sitting back while a big slap fight is happening?"

I think this was when sandwolf and dy. were having their big D1 slapfight right? My last game scum sat back while several other slapfights happened and this let them fly under the radar. I was just commenting on how it could be happening this game too