Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Grandicap posted:

I understand that you are doing a thing, but I don't understand that thing at all.

It's a copypasta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

.random posted:

Oof. This post is killing me.

1. Solus play looks anti town... “but” it reminds ilmucche of 3p or SK play (which is... not anti town?)
2. Random speculation about set up that does literally nothing atm but enter another currently useless topic into the discourse

There's no butts there. I never said it wasn't anti town. You and binus really grasping at straws here

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

.random posted:

Ok. Sorry. I misread where the “but” was in #1. It still reads really badly to me

Ok fair

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

early reads
got some town vibes from dy. though I don't reeeally know why but this seems phrased weird to me

dy. posted:

For the love of god please stop trying to get people to provide role information on Day 1. This will not help the town.

toalpaz has barely posted all this game

Sal is claiming VT, I think this is important to remember later on?

AT low is doing their wall of sound text thing again. it feels pretty town

binus seems to be contributing and actually writing up cases which is nice

this post from AT-LOW seems pretty suspect to me

AT-LOW posted:

Why is anyone advocating voting Solus

Like is there a case or are a bunch of people just going "hey let's vote out our vig who is steadly growing more reliable for no reason"
normally they're pretty on the ball with big posts and stuff but to miss the point on we don't know vig alignment is a simple thing for them to miss.

though later on they cotton on with a reread of the rules i guess that's cool

steak has been doing some white noising. yes i see that irony that i'm pointing this out. they're leaning into a bit of chaos posting

I get the impression people are confusing me with merk again. we don't even have the same avatars anymore :(

the b-minus style of fact stating is starting to grow on my, but I don't agree with this post

b-minus1 posted:

In this post Grandicap is lightly bussing his scumbuddy at low

and this is a bad post

b-minus1 posted:

I’m not prepared to show my work at this time

I'm getting the impression that one of AT-LOW or dy. are scum. Steak is all over, which I think is their game.
also

Mr. Steak posted:

ilemucche, lets talk about what the socon action would have done, if you'd successfully tricked someone into using it
you're more than welcome to try the action if you want. I can't tell you what it does.

I guess I've got solus for their RNG excuse for firing a shot, one of dy. or at-low, steak is looking scummy to me as well, as they also kind of latch on to other people's arguments? Toal being a heavy lurker and distant in their posting is something I'm noting, but not super pinged about.

most everyone else I can't really read at the moment.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

##vote sandwolf

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

##unvote

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Hal Insandenza posted:

Is there some weird reasoning behind this?

I just like voting sandwolf

Mr. Steak posted:

mucche, you called dy and at-low townie in the same post you called them both scum

Yeah it's a bit of a stream of conciousness post as i scroll the thread

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Mr. Steak posted:

well, or pushing people really hard based on gut reads. if i feel like getting executed

i think we play day 1 pretty similar tbh

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Mr. Humalong posted:

am i too late? the OP says to keep signing up

You can sign up with a SOCON action

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

##Stumpify the Hum

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

merk posted:

[quote="Grandicap" post="514615012"]
##stumpify the hum
[/quote

Hey you messed up your quote.

And probably mine quoting you? I can't preview this on my phone

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

right, i'm off to bed so i'm going to ##vote dy.

they're one of the people who were pinging me and the way the votes are sitting now i get the most info on AT-LOW and binus out of it i think.

see you after deadline!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Mr. Stumpalong

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Voodoofly posted:

Secret Santa Gavel: merk once sent me a “Lurker Judge” gavel for Mafia Secret Santa. Now we pretend my niece didn't destroy that gavel while I was watching her one weekend and that I give that gavel to you. With this gavel you will have the power to convene special Lurker Tribunals, putting players forth to be judged on the heinous crime of lurking in a WIFOA game, and if you can convince your peers of these traitorous lurker's guilt, you will be granted the power to execute them on the spot!

Lol did anyone take this because votefinder is keeping pace with sal

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

So like it's night but we can all just keep shitposting as night crew? This game owns

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Oh. Yeah that went over my head. I thought meek was doing that for posterity

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Sandwolf posted:

. He’s worried about the memories of a murder role.

Lol I had this suspicion too. Stealing the words my mouth, wolf

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I just realised one of us is going to die when it hits day and that made me a little sad.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Mr. Steak posted:

going on record as being right about binus

Lol do you know this because you know everyone's alignment?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Mr. Steak posted:

why? toal hasn't seemed to take the game seriously for more than maybe 1 or 2 posts. there's no guarantee lurker gavel role is in the game, and lurking scum is still scum

Didn't Merk softclaim lurker gavel above? Isn't that what his postcount post is about?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

quote:

Memories of Murder: You are Detective Park, and you can tell if a person is guilty just by looking in their eyes. Each night you may target a person and determine if that person is guilty. A player is guilty if they have directly killed, vigged, or hammered another player in the game.

So steak is effectively protected from this.

quote:

Backup Extraordinaire: At the start of the game, the backup extraordinaire submits a list of the role/roles that player wishes to backup (from this list right here). After that, the first role to flip on the backup's list will be given to the backup at that time. If the role was a 1x ability and has already been used, the backup gets the role in the already used condition. When the backup dies that player's cardflip will not indicate whether the backup ability had triggered or what role it took over. The backup will not know of any results from the original player's use. This role is not an action - a roleblock will not affect your power. This is a one-time ability, and nothing can cause this to happen more than once in the game.

Or maybe wanted to steal the vig?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I would like to hear from stumpalong

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Somberbrero posted:

Hi I'm playing now ##vote steak steak seemed like obvious scum from when I was reading this game yesterday because I was bored and didn't want to do homework. Sandwolf is town.

Hi somber can you please explain your complete lack of posting and lurking until day 2? ty in advance

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Somberbrero posted:

Ilmuche it seems like you understand a lot about the game mechanics, explain it to me. I got bored reading the op when I debated signing up.

everyone picked 2 numbers, low single chosen number goes first. in case of a tie low second number goes first. I chose the double bad chinese number and went dead last in round 1 of the ensuing snake draft.

but all the available roles are there in the OPs! that's cool. also, we lunched P3 and scum killed P5 so I do find it a bit weird that they went high numbers as they're likely to have the best power roles? Or at least random, who had their choice of anything they want, is still here.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I guess being at the very bottom I also had a good chance at getting a semi decent role.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

dy. posted:

If things heat up on him and everyone becomes more interested in executing him, he's gonna be pushed to claim anyway, so why accelerate that process without a good reason?

Also to be honest, the more I reread this game the more cringey I'm getting about my own posts. I probably need to back off and stop telling people what to do, but I'm having a hard time because I legit don't understand why everyone here seemingly wants to give the scum freebies and it's driving me a little crazy.

Steak is already on the grill.

do you want to back off because you realise you're playing your hand too much?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Grandicap posted:

I don't think this is a reasonable view to have on these events at all. This shade feels manufactured.

##vote mucche

100%

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Somberbrero posted:

Seems kinda wack you don't have two picks. This whole post is super waffley. I feel bad because you sound super reasonable and I really appreciate that attitude but I do think you are maybe scum. Foisting off town reads on me? Psht!

That said I definitely want to flip steak first, get those good grill marks. I am not actually in favor of charring steak that way but I'm a vegetarian regardless so who cares.

NO GRILLING PUNS ALLOWED

##vote somber

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I'm willing to come back to SNG for this post

sandnavyguy posted:

big solus math post

This as well after the flip

sandnavyguy posted:

##vote Sandwolf

After the Solus flip in light of him being town, Sandwolf actions are scummy to me. They were on board with Solus being scum leaning, and was actively thinking Solus was an issue, but then when there started to actually be a push for him to get voted, he changed his views that suddenly oh no he must be town. Based on his thought process pattern and the timing of his tune change, I think he knew Solus would get voted and decided to fall back and let us vote for him, then shake his head at all of us who did vote.

His primary reason is apparently he feels that Solus’ return seemed genuine and townlike, but I disagree, it was a null action at best, there was literally no other way to turn the tide of the vote regardless of alignment, and saying “yep I’m convinced he must be town” reads to me as too easy a persuauion for normally cautious Town-Wolf.
Like someone having scum leanings on a player is valid reason to vote for them, but SNG was saying they're leaning solus and then goes after sandwolf for... backing out?

Keane which mystery role did you get?

Where are toalpaz and hal??

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

dy. posted:

I think mucche's posts kind of give me the same brain fuzz as SNG's. A lot of white noise and I can't really build a mental picture of his thinking. Something about it rings less authentic than OA though.

I'm confused here. These two statements are in the same post.

That's a stream of conciousness post. I type out my thoughts as i go then just slam them into a post

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

dy. posted:

Can you try to give me a few opinions that like, reflect more long-term, holistic thinking? It's really hard to judge someone by a jumble of stream-of-consciousness lines that conflict with each other.

ilmucche posted:

I'm willing to come back to SNG for this post

This as well after the flip

Like someone having scum leanings on a player is valid reason to vote for them, but SNG was saying they're leaning solus and then goes after sandwolf for... backing out?

Keane which mystery role did you get?

Where are toalpaz and hal??

?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

well I mean steak's sliding on through

am i better off just going full lurk and popping in to vote or what :shrug:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Sandwolf posted:

someone shoot steak tia

you could try to geddon him

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

##unvote

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Toalpaz posted:

yo why are you unvoting

Because i'm going to go sleep and people get stroppy about votes so i'd rather not sit with a joke vote on somber

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

##vote somber

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Sandwolf posted:

I mean. Town do sometimes think about optics, but I just can’t imagine optics being enough of the conversation to cause a debate on whether or not to vote who you think is scum.

optics is what the case on me is entirely built on

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Sandwolf posted:

quoi? Qu’est le cas sur toi?

as far as I can tell a joke vote and my bad posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Sandwolf posted:

Yeah but that push was dumb and lovely, c’est fini a ce point