Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Grandicap posted:

I will play if the final player count is 16 or less.

I will sign up once the player count reaches 16

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Voodoofly posted:

You can be my co-mod if you want

How can you do this to me voodoo!

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

.random posted:

Wtf TWO sand-players? Sand-players have an unfair Masonic relationship as they can communicate through the harsh desert winds!

Ahem

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hi friends, a lot happening in here

I think I am fine with Solus shooting there, his explanation for the target was meh but not super scummy, I get the joke randomness of it all.

Slightly wary of grandi for trying to make more out of the whole situation than I think was warranted but he was the guy who potentially would have been shot.

Kinda can see that dy. is hiding a bit by talking about play mechanics etc...

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

This reads like a slip. ďRest of the townĒ implies dy already knows sandwolfís alignment. Which is town. Meaning dy is scum ##vote dy

This too a little, but it's not as compelling as bee seems to imply

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

My heart says ##vote grandicap

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Yeah getting the same vibe from him as last game

I dunno, he seemed more like he wasn't posting last game, this doesn't seen quite the same

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

AT-LOW posted:

Solus is implicitly scum in both "lying" scenarios (and could go either way in the truthful one)

Hence this response, I thought that a fakeclaim was incompatible with town

In retrospect that isn't strictly the case, and fakeclaiming firing squad as a town when you realize your faulty vig is the bad one could be a way to draw the NK away from a useful role... as long as you're confident you're not going to get instantly cc'd and suspected, which a townie could not know with any certainty (given that the firing squad will likely want to fire D1 no matter what, maybe you could gamble on it not being in the game and if it is you can be like "well I only flushed out a role that was going to want to fire anyway")

In any case though, the point of the alt scenarios isn't to demonstrate alignment, it's to demonstrate that under the assumption that the resolved action was 100% real, the pool of what Solus could possibly be is incredibly small, and the most likely case by far is that Solus is actually the firing squad

My gripe with the Solus "case" is that it isn't based on scummy gameplay and is instead bending over backwards to eliminate what is almost certainly a power role that town could actually be getting some use out of

Do I think Solus is town? Of course not, everything Solus has done so far is NAI. But do I think Solus is scum? Of course not, everything Solus has done so far is NAI. The case is premature and it's advocating wasting a resource that we all but know is on the table.

Or, in other words, I do not agree with the concept of eliminating that role based on the information we have so far, when that role in particular is so open and easily controlled by the town as a whole

Of course, "the information we have so far" hasn't changed much, so I'll be glad to see it once Solus actually posts content instead of raw chaos

What do you make of Keane says Solus used it in the scummiest way possible?

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

I think you think that CCKeane is scum from this question. Do you?

Yeah I donít feel good about Keane, I think his Solus points were not particularly critical of the situation and felt like an easy push to make as scum

Also still donít like Grandi, his recent point that he ďdoesnít think heís made scummy postsĒ is the kind of thing scum say when they think they are being pressured for invalid reasons.

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Steak posted:

well i guess if binus THINKS he's voting for grandi, then grandi is essentially tied for vote leader with solus. which is WILD to me.

i mean i guess its mainly gut (same as everything) but grandi has come across among the towniest so far

Oh, why?

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

Oh merk, I never think of you.

Bad vibes from Grand, feeling good about dy. and Sandwolf. I am suspicious of At Low but I've cooled a bit and think some over confidence may be more at play. B- calling you scummy and refusing to elaborate is bad, I agree with Sandwolf on OA for mysterious vibes. I'd like Sal to say stuff. Don't really have much thoughts on everybody else.

The b- thing is something I would normally disagree with, but his last scum game he basically called people scum and was even more reticent than he normally is to explain and then he turned out to be scum so if he continues to not elaborate ever I might agree with you

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Grandicap posted:

Yes it is, but I'm not. Usually I can see people's reasoning in voting me, it's something I pride myself on, being able to see the game from another's perspective. It's how I do a lot of my scum hunting, looking for the person's motivation for doing a thing. But I don't currently see it. It's a scummy way to say the thing because it undercuts the statements against me without doing so directly. And a low-level gut feel of things I say being scummy are how I have gotten caught as scum in the past. But I don't feel it this game.

Hmmm I need to read this a couple more times to see if I agree with it or not

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

ilmucche posted:

##vote sandwolf

Is there some weird reasoning behind this?

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Steak posted:

also fyi latching onto other people's cases is how i play d1 regardless

Yeah buddy!

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

I just read solusí posts and Iím not really getting scummy vibes. But if he doesnít come back to the game Iíd vote him out

Yeah about the same. Sudden influx of votes is off putting though

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

Okay and grand.

Ok less actual votes but votes and people building up to votes

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

sure sure ##stumpify the hum

Grandicap posted:

I feel like this is how AT-LOW posts in every game I've seen.

AT-LOW, have you been scum in recent memory so I can peruse that game?

I agree, although maaaaaaybe I could see AT-LOW being a bit more... concerned about appearances?

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

What if I did this: ##vote Grandicap

Youíd be doing the right thing!

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

dy. posted:

Oh wow yeah deadline is soon.

I think I'd rather see Solus go down than Grandicap. Would love to switch to Steaky Boy if anyone else is interested in making that happen.

##vote SolusLunes

I think steak has been pretty townie for steak so far this game

I know he seems all over the place but this doesnít feel like his scum game

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

dy. posted:

Why are you so confident that Grandicap is scum? I haven't really seen you say much about it.

Ehhh just a strong gut read. I think heís spent more time defending himself and hasnít really developed cases in the way he would when heís town.

I would be fine with Keane today as well. I think Solus is a good vote at this point too, mostly because itís going to be informative more than anyone else

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

He voted on my vote, and I am a good scum hunter. >: )

I've already caught 3 out of however many on scum team.

Keane Sandwolf Grandicap?

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

##vote solus

This seems like a big reversal eh?

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

.random posted:

Why Keane over SNG? Can someone else do a quick reread?

This is after Solus claimed it was lol XD random. Why would this give any bus cred?

The response: well it doesnít but maybe they can just claim itís a lucky shot later. But like, what does this give scum? Why post this stuff?

SNG then goes to make the (NOT A DIRECT QUOTE) ďitís a justified lynch even if not scum and also will give infoĒ comment which reads bad to me.

SNG is someone else that has pinged me today, but heís got less to work with, feels like Keanes content has been worse

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

I can sense your questions in your heart.

I had thought you were a lynx until the vowel thing so thanks for clearing that one up

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Nah I get it

Oh ok my mistake

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Whanna do OA?

You know I canít take you seriously when you do this

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Why not!!

U know y

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote Solus

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Merk, Hal, steak, why?

You do what you gotta do sometimes, I was obeying the will of the people

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf why is your guy Pirlo dragging Juventus down

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

THIS IS A SOFT CLAIM

I SUGGEST YOU START POSTING IF YOU'RE AT THE BOTTOM

Not all that soft, eh?

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I wish this was Carcassonne

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

dy. is probably not scum

Yeah I think both his argument with you and that hum comment are solid town play

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

dy. posted:

So re: hammertime. This happened in very short order:

Hal - the only mention I see of Solus from you is a post where you are defending his shot. What's the deal? Can you explain the mentality behind your switch?

My mentality was the it was only a few minutes or something to deadline and that seemed to be the only option to prevent a NL. I didnít particularly think Solus was scummy but itís not like he was confirmed town today me either

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

my meta read of OA is someone who earnestly wants to find scum, comments on things in thread, and posts pretty decent cases when he gets a ping

didn't see any of that in Stargate, gave him the benefit of the doubt, he won. not letting that happen here!

Hmmm is that really his meta? Genuinely donít know.

I donít find him overly scummy this game but I agree with the general conceit that heís not scumhunting very hard this game. I actually think his play has been similar to SNG thus far

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

you weren't exactly around at EoD trying kick up dust though

Middle of the work day where I live so I was as present as I could be I guess.

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Guys itís SNG, read his posts from yesterday, he jumps on the solus case based on opinion that he was bad for town because he made one random shot D1. He also had some weird theory that it was a possible bus against Grandicap or that scum would happily randomly bus a teammate. We only had solusí word that he used an RNG to pick targets, itís completely pointless waffle to justify his vote. Does he still think Grandi is scum?

He then spends the rest of the day attacking me for calling him out, and defending the solus case. No other scum hunting...

And what does he kick off D2 with?

So SNG is now convinced sandwolf is scum, a player thatís been tunnelling me super hard. He then flips to this:

So for pretty much the same reasoning as sandwolf he still thinks I am also scum, so either he thinks sandwolf is hard busing me or heís full of poo poo.

I think this is decent

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Insandenza posted:

Middle of the work day where I live so I was as present as I could be I guess.

Actually I am confused. It was dinner time where I live not work time. My mistake! Either way I wasnít in my late night free time zone

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

I felt very good about it under the either/or dichotomy. Donít get me wrong, he hasnít been exactly super townie in masonry either, but he doesnít seem very calculating either.

SNGís case on me in masonry came after I called him out for being okay with you (Keane) dying, while thinking Solus might flip town, and not moving at all. I literally laid 1/9th of the blame at his feet. He came back and said ďwell your shift doesnít look very natural to me, how were you so sure Solus would flip town?Ē and then I basically told him if he didnít bring that case to thread I was gonna go after him hard, because I thought he was just trying to apply pressure back to get me to back off. But he did in fact bring it to thread so now Iím thinking maybe heís sincere about it.

Iím okay with the idea of lunching one of them but I hate the implication that one of their reads will reveal the others reads when it feels like everyone is just missing chunks of the conversation that are happening in masonry.

Obviously itís hard for us to know whatís happening in the masonry

I donít know why youíd give credit to SNG for bringing the case to the thread when youíd basically forced him into it.

Also why are you ok lunching either of them when you just spent multiple posts extolling how unlikely you thought it was that mucche was scum

I started this post as a way to call out SNG but now this feels like some Scumwolfing

##vote Sandwolf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Insandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Maybe one of these days Iíll make a big post with quotes but I still think grandi is playing his scum game. Iím trying to give a bit of leeway for the couple sets of vaccination recovery but his whole game has just felt like a glide between surface reads and self conscious defenses. Plenty of hemming and hawing and forgetting who they were suspicious of. Keeps pinging me every time I catch up on his posts