Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
little turds aren't so smug now are they

https://twitter.com/AnaCabrera/status/1389614789966667777

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Feeling too sick to come to school lil' Timmy? That's ok here's remote learning lol

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Lmao welcome to adult life children. You must be productive at all times.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
I'm sure those days will be highly productive. The stay-at-home version of wheeling in the A/V cart.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
I guess the thousands of underprivileged children without their own computer with a reliable internet connection can just gently caress themselves then.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
So nothing changed there lol

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
We don't generally have Snow Days here in Southern California, but we do occasionally have Heat Days. Mrs. Genesplicer's district once had a week off due to extreme wind. Her school was situated next to a cow pasture. the wind was so intense that it blew down the fence between the pasture and the school. Then it blew most of the windows out and blew open several doors at the school. Then the cows found the relative quiet of the classrooms, and spent the better part of a week sheltering among the textbooks and desks. After the windstorms were over, they needed two more days to clear up the cow-based detritus, as well as the drifts of sand, dirt, and plant material from inside the classrooms.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Who's gonna make sure these kids are saying the pledge of allegiance? That's what I wanna know. God bless Citigroup!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2BfqDUPL1I

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
They also barely get a summer vacation now. School lets out in late June.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

CPL593H posted:

They also barely get a summer vacation now. School lets out in late June.

the rest of nys was already like that. i remember the last day of high school was like the 23rd of june. school starts after labor day. world is a gently caress

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

High school-aged children with free time on their hands are the greatest threat to civilization, so I fully support this measure.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Genesplicer posted:

We don't generally have Snow Days here in Southern California, but we do occasionally have Heat Days. Mrs. Genesplicer's district once had a week off due to extreme wind. Her school was situated next to a cow pasture. the wind was so intense that it blew down the fence between the pasture and the school. Then it blew most of the windows out and blew open several doors at the school. Then the cows found the relative quiet of the classrooms, and spent the better part of a week sheltering among the textbooks and desks. After the windstorms were over, they needed two more days to clear up the cow-based detritus, as well as the drifts of sand, dirt, and plant material from inside the classrooms.

not to call bullshit but if cows were living in a building a for a week, that building would likely have to have been condemned, they would have flooded it would so much poo poo that it would have seeped into the floors and walls and been basically uncleanable, never mind cleaned up in a couple of days. At minimum everything would have to be stripped to the concrete and hosed down and scrubbed multiple times and even then it would have gotten into all sorts of little spots. Cows are disgusting poo poo-factories. Horses you could maybe clean up after, but not cow poo poo.

This is result of a couple cows that lived inside a house for a few days after a storm blew the door open to a newly-sold residence. Absolutely nothing is salvageable here, the house has to be torn down because the poo poo has seeped in to floors and walls, it would always stink and always be a biohazard.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 19:27 on May 5, 2021

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

This is terrible.
To save time and money I think the children should be schooled less. In fact, none at all would be preferable.
Just year round existential malaise for all children from birth to prepare them for the blight of this hell-world, and I'd be glad for it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
what the gently caress nyc. you used to pretend you were cool

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Bill Deblassio could be replaced by a Roomba and the city would function better.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Milo and POTUS posted:

what the gently caress nyc. you used to pretend you were cool

This was never true actually.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

dang no more missing school for a month with mono i guess

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
oh wow, something lovely happened in the city famous for being lovely and full of assholes?

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

kntfkr posted:

Bill Deblassio could be replaced by a Roomba and the city would function better.

All of our mayors are a running joke. I can't wait until they name a bridge after this man.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
well maybe if y'all had a voter turnout greater than a hundred people you could turn things around

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Need to know Marvel's take on this incorporated into the next Spider-Man movie before I can make my own on it tbh

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

NYC to everyone, including itself: go gently caress yourself

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDfL1ck8-WU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Why school them when we can put them to work in the mines and factories? Timmy doesn't need to learn algebra, he needs to learn quotas. Jane doesn't need to know literature, she needs to know to keep her God drat fingers out of the gears or she'll be sucked in

Those are lessons you can only learn at the school of hard knocks

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Go see therapist.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

bossy lady posted:

All of our mayors are a running joke. I can't wait until they name a bridge after this man.

NYC resident, 2055: "You gotta take the DeBlasio Bridge uptown to get to the Yang Skyport. I don't wanna get stuck on Cuomo Parkway again!"

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Go see therapist.

lol what

oh no nyc is a giant cesspool that deserves to swim in its own filth forever and its children worked in slave labor camps until their deaths is WRONG now?? pfft whatever.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Goatse therapist.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

So the kids don't have snow days and instead have more summer vacation?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Big Beef City posted:

This was never true actually.

They definitely pretended they were cool actually

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

kntfkr posted:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
on a funnier note Yang is going to get absolutely wrecked by the NYC political machine if he becomes mayor and it's gonna be interesting to watch how long he survives

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

this is so hosed up. beyond cruel

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

low key sex master posted:

on a funnier note Yang is going to get absolutely wrecked by the NYC political machine if he becomes mayor and it's gonna be interesting to watch how long he survives

Yang is too good for a shithole like NYC.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Schools around here have been doing this for years. They can have all the snow they want and still get out of school on the original day. Suck it up NYC.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
thats hosed up New York. haven't people suffered enough?

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
You know how many school days we have in Winnipeg, Canada?

loving zero. Harden the gently caress up NYC. No school shooter will find you at your Mom's house.

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 21:21 on May 5, 2021

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Smythe posted:

this is so hosed up. beyond cruel

How so?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

snow days are cool. what are you, some kinda dumbass?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

You know how many school days we have in Winnipeg, Canada?

loving zero.
Explains a lot about Winnipeg.