Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BLOOD AND GUTS
This poll is closed.
HORRIBLE 1 0.63%
MEH 16 10.06%
GOOD 74 46.54%
GREAT 68 42.77%
Total: 159 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The Pinnacle is a great idea on paper being executed in a way that decidedly has me thinking "meh, whatever" in week to week execution and Blood and Guts being a wall-to-wall heel heat extravaganza after the build it got left a really bad taste in my mouth, and I don't know where the hell AEW is going with MJF with Kenny as champ.

Does it.. really matter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I mean this was supposed to be a blowoff for Pinnacle vs. Inner Circle and probably should have been, MJF PROBABLY isn't gonna beat Darby (I think Miro is), and who the hell else is the Pinnacle gonna feud with/what are they gonna do if the leader of the "best faction in AEW" isn't gonna go after a title, so...yes? Just 6 months or whatever of samey-rear end smug MJF promos with no faces to at least try to shut him uo? Hard pass.

I guess maybe they might do an MJF/Sammy singles feud, which now that I think on it I'd probably be okay with.

They've been pretty clear that they see this as a mid-point to the feud, not the blowoff.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lid posted:

(I assume) Onita hated the explosion match so much he's relaunching FMW as FMWE where every match is an Explosive match.

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/ff0e81422d3ac94706509c04a283b9cb12669bb7

Wow, suddenly the ending to Revolution 2021 is the greatest thing to happen in the history of our great sport.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm guessing the idea is to sell the Inner Circle as being leaderless for a little bit and having the Pinnacle with the upper hand until he returns. I don't know if that idea works as well with just Sammy being absent, but maybe they could've made it work.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Finish aside, I thought the ending stretch perfectly established MJF as the kind of guy who will absolutely abandon the Pinnacle to save his own skin.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jordan7hm posted:

And the cage match between Wardlow and Cody, and the other deathmatch between Kenny and Mox, and the Stadium Stampede. I dunno, what other really big matches were there?

The one between Sammy and Hardy was bad and they should have used a crash pad apparently.

Parking Lot Fight.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

It only really looked bad on TV. The crowd seemed to love it from what I've been able to tell.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Wouldn't hate CD and Kazarian getting one last run.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

PW Insider posted:

Last night's AEW Blood and Guts match last night was live, but the remainder of the show was pre-taped. AEW chose to pre-tape the remainder of the show due to the logistics of setting up the two cages so it didn't eat into TV time. AEW offered refunds to fans who came believing they were getting a complete live broadcast

The actual live crowd reactions from the building as they watched the first hour on the big screen were heard on the broadcast, similar to how AEW handled live reactions to the Stadium Stampede last year on PPV.

The Darby Allin bump last night was live as it happened. That segment was not pre-taped.

Cody Rhodes was busted open hardway during his match with QT Marshall last night, opening up the same place near his eye that has been busted open hardway before. It's a case of the same point being accidentally struck. That blood was not planned.

We are told that several talents in the Blood and Guts match were also busted open hardway. So, there was far more blood and guts in the bout than had been initially intended.

We are told there were no major injuries coming out of the match, but obviously lots of bumps and bruises.

They could've pre-recorded that Darby Allin bump and they just didn't. What a loving madman.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

SCU potentially holding the titles can get them back over to FTR so they can get them over to Santana and Ortiz.

I also don’t think we’ve gotten SCU vs FTR, which could be a good one.

Didn't they do it when FTR were doing their 20 minute gimmick? It was a good match IIRC.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Germansimp posted:

Maybe I missed it being posted but was there any word on how many people took up AEW on their offer of a refund for "only" seeing Blood and Guts live instead of the full 2-hour show?

I heard 5 or so.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEDUB #1

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Ethan Page is starting to get more comfortable in AEW. If the direction for Darby after losing the TNT title is an extended program with him I wouldn't hate it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Man, this is such a good shot.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/smFISHMAN/status/1390459606317608961

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Pinnacle is the most I've ever cared about Spears. It's the perfect spot for him.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Max Caster is one of the hardest working dudes in AEW. He makes the most out of everything he's given.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The finishing stretch sort of made sense to me in that the only person in the IC with a submission move (as far as I know?) is Hager and, well, Jericho. Once they left the cage the action wasn't shot super well, but I think Wardlow was able to mostly manage to keep Hager occupied?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lamuella posted:

oh god, I'm about to start Discourse, but is anyone else getting the feeling that focus has drifted away from the women's division again?

We had a lot of weeks where the excellent women's title tournament went on and provided great matches. We had the amazing Thunder Rosa vs Britt Baker match, we've had some really good matches from people like Tay Conti, we had the culmination of the Jade / Velvet feud, we had the triumphant return of Kris Stat, and now we've got... a title match announced for double or nothing, a squash match this week, and as yet no match announced for next week.

The division has so many good wrestlers now. Good wrestlers who could tell really good stories. I just want them to be given the space to tell those stories.

Jade does have an interview next week but they should definitely add a match to the card and they probably will.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I think there should be a belt on MJF but it doesn't look like there's anything for him right now. Hopefully soon.

I hope we'd get a heel vs heel feud if MJF vs Miro.for the TNT title. I think that would be excellent.

I'm anticipating him "prematurely" ending Hangman's first reign.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Rarity posted:

Dynamite/Dark/Elevation is 6 hours a week and we razz on WWE for producing that much content

If Raw had Taz and Excalibur on commentary dunking on everyone I'd probably at least listen to it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Wasn't QT's rear end always censored? It was Dax's rear end that slipped through because it was live.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

You know what? I respect putting Luigi above Mario at least.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

ozymandius1024 posted:

Sammy seems like he's got something built in with Darby as well (as long as Darby's body holds up, anyway)

That match they had at Revolution 2020 really goes under the radar.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I wish they'd print some of these designs on posters too.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Mr. Squishy posted:

I still don't fully understand why they brought over a phenomenal wrestler like Takeshita for a house show and 2 Elevation matches against someone who's not on the roster page. Great matches (I presume the house show was great), but wasn't he a known quantity? Why not put him on Dynamite.

I bet Ethan Page can throw Feugo so goshdarn far.

Possibly schedule conflict or they just didn't plan to use him on Dynamite at all.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

More matches being announced:

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1391169794133659649

Also for Dark:

The Factory (QT Marshall, Nick Comoroto, & Aaron Solow) vs Jake Logan, Ryzin, & Rick Recon
Ryan Nemeth & Cezar Bononi vs Liam Gray & Adrian Alanis
Marty Casaus vs Jungle Boy
Bear Bronson vs Brian Cage
Big Swole & Red Velvet vs MK Twins
Jaylen Brandyn & Traevon Jordan vs Varsity Blonds
Diamante vs. Willow Nightingale
Dark Order (Evil Uno, Alan Angels, & Colt Cabana) vs Spencer Slade, Cole Karter, & Andrew Palace

Pylons fucked around with this message at 00:32 on May 9, 2021

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/RealJDDrake/status/1391425703271440392

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm interested to see how they do it if Darby does retain. I think Miro takes it though.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

smarxist posted:

The only thing i can kinda see is Kip interfering, but that kinda pumps kip a bit and kills Miro

He's got so much energy ready to bust lose its the right time imo, I'm ready for tnt title to be America's greatest hoss division, emo twinks and jungle lads need not apply
Kip would make sense but I think he's more set up for a big return since he apparently shoot needs surgery.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6ZEm9OnRi8 BTE

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Karl Anderson's sour face is the best.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MktufqDyUD4 Road to is premiering

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I do wonder what the women's match for this week will be, probably get set up on Elevation. I'd love to see Shida run back her matches she had on Dark with Leyla and Kilynn to show how far they've come.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

blunt posted:

Lol I just remembered Christian is in AEW.

Boy that signing has really gone nowhere so far.

As we've seen with Miro, letting Christian find his feet is a good move rather than immediately strapping a rocket to him.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I hope he keeps finding ridiculous ways to wear his belts just to make Bully Ray mad.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Thinking about the irony of someone in Team Taz having a neck injury.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I think the endgame is kicking Taz out so if that happens Ricky can pretty easily still be the mouthpiece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/darbyallin/status/1392181566273691649?s=21

https://twitter.com/ToBeMiro/status/1392195596312788993