Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

How do people find out their lame abilities, are they just born knowing they can do X thing?

OK I'm about to just fall asleep at my desk so I'm going to have to sleep now and come back to this tomorrow. (Martman is next on the list) My cat is complaining that it's bed time and I'm not there.

Before I go to bed, within the actual comic world build people generally find out their abilities during puberty, lame or not. For really obscure abilities some people might never find out they have them until much later in life. So in my case I might know I'm doing something to the milk when I smalk it, but no idea what without experimenting with said altered milk.

Of course, in such a world the ability to detect and determine special abilities would be an uncommon but still genuinely ability in itself, but unless someone has a user name that really lends itself to analysis we probably won't see it in this thread.

In comparison, Zeluth's ability to detect Z's and create them and use Undo features on computers with their mind would be something they could figure out pretty quickly. Anyone with actual super powers figures out they exist pretty quickly as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Cool, I'd like powers if there are still some to be had

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Give me some lame chess related power. I'll wear a themed costume even if it's useless

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Derpies posted:

i would like a power

It better be YOU KNOW WHAT

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

I also take a ticket for a power

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I hope I get a sexual superpower :pray:

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
Something cat-related please

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Mooey Cow posted:

I hope I get a sexual superpower :pray:

The power to cum really fast.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

ohh this is fun

cool drawings op

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Dear God, OP. Are you saying I can be even more powerful than I am now???

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
reveal my true power

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Revins posted:

reveal my true power

I hope it's that you have the hot poops every Wednesday.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Literally A Person posted:

I hope it's that you have the hot poops every Wednesday.

but this is something we all know already

Yellow Yoshi
Apr 29, 2020

Figure 1: Mario's weird dog
Hello I'd like a power where do I take a number

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Smik posted:

OK I'm about to just fall asleep at my desk so I'm going to have to sleep now and come back to this tomorrow. (Martman is next on the list) My cat is complaining that it's bed time and I'm not there.

Before I go to bed, within the actual comic world build people generally find out their abilities during puberty, lame or not. For really obscure abilities some people might never find out they have them until much later in life. So in my case I might know I'm doing something to the milk when I smalk it, but no idea what without experimenting with said altered milk.

Of course, in such a world the ability to detect and determine special abilities would be an uncommon but still genuinely ability in itself, but unless someone has a user name that really lends itself to analysis we probably won't see it in this thread.

In comparison, Zeluth's ability to detect Z's and create them and use Undo features on computers with their mind would be something they could figure out pretty quickly. Anyone with actual super powers figures out they exist pretty quickly as well.

Thanks that makes sense. I guess I was just imagining someone with some really obscure power just trying EVERYTHING and failing to discover their power. I dunno if you ever go to baseball games, but sometimes they put up these really niche stats up on the board (slugging percentage is .650 on Home games during the daytime!) and I was just thinking if someone's power was like eating ceramic on wednesdays in Portland it'd be ridiculous

DeadFatDuckFat fucked around with this message at 17:46 on May 8, 2021

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I got my second covid shot yesterday, time to find out what power the Illuminati has seen for to grace me with!

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Smik posted:

William Henry Hairytaint, your power is...

Control Erectile Dysfunction!

This is pretty self-explanatory. It's useful but you don't like to talk about it.

Welcome, everyone, to the Sacred Order of No Boners

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Smik posted:

Meme Poker Party (I'm so sorry but I rolled a 1 out of 100 so your power is really going to suck) your power is...

DE-MAMMIFICATION! You have the power to restore the mammary glands of cartoon characters to their natural form. This primarily only impacts media since there aren't any actual lizard tits in the wild, with the exception of people with breast implants.
- You can remove mammary glands from reptilian characters!
- You can reduce the mammary glands in mammals to being non-existent unless they are nursing!
- You can remove breast implants!
- Furries hate you!
- People who like boobs also hate you!

This power pretty much well only has evil application.

I'm sorry.

The power brim... it lied to me...

Oh well owned furries lmao!!!

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

Smik posted:

Hairy Right Hook your power is...

poo poo CONTROL!
- You can force anyone within your line of sight to poo poo with as little or as much force as you wish!
- Your power is of Super rank, which means you can make your foes poo poo themselves to death!
- With enough practice you can eventually figure out how to make a target full-body prolapse!
- You are inevitably but silently blamed for any bout of diarrhea by anyone who knows you.
- If you are feeling especially cruel you can reverse the making GBS threads process. This takes a lot of effort.

Hell yeah, this has season 1 arc villain material written all over it

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Smik posted:

That's slightly disappointing. I was sorta hoping it'd just be like those hearing tests they had in grade school, and once a year there'd be a parade of tragically disappointed schoolchildren.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Smik posted:

Zil, your power is...

The Ability to ZILLIFY! Zilllification allows you to turn any dill flavour into something that tastes like you!

You can also reverse the process, causing your body and its excretions to taste like dill!

This pretty much well can only be used for evil if we're being honest.

Amazing, simply amazing.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i would like a special power op :shobon:

Bob Tuskins
Jul 27, 2007

I couldn't imagine life without the beautiful sight of the green horde
I have always wondered what power I have.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Smik posted:

Supreme Allah, your power is...

THE 17 YEAR WAIT
- You have the ability to delay anything event that has begun in motion to not complete until 17 years later, once per event.
- Your ability takes 17 years to recharge after use.

WARNING: Do not attempt to prolong an orgasm for 17 years! You will die of dehydration and a heart attack!
- No seriously don't, I'm pretty sure it would stop being fun after five minutes.
- Yes you can probably give yourself an extra 17 years to live.

I could keep doing that and live forever !

unless I dont see my death coming i guess but how often does

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Martman posted:

Gimme the juice

Martman, your power is...

DETECT MARKETS!
- Your Mart-Sense will go off when you are near any kind of market, be it supermarket, farmer's market, flea market or black market!
- You can tell without looking if a market is open or closed!
- You have a slight ability to determine the reputation of the market! Reputable markets sense differently from scammy markets.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

haggisforthesoul
Feb 2, 2006
Soiled Meat
I'd love a superpower, please.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
My power must be overwhelming!

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

HOMO ERECTUS posted:

o gosh im afraid i dont have ANY powers, im just a huge LOSER . sorry to bother this thread, what a dunce move that was

HOMO ERECTUS, your power is...
CORRECT POSTURE!
- You can automatically correct your posture at any time!
- You can correct the postures of others! This lasts 30 min to 3 hours, depending on how determined they are to slouch.
- You can also fix several spine disorders! There will be momentary extreme discomfort while your force their spine and accompanying nerves into the proper calibration but after that they're 100%!
- It's recommended that in cases of spinal correction a local anesthetic is administered and also wear ear protection. You won't damage your hearing but the sound of spinal recalibration sounds really awful.

muffler
Feb 12, 2021

by sebmojo
Does anyone here have super lawyer powers that can make up for the rest of my life being made legitimately not worth living by someone overstepping their boundaries and drugging me with a testosterone blocking prostate cancer drug to protect the dignity of terri schiavo

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Super power please

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Colonel Cancer, your power is...

CANCER CONTROL (a Super rank power)
- This is not at all a funny power.
- You can destroy or cause cancer.
- You are one of the most well paid but over-worked and controversial supers on the planet.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Exasperated Badger posted:

My officers chose me to get the Something-Awful Serum.

Exasperated Badger your power is...
BADGER CONTROL!
- Summon badgers!
- Control badgers!
- Badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger mushroom mushroom!
- The main disadvantage of badger control (and why this is not a class-B super ability) is that badgers are not extremely swift animals and so if you want to intimidate anyone you also have to drive around with a truck full of badgers.
- Guaranteed job in the UK for badger relocation!

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

power?

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Kinda scared

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Hey, OP :wink:

Please give me some powers so that I may finally achieve omniscience.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

How do people find out their lame abilities, are they just born knowing they can do X thing?

DeadFatDuckFat your power is...

CREATE DUCK FAT!
- Create up to 100L of rendered DUCK FAT per minute!
- Duck fat is excellent for cooking!
- Create slipping hazards!
- Never starve!

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
I’d like a power, please.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Play posted:

Humility is a virtue, so I'd be happy with any superpower no matter how seemingly useless or powerful.

The real superpower is the power of love and acceptance

It's a good thing you feel that way Play, because the power table roll was awful and your power is...

INFECTIOUS AND TOXIC LOVE AND ACCEPTANCE!
- You have the power to have LOVE and ACCEPTANCE, but this also transforms you into a BRONY while active!
- Symptoms last 1 to 2 weeks depending on your health and immunity!
- Your LOVE and ACCEPTANCE is INFECTIOUS in the same way the FLU is, causing others to turn into bronies!

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

My irl superpower is knowing the value of vintage computers by sight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

Fine, alright