Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wimsy

Please update your byob.xls with the following information;

Not BYOB: weed, butts,

BYOB: therapy

some ways that you can make use of this new information is to talk about your favorite strains of therapy, like DBT or IFS or CBT or psychoanalysis, for instance: "my problem with psychoanalysis is the couch-lock" or you can post "therapy time!" when its time for you to have your weekly sesh, maybe a "bump this every time you have therapy" thread. youc ould also make jokes, like "what if dracula went to therapy" (or what if dracula was a therapist), Hogwarts School Counselor, or "i wish my therapist wouldn't make me sit down and talk for an hour every time i go to get therapy"

:siren: therapy not psychiatry is byob now, psychiatry is very unbyob, medication and neurotransmitters are NOT byob :siren:

this is uncjharted territory for BYOB so there are no smilies, no :therapypal:, no thread tags etc, lots of room to make this new change in BYOB your own.

kind regards,
teh BYOB commtitee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
I dig it.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

i started going to a therapist a month or so ago and I can't decide if i think it is bullshit or if I think it is helpful.

I wish there were more butts at therapy is what I'm saying

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

my therapist says weed is cool

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
why would dracula go to therapy anyway? is living life times past everyone around him tearing at him? or is the fact that hes always getting type casted as an upper class hungarian depress him as an actor?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

hurf de durf it’s therapy time

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

watho posted:

hurf de durf it’s therapy time

wimsy

Nosfereefer posted:

why would dracula go to therapy anyway? is living life times past everyone around him tearing at him? or is the fact that hes always getting type casted as an upper class hungarian depress him as an actor?

he's feeling blah!

biosterous

wish i had a gf so i could watch her pour out her blue feelings on a couch 1x/mo

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Heather Papps

hello friend

therapy - it';s good

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

wimsy

biosterous posted:

wish i had a gf so i could watch her pour out her blue feelings on a couch 1x/mo

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Heading over to the therapy club with my bros after work.

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
my therapist was on the news one time because it turns out she's a falconer and one of her falcons temporarily flew away, and I really hope that someday if I do a good job at therapy she'll let me pet one of the falcons

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Finger Prince

biosterous posted:

It's way more than 1x/mo.

wimsy

How Wonderful! posted:

my therapist was on the news one time because it turns out she's a falconer and one of her falcons temporarily flew away, and I really hope that someday if I do a good job at therapy she'll let me pet one of the falcons

I think if my therapist had a vicious raptor perched on her wrist while we did therapy it would really focus me on results

wimsy

Me; so my mom doesn't understand m-

*falcon cocks its head at me and stares deep into my soul*

Me: uhhhj I mean...I relapsed last weeke-

*falcon gives a piercing shriek*

Me: i ran out of toilet paper ok? I wiped my lovely rear end with a t-shirt then I had to throw the shirt away!

Therapist: now we're getting somewhere.

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

CBD is out CBT is in. and by CBT i mean cognitive behavioral therapy and not cock and ball torture. again just to make it clear this is about therapy not a weird sex thing.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

alexandriao

watho posted:

CBD is out CBT is in. and by CBT i mean cognitive behavioral therapy and not cock and ball torture. again just to make it clear this is about therapy not a weird sex thing.

look fam, i get it, you want to talk to a hot latex clad tall woman about your feelings while she snaps a rubber band on your balls wrist, but look it's just unrealistic in the modern kink therapy scene, you need to look for what is there, not just what you want

Lord Stimperor

I'm a lovable meme.

The process of talking through poo poo with someone who you pay to not judge you is immensely relieving.

Buttchocks

I just got a job working nightshift at the therapy factory. The pay's good, but the environment is prone to explosions.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

OP I think you will find that therapy and psychiatry are both extremely good and cool and BYOB and my therapist agrees, thanks!!!!!!!!!

wimsy

its like crop rotation, sometimes things were byob but they aren't now (weed), sometimes things weren't BYOB but they are now (therapy), some things have never been BYOB but they probably will one day (psychiatry, tuvan throat singing)... you know how in Splatoon some days you're playing in these arenas and some days you're playing in those arenas?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I've never played Splatoon OP; perhaps everything is BYOB that is good and beneficial

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Benefit Your Old Buddies

wimsy

Me: Therapy is BYOB now.

Therapist:... And what does that mean to you?

Me: It means whether or not a poster is in therapy or has ever been in therapy that's ok, we can all make jokes about therapy.

Therapist: And that makes you happy.

Me: Yes! Well, kind of. It's also a little sad, because now weed isn't BYOB anymore.

Therapist: So you're in mourning as well.

Me: It's all a bit confusing.

Therapist: I validate and honor the complexity of your feelings. What do you need from me?

Me: It would help if you were Italian.

Therapist: Old-World or Italian-American?

Me: Whichever you think is best.

Therapist: I'll see what I can do.

Me: So anyways yeah, I guess I'm feeling conflicted about it. On the one hand, I feel like therapy is a pretty cool thing, like it helps people feel better but it's also kind of weird and funny at the same time? So it's good to make jokes about. But on the other hand, I have some pretty good ideas for threads about weed that I'm just going to have to put in a drawer somewhere. It's a real conundrum.

Therapist: Mamma Mia! That's a speecy-spicy meataball!

Me: Thanks for saying that. I'm feeling a lot better now.

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I consider myself somewhat of a connoisseur when it comes to therapy.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
A therapist's job is to break up with you. Break ups trigger my rejection issues. I can never leave therapy.

wimsy

I don't have a therapist, but I do have a woman that I see once a week for an hour who would be unconditionally loving and totally non-judgmental about me saying that.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

wimsy posted:

Me: Therapy is BYOB now.

Therapist:... And what does that mean to you?

Me: It means whether or not a poster is in therapy or has ever been in therapy that's ok, we can all make jokes about therapy.

Therapist: And that makes you happy.

Me: Yes! Well, kind of. It's also a little sad, because now weed isn't BYOB anymore.

Therapist: So you're in mourning as well.

Me: It's all a bit confusing.

Therapist: I validate and honor the complexity of your feelings. What do you need from me?

Me: It would help if you were Italian.

Therapist: Old-World or Italian-American?

Me: Whichever you think is best.

Therapist: I'll see what I can do.

Me: So anyways yeah, I guess I'm feeling conflicted about it. On the one hand, I feel like therapy is a pretty cool thing, like it helps people feel better but it's also kind of weird and funny at the same time? So it's good to make jokes about. But on the other hand, I have some pretty good ideas for threads about weed that I'm just going to have to put in a drawer somewhere. It's a real conundrum.

Therapist: Mamma Mia! That's a speecy-spicy meataball!

Me: Thanks for saying that. I'm feeling a lot better now.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

is physical therapy byob now too?

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Macnult

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

is physical therapy byob now too?

absolutely

Zil

What is the threads opinion on aromatherapy? No I don't mean essential oils.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
I bought a candle with three wicks. I lit it with some old matches.

Buttchocks

Old Three-Wicks is the name of my level 6 dragon-born sorceress/therapist.

wimsy

you ever think about the poo poo troi actually had to deal with on the enterprise, like most of her day was probably just people coming in to her office and confessing they were addicted to jacking off in the holodeck

wimsy

Redshirt: Thanks for seeing me, Counselor Troi.

Troi: I'm looking forward to helping you. Where would you like to start today?

Redshirt: Ok, well...this is really embarrassing.

Troi: Oh, you know, I'm a counselor, I've heard it all haha

Redshirt: Yeah, but this is really REALLY embarrassing.

Troi: You were jacking off on the holodeck.

Redshirt: How...how did you know?

Troi: *sighs?8

wimsy

jacking off ON the holodeck or jacking off IN the holodeck?

Zil

wimsy posted:

jacking off ON the holodeck or jacking off IN the holodeck?

Why not both?

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

wimsy posted:

sometimes things were byob but they aren't now (weed)

lol

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
On some serious poo poo. I struggled with a lot of angst and depression in my younger years. Felt unique, felt isolated, all that crap. Tried some pshrinks, always felt like I knew more than them (I did not). Hated therapy for that reason.

It wasn't until my life completely bottomed out and I got in some serious trouble that I was forced into a group CBT setting for people with my issues. To each their own, but CBT, for me, was a life saver. I see some of the limiting factors of it, but I guess it was really being a group of like-minded people during the CBT that really helped. I was able to spot myself in each of them and see that it was all BS that I was harboring inside. Really helped me call my own poo poo out and start a positive growth path.