Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Cheese stick x2
Orange

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I've just finished moving house. I filled the fridge up with stuff a couple of days ago while I was still getting things organized. I went to check on things yesterday and EVERYTHING IN MY FRIDGE WAS FROZEN SOLID!

The little knob inside was turned up to 5, I turned it down to one and waited to see what happened. The meat will be fine but my mushrooms and peppers are ruined. My 2 litre jar of milk will be fine but there is still a big frozen iceberg inside it. My tomatoes turned into bags of juice but I managed to salvage them by turning them into sauce - that's what I used to make bolognese for dinner.

Surprisingly, my chillies and garlic went through this ordeal as if nothing ever happened. I haven't even checked on my carrots and celery.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Why were your tomatoes in the fridge

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

My mom helped me move, that's were she put them. Putting tomatoes in the fridge is something I've been arguing with her about for years. If you think that's bad I know people who refridgerate bananas.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Why were your tomatoes in the fridge

you can keep tomatoes in your fridge to keep longer as long as you let them get to room temp before using. this is assuming supermarket tomatoes which have already gone through refrigeration once and thus lost that particular flavor barrier. sir.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

AARD VARKMAN posted:

you can keep tomatoes in your fridge to keep longer as long as you let them get to room temp before using. this is assuming supermarket tomatoes which have already gone through refrigeration once and thus lost that particular flavor barrier. sir.

I did not know this, :thanks:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I keep mine in the fridge because I rarely use them. So I'll buy maybe 3 roma tomatoes for when I make my breakfast toast thing for a few days in a row.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
I did not know it’s weird to store tomatos on the fridge

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
It can really dull the flavor.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Literal son of tomato farmers here and I store tomatoes in the fridge because they last longer that way. Don't care if they're a bit nicer tasting at room temp.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yeah I don't really care enough. I eat cheese cold too although of course it's better at room temp.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
I don’t like tomatos so who cares. Cheese tho yeah let that poo poo get to room temp. May have been this thread talking about some batch of 20 year old cheddar cheese that was available. Ordered some of that for my wife as a gift and it was crazy. Just the tiniest piece was mind blowing.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That must have been amazing. I've only had a few year old white cheddar and it had like... crystals in it. Maybe it was a Kerry Gold or something.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Tomatoes get tinny tasting after being refrigerated.

Tonight, whipping up a big batch of potato pancakes with sour cream and applesauce.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Making Persian herb stew. Too lazy to take pics but it’s chuck roast with onion, cilantro, chives, green onion, fenugreek, spinach, lemon juice, Persian dried limes, and kidney beans.

Probably my all time favorite recipe but I don’t eat red meat very often.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

sockeye salmon soft tacos with asparagus. won't take but maybe 15 minutes and it's all good stuff, too.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Picked up a 15" (2x 7.5") subs from Cousin's. Chicken Cheddar Deluxe. I get it every time.

But I had a rewards card that I forgot about! I bought enough subs to get a free 7.5" so I only paid for half of a full one!!! And I got a new card with a new punch on it!

Also those Vickie's (?) Salt and Vinegar chips that you see everywhere.

I'll eat that at like midnight.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Wood-fired pizza with a vodka sauce instead of red sauce, plus Italian sausage and chicken. The result was a weirdly un-pizza-tasting pizza, but it was still good.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Went grocery shopping, ended up grabbing Wendy’s on the way home. Too lazy to cook after all that.

Bacon Deluxe and large fries. Bacon portabello mushroom melt starts tomorrow otherwise I’d have got that.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I made some rice, veggies, orange chicken with those costco korean dumplings.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
making a pot roast the secret is a tbsp of fish sauce for extra umami

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

^^huh, I'll try that

Made a sirloin tip roast with a little helping hand from my good friends Mrs Dash and Tony Chachere.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i need an extremely low effort meatloaf recipe please. no food processor. anybody?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

AARD VARKMAN posted:

i need an extremely low effort meatloaf recipe please. no food processor. anybody?

Do u have an instant pot?

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Meat, eggs, onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, oven

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

i got chipolte for the first time in years because its price hasn't gone up while everyone else's has.

it was pretty good and i got a third left for lunch tomorrow.

1/2 steak
1/2 sofritas
pico
corn salsa
hot salsa
brown rice
extra cheese
sour cream
romaine lettuce

it was pretty wet because of all the salsa but it was good and hit the spot.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Gonna have that leftover half a sub from Cousin's.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

nexous posted:

Meat, eggs, onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, oven

Salt :v:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Lasagna

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Beef, crumbs or bread of some kind, little milk, egg, packet of French onion soup mix, Worcestershire. Ketchup mixed with cider vinegar and brown sugar on top. Bacon under the glaze if you’re fancy

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
1 lb rotini + 1 lb hot Italian sausage + 1 lb mushrooms + a bag of kale + half a lb of ricotta + half a lb of mozzarella + basil leaves + shredded romano. food for days

e: +1 jar rao's :ssh:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

LARB

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Currywurst!!!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Gonna make tacos hopefully.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Leftover sirloin roast and mershed perderders, sautéed up some spinach for a veg

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

AARD VARKMAN posted:

1 lb rotini + 1 lb hot Italian sausage + 1 lb mushrooms + a bag of kale + half a lb of ricotta + half a lb of mozzarella + basil leaves + shredded romano. food for days

e: +1 jar rao's :ssh:

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Chili

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

red beans and rice made with a leftover ham bone from a half priced ham

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Marinated boneless skinless chicken thighs in a mixture of light/dark soy, black vinegar, and GOCHUJANG. Pan fried. Amazing

Side wok tossed broccoli in a hoisin/soy/chile galic sauce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Chinatown posted:

boneless skinless chicken thighs

:dafuq: