Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Chicken Souvlaki Kabobs

Ingredients:

Chicken Souvlaki Kabobs:

1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch strips

1 cup sliced fennel (reserve leaves, if desired)

⅓ cup dry white wine

¼ cup lemon juice

3 tablespoons canola oil

4 cloves garlic, minced

2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed

½ teaspoon salt

¼ teaspoon black pepper

Mediterranean Couscous:

1 teaspoon olive oil

½ cup Israeli (large pearl) couscous

1 cup water

½ cup snipped dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)

¾ cup chopped red sweet pepper

½ cup chopped cucumber

½ cup chopped red onion

⅓ cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt

¼ cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves

¼ cup snipped fresh parsley

1 tablespoon lemon juice

¼ teaspoon salt

¼ teaspoon black pepper

Directions:

Step 1
Prepare kabobs: Place chicken and sliced fennel in a resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish. For marinade, in a small bowl combine the white wine, lemon juice, oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Remove 1/4 cup of the marinade and set aside.
Step 2
Pour the remaining marinade over chicken mixture. Seal bag; turn to coat chicken mixture. Marinate in the refrigerator 1 1/2 hours, turning bag once.
Step 3
Meanwhile, if using wooden skewers, soak eight 10- to 12-inch skewers in water 30 minutes. Drain chicken, discarding marinade and fennel. Thread chicken, accordion-style, onto skewers.
Step 4
Grill chicken skewers, covered, over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning once. Remove from grill and brush with the reserved 1/4 cup marinade.
Step 5
Prepare couscous: In a small saucepan heat 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium heat. Add 1/2 cup Israeli (large pearl) couscous. Cook and stir 4 minutes or until light brown. Add 1 cup water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 10 minutes or until couscous is tender and liquid is absorbed, adding 1/2 cup snipped dried tomatoes (not oil-packed) the last 5 minutes; cool. Transfer couscous to a large bowl. Stir in 3/4 cup chopped red sweet pepper, 1/2 cup each chopped cucumber and chopped red onion, 1/3 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup each thinly sliced fresh basil leaves and snipped fresh parsley, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and black pepper.
Step 6
Serve kabobs with couscous, lemon wedges and, if desired, reserved fennel leaves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Very verstile and superior in every way to chicken breast. Can cook them whole, or diced up for stirfry, tacos, whatever.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Chinatown posted:

Very verstile and superior in every way to chicken breast. Can cook them whole, or diced up for stirfry, tacos, whatever.

I'm talking about the boneless skinless part you goober

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

SilvergunSuperman posted:

They come pre-trimmed without the skin or bones.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)

SilvergunSuperman posted:

When you get takeout Chinese, what do you think the fried chicken dishes are made out of?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Chicken 3 ways and glass noodles. :jerky:

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Eggplant caponata and Caesar salad

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Whatever extra amount of life you glean by not eating chicken skin while alive is time wasted

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Your mother is boneless and skinless.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Finnish spag bol

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'd love to go to the rest of scandinavia (I've been to Denmark in 1995) but I gotta say, there is just about zero food I'd be looking forward to. Which is a big reason why I like travelling in the first place.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Fried up some halibut

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

AARD VARKMAN posted:

1 lb rotini + 1 lb hot Italian sausage + 1 lb mushrooms + a bag of kale + half a lb of ricotta + half a lb of mozzarella + basil leaves + shredded romano. food for days

e: +1 jar rao's :ssh:

+ A lot of Frank's red hot + 2 frozen breadsticks

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'd love to go to the rest of scandinavia (I've been to Denmark in 1995) but I gotta say, there is just about zero food I'd be looking forward to. Which is a big reason why I like travelling in the first place.

This gravy sauce is nicer than the italian tomato sauces IMO. Favorite for the whole family. I think I bested the italians with this :smug:

Try the local strawberries in summer, apparently they ruin strawberries for people when they go back. The midnight sun has an intense effect on flavor.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
pasta+italian SAUCEAGE with an almost concerning amount of freshly grated PARM

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

NY strip steak, brussels sprouts with goat cheese, balsamic vinaigrette, and pomegranate seeds

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Roasted a 16 pound Turkey. Sides are green beans, mashed cauliflower, gravy, stuffing, potato rolls, and jellied cranberry sauce from the can.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
burg

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
This was last night but I'll be eating the exact same thing tonight. I got these frozen chicken cordon bleu packages for buy one get one 50% off so I grabbed a broccoli and cheese one too. They were quite small so I made two. I also made a baked potato the Alton Brown way; coated in olive oil and (garlic) salt, 350F for 1 hour (I do more), and some frozen veggies. Wasn't too bad. I went heavy on the sour cream because it's garbage day tomorrow and I have to use the rest of it up tonight.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Homemade british style chips, boiled the wedges in water & vinegar until well done, then you're supposed to oven bake them for three eternities. But electricity is too loving expensive nowadays so we deep fried them. Air fryer might've been a good idea for this, but we don't have one. Vinegar helps the potatos not fall apart.

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Just a tray of deep fried cheese stuffed olives meant to be served as an appetizer for a party, rice pudding for dessert

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Fried up some halibut

Shoulda fried some halibreast tbh. :shrug:

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Pizza

Also wings

Edit: thinking about buying a pizza oven but have gotten pretty good at this oven recipe

nexous fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jan 21, 2023

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Had dinner with the 'rents, mom made chicken potpies and apple fritters (:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Phyllo or crust?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
wok tossed broccolini with Trident brand FISH STICKS!!! :blastu:

side tatar sauce made from mayo, bit of dijon, dill relish, and fresh cracked black pep

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

nexous posted:

Pizza

Also wings

Edit: thinking about buying a pizza oven but have gotten pretty good at this oven recipe

Mmmm.

Oh, you got some peperroni on the wrong side! You hosed up your date!

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

made shrimp po boys last night but i forgot to have lettuce. the remoulade I made awhile back has really flavored up.

the mason jar is baby food.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I had sanwiches too. A couple of BLT's. Just moved in so I'm keeping things simple while setting up.

My butter softening setup:

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Valko posted:

Mmmm.

Oh, you got some peperroni on the wrong side! You hosed up your date!

My wife wanted a little pepperoni

thats why she married me

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Valko posted:

I had sanwiches too. A couple of BLT's. Just moved in so I'm keeping things simple while setting up.

Have you unpacked the toaster yet? Personally I’ve only ever received/prepared a blt on toasted bread :lofty:

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

EEKA GEEK posted:

Have you unpacked the toaster yet? Personally I’ve only ever received/prepared a blt on toasted bread :lofty:

My toaster has only two slots and I prefer BLT's untoasted anyway. I also like sliced pickles in them. And I mix the mayonaise 3/1 with either dijon or horseradish.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
DOS TACOS ADOBADA Y UNO DE SUADERO EN TIJUANA!!!

drk
Jan 16, 2005
Beef and gai lan stir fried with garlic, ginger, chili and two kinds of soy sauce

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Top Round Beef, teriyaki brown sugar marinade and broccoli

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?
special K with berries ngl

edit: i didn't add berries or anything they were already there

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i got freaking Papa John's

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?

AARD VARKMAN posted:

it's not even nazi anymore it's just not that good

the little peppers tho, best thing about papa johns

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

AARD VARKMAN posted:

dominos punching air. fail!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Chinatown posted:

dominos punching air. fail!

Papa John's is the cheapest here without dipping in to little Caesars territory but I usually do dominos

oh to live in the magical goon universe where you can Just Get A Better Cheaper Pizza From A Mom & Pop