Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

General Dog posted:

Would’ve been better with actual jokes instead of the cards that say “hey this person turned out to be bad, remember that?”

That was the actual joke.

Trying to erase problematic people from history, or at least erase the good things that other people said about them, will lead to some funny situations.

I would have liked it if literally every single space was taken by someone who had to be removed. Doesn't seem like it'd have been hard to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

tarlibone posted:

I would have liked it if literally every single space was taken by someone who had to be removed. Doesn't seem like it'd have been hard to do.

They kinda did that with the final shot only showing Baby Spice and everyone else was censored.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

General Dog posted:

So is Lil Nas X gay?

seems ambiguous to me

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
Most of the show was okay/good but that Vin Diesel sketch absolutely destroyed me for some reason

i also really do want to go to a movie

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Sivart13 posted:

Most of the show was okay/good but that Vin Diesel sketch absolutely destroyed me for some reason

i also really do want to go to a movie

It might be Beck Bennett’s best impression I’ve seen

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

They should’ve photoshopped him in to the Fast and Furious poster in the background.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Wait till they find out she’s wanted in 5 countries for war crimes.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-ovnCo4DUw

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

https://twitter.com/LilNasX/status/1396486586150309897

pwn
May 27, 2004

The other cut sketch from this week got uploaded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG68Ge4laLE

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
I love this sketch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie6LpKOJVf0

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Chloe Fineman is so amazing

I've been a big fan since she started but I'm still grappling with her being a Clear in a whole family of Scientologists.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Can't help but wonder if they were wanting her there to stop them making fun of scientology and get an inside person. Chloe seems really funny and talented ... maybe TOO funny and talented, like she was created in a Scientology Vat to produce a Sleeper Comedian to infiltrate and be activated with a moment's notice.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I had a busy week at work and just got around to watching the episode. I love how they gave a tribute to one of their all time worst hosts but gave no mention of the guy that wrote the Richard Pryor episode. You think Lorne is still bitter about being called out for being a racist?

pwn
May 27, 2004

Calling Charles Grodin one of the “all time worst hosts” informs me of how seriously I need to consider anything else in that post

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

rodbeard posted:

I had a busy week at work and just got around to watching the episode. I love how they gave a tribute to one of their all time worst hosts but gave no mention of the guy that wrote the Richard Pryor episode. You think Lorne is still bitter about being called out for being a racist?

I missed a tribute to Jason Patric?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I'm very confused because I've never seen Charles Grodin's episode I've only heard of it by reputation but now everyone is talking about how good it was now that he is dead so I don't know. What's a good way to watch the old episodes?

pwn
May 27, 2004

This is largely unrelated to SNL but here you go, a weird thing I found recently when ripping old recordings of the show from 2006.

I worked at an affiliate at the time, and during my brief time there, i found a tape with some seemingly random recordings on it. the video that they used for SportScene 13, a commercial, the credits of an unknown show, a couple more commercials, and the weirdest news tease promo i've ever seen. the marsha warfield show ran from march 26 1990 to january 25 1991, so one could figure that this recording is from that time frame. I genuinely never figured out what the genesis of this recording was or why it was still sitting on a tape some 16 years after it was recorded, but I threw it on the disc after that week's episode (Steve Martin/Prince) and 15 years later it now lives on in the digital realm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yga2cXzZAbY

Apparently they used a Huey Lewis song in their SportScene video, as YouTube informed me when I uploaded it. I guess Huey Lewis is fine letting people use his music in exchange for ad revenue from the video. Good guy

pwn fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Jun 21, 2021

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I learned that the price of Dominos pizza hasn’t moved in 15 years

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
A little something to break up "Pete Davidson re-signing?" season:
https://mobile.twitter.com/swin24/status/1407315240845516809

pwn
May 27, 2004

TheBizzness posted:

I learned that the price of Dominos pizza hasn’t moved in 15 years

I mean, it was ~30 years ago, but wow I looked up the price of a Domino’s pizza and you weren’t lying: $7.99 for a three topping. Incredible. Still not buying one, but incredible

Next order of business: The full Summer rerun schedule finally dropped, a full month after the finale. Comments after the schedule

June
26 Elon Musk, Miley Cyrus

July
03 Bill Burr, Jack White
10 Regina King, Nathanial Rateliff
17 Keegan-Michael Key, Olivia Rodrigo

The COVID Olympics

August
14 Adele, H.E.R.
21 Chris Rock, Megan thee Stallion
28 Dan Levy, Phoebe Bridgers

September
04 Kristin Wiig, Dua Lipa
11 Rege-Jean Page, Bad Bunny
18 Dave Chappelle, Foo Fighters
25 Unlisted (S47 premiere?)

So two things that astute readers will note: First, after this week’s show (Musk/Cyrus), we’re officially at the end of the sequential repeats. Since the first rerun of the season on November 14, the shows have been rerun in their live broadcast order. There was one out of order last month, when John Krasinski’s show was rerun again to promote A Quiet Place part 2, so technically the streak ended May 29, but either way, as far as I can tell, this was the longest run of sequential reruns ever.

Second, the season finale (Anya-Taylor Joy with Lil Nas X) will not be rerun this Summer, and possibly ever in the regular 11:30 time slot. Hopefully they change the schedule and slot it in after the Olympics somewhere, since everything in August and September is a second rerun. July is likely locked-in, as it is a Sweeps month and this is Emmy voting season.

Speaking of Emmys, I miss the physical screeners. Up through 2019, every year at this time, Hollywood would be flush with screeners of every show under the Sun, and for the last 19 of those years I would collect tapes and then DVDs for shows like Conan, Fallon, Seth and of course, SNL. Though it is kinda nice to no longer feel compelled to spend $50-ish on these silly things anymore, I hate that there is no physical record of episodes that SNL considers the best of the year.

Here’s a neat thing that was on one of thing of them. A screener for the category of Audio Mixing with Paul Rudd and Beyonce from 2008.

“Meet the Audio Mixing Team” is a custom montage as a special feature.

https://vimeo.com/566473793

They got to be announced by Don Pardo, which is pretty cool.

Next, starting tomorrow, you can stream Stories from the Show on Unnamed Streaming Service. Hopefully you’ll be able to watch it elsewhere soon, too. Reminder that Stories from the Show had previously been available on YouTube before Comcast decided the world needed a fifty-seventh streaming service to pay for. Anyway, you can see a preview of the S46 retrospective here. Apologies for inflicting Jenna Bush on you. The story is the first 01:45 of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa70bXnHlWs

Finally, SNL uploaded their latest supercut, this time of all the alien abduction sketches, which feels like a tacit admission that Kate won’t be returning next season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNnM4Yyc_C8

This is from a month ago but I forgot to post it.

Yeah it’s kinda Uncle-at-Nintendo but I thought it was worth reporting. But hey, as Aidy said in the earlier video, crying was common this season on the show, so maybe a cigar is just a cigar? :shrug:

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZLrDapphAI

Not sure if there's more on Peacock or if this is it.

pwn
May 27, 2004

It would certainly seem to be the full thing. Awesome!

pwn
May 27, 2004

I just acquired a neat little thing. I'm sure some of you have seen your local stations do this during their 11/10pm newscasts on nights with a live show. It's a few moments of the live feed from 8H as Kenan does his usual audience warm-up, with assistance from Melissa, Ego, and Heidi, and the SNL Band, exactly 09:30 before the show goes live. There's also a rather :geno: promo from Chris Rock. This was recorded from WTMJ in Milwaukee, WI, 2020.10.03 (season premiere.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y5paWXTltk

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Let’s go here because the line is too long at Spicy.

pwn
May 27, 2004

:drat:

https://twitter.com/soapsandscifi/status/1425923123971510274?s=21

pwn
May 27, 2004

But which fan site??

https://humorism.letterdrop.com/p/the-horatio-sanz-lawsuit-is-an-explosive-story-about-snl-nbc-and-jimmy-fallon

quote:

The Horatio Sanz Lawsuit Is an Explosive Story About SNL, NBC, and Jimmy Fallon

Seth Simons
AUG 13 2021

Yesterday an anonymous woman filed a lawsuit alleging that comedian Horatio Sanz groomed and sexually abused her 20 years ago, when she was 15 to 17 years old and he was a cast member on Saturday Night Live in his early 30s. The allegations against Sanz—apparently corroborated both by contemporaneous emails and by text messages he sent her in 2019 apologizing for his conduct—are nauseating enough, and they are only the tip of the iceberg. The lawsuit also names SNL and NBC as co-defendants and makes very clear that everyone at the show, including Jimmy Fallon and Lorne Michaels, saw what was happening and did nothing to stop it.

You can read the complaint, filed under a New York law allowing child sexual abuse survivors to sue their abusers past the statute of limitations, here. I don't want to overwhelm you with too many lurid details, but I do want to lay out exactly what is being alleged. Most of the headlines I've seen focus on Sanz, even though this story is about much more than him. I would hate for the breadth of the alleged misconduct to get lost in a news ecosystem that quickly forgets about anyone who's not an A-lister.

According to the complaint, from 1999 to 2002 the plaintiff ran and participated in fan sites dedicated to SNL and Jimmy Fallon. SNL employees and cast members read these fan sites. I will repeat this: SNL's employees and cast members read these fan sites. In January 2000 Sanz and Fallon initiated contact with the plaintiff, then 15, by emailing her from an NBC email address. In October 2000, she and Sanz met after an SNL taping, where he "was flirtatious and physically affectionate with the then 15-year old Plaintiff by kissing her cheek and putting his hands on her waist." By spring of the next year, when she was 16, she was regularly coming to SNL afterparties, where she drank alcohol in the presence of cast members like Sanz, who was physically affectionate with her in the presence of other cast members and staff. During this period he also allegedly messaged her on AIM, soliciting "revealing photographs," discussing sexually explicit topics, and telling her not to tell anyone about their communications. Over time, the complaint alleges, these conversations grew increasingly sexual and controlling. The plaintiff suffered shame and depression for which she eventually sought inpatient treatment.

Full story and more details in the link.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Bill Cosby told Keenan he would need two dicks after playing Fat Albert.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Nice interview by The Hollywood Reporter with Cecily, Aidy, and Kate.

From what Kate says in there, it sounds like - if she does return for another season - she would miss the first few weeks, due to a shoot in Australia she’s doing right now.

And here, here is another installment in the Stories from the Show series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIzOayRLajQ

I’ve heard from a very reliable source that there will be two big behind-the-scenes departures this season. As they have not yet been publicly announced, I obviously cannot be more specific, besides saying no, neither is Lorne. Sorry to be Uncle-at-Nintendo about it, but hopefully we’ll have official word soon. In the meantime, please feel free to guess who’s leaving. Right answers will win a vague, fleeting sense of superiority.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
It's Kate and Kenan because they are going to start a new morning talk show in Nebraska called Kenan and Kate. Looks like TWO uncles work at Nintendo :smuggo:

:pwn: :smuggo:

pwn posted:

Right answers will win a vague, fleeting sense of superiority.

Everyone guess because it works on wrong answers too!

An Ounce of Gold fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Sep 5, 2021

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

My guess is it's two clones of Lorne that have secretly been running the show for years.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

So it’s back October 2nd I’m seeing?

pwn
May 27, 2004

Yes October 2

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I picked this up over the weekend at a thrift store:

It's the box set with the book and CD-ROM set. The postcards are missing, though.

Now, I have to figure out how get to the CD-ROMs to work.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

pwn posted:

I’ve heard from a very reliable source that there will be two big behind-the-scenes departures this season. As they have not yet been publicly announced, I obviously cannot be more specific, besides saying no, neither is Lorne. Sorry to be Uncle-at-Nintendo about it, but hopefully we’ll have official word soon. In the meantime, please feel free to guess who’s leaving. Right answers will win a vague, fleeting sense of superiority.

My guess:

Mary Ellen Mathews (Photographer)

Don Roy King (Director)

They've both been at it a long time and are well past an age where they can draw full pension and benefits. :homebrew:

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Have they announced cast changes/new hires for the new season yet?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I remembered to enter the ticket lottery this year. Wish me luck.

pwn
May 27, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxexY3sefD8

pwn
May 27, 2004

Also lol

https://twitter.com/snlinreview/status/1435959676135514116?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Turd Ferguson, funny name :smith:

https://twitter.com/variety/status/1437848617398804486