Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

It's tragic...it's tragic because it's, ah...bigger than a normal death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Sock Don in the jaw when you get to Hell, Norm. :unsmigghh:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
https://twitter.com/jordythorn/status/1437900611744411649?s=21

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

:hmmyes:

The Vintage better be his hosting gig from '99

It'll be last season's finale :smith:

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
61? That's a ripe old age for an SNL comedian.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
He got a lot of well-deserved mileage out of the OJ Simpson trial.

I can't quite remember how he worded it, but there was one time the lead story was about some health issue becoming the #1 cause of death. "The #2 cause of death? OJ Simpson, at 2 people."

And I'll never forget who did that study that said that fish is good for you unless it's fried.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9artX5zzBsI

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

61? That's a ripe old age for an SNL comedian.

Unfortunately that is true, but usually for drugs. Norm's biggest vice was gambling. His WTF with Maron went into that a bit. He kept his cancer from friends and family for almost a decade? That seems weird, but I can understand it.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
https://twitter.com/kenlayne/status/1437871369128058882?s=21

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Sekhmnet posted:

Unfortunately that is true, but usually for drugs. Norm's biggest vice was gambling. His WTF with Maron went into that a bit. He kept his cancer from friends and family for almost a decade? That seems weird, but I can understand it.

He actually talked a bit about it, not having cancer but how much he respected Richard Farnswarth for not telling anyone about the diagnosis until the pain got too great and he killed himself.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/nbcsnl/status/1440760431526625285

i can already hear the billions of takes about kim

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Not sure why, I'm sure the voice actress for a Paw Patrol dog will do a fantastic job.

Hopefully it's the only stunt casting host of the season and we'll have it over and done with early on.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

God drat Jason better do a What's Up With That skit

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

GreenNight posted:

God drat Jason better do a What's Up With That skit

What's Up With That or Scared Straight though? Hmm...

pwn
May 27, 2004

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

What's Up With That or Scared Straight though? Hmm...

We can leave the prison rape joke sketch in the past, honestly.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I need Satan to come back, though.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Holy poo poo the musical acts~~~~~~
:swoon:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I will balance you out on that reaction, ha.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Holy poo poo the musical acts~~~~~~
:swoon:

I guess? I haven't heard of three of them, and the only reason I've heard of Halsey is because she's been on the show before, if I'm not mistaken.

(Cue people telling me Brandi Thug or Carlile Mustgrave have both been on the show a zillion times.)

The musical guests have become increasingly irrelevant to me, though, so... meh. I do like that they put them in sketches now, though. That's always fun, especially if they're extremely horrible actors.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
How long has Jason Sudeikis not been on the show, a season or two? I think beck bennett probably covers a lot of the same spots

pwn
May 27, 2004

8 years.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Musgraves was on just before she won a Grammy for her debut album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS6fWkZkrFc

Halsey has also been on a few times and I think her SNL appearances helped boost her career on the national stage, much like Musgraves experienced later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySmBqIKZi3E

Brandi Carlile won a Grammy along with Musgraves, for her song The Joke, which we may hear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r6A2NexF88

Young Thug has appeared on the SNL stage before, with Megan Thee Stallion!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIG766R_3VY

Here's his Tiny Desk, which actually has me a little excited for his sets and realizing that they have parodied him a few times already! :monocle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAROJPnd_s8

Toxic Fart Syndrome fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Sep 23, 2021

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.
I hope they have Lil Nas X on as host this season. I’ve enjoyed the acting he’s done recently in the videos to promote his new album. I think they could have a lot of fun with him.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Khanstant posted:

How long has Jason Sudeikis not been on the show, a season or two? I think beck bennett probably covers a lot of the same spots

tarlibone posted:

I guess? I haven't heard of three of them, and the only reason I've heard of Halsey is because she's been on the show before, if I'm not mistaken.

(Cue people telling me Brandi Thug or Carlile Mustgrave have both been on the show a zillion times.)

The musical guests have become increasingly irrelevant to me, though, so... meh. I do like that they put them in sketches now, though. That's always fun, especially if they're extremely horrible actors.

This is just both of you getting older. It happens.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

SunshineDanceParty posted:

This is just both of you getting older. It happens.

This is kind of ironic because Thugger is old by hip-hop standards, Kasey Musgraves won the AotY Grammy a couple years back and Brandi Carlisle is the sort of artist that appeals to older people as well. It’s not like they’re having Giveon or The Kid Laroi or 24kGoldn or Ava Max or Saweetie or Slayyyter

Edit: because I know the general music taste of goons I would be remiss to point out that Halsey’s newly released album was produced by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross and its dope af

edit2: also just a heads up Halsey uses she/they pronouns

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Sep 24, 2021

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Brandi Carlisle is roughly around the median goon age and is almost 2 decades into her musical career lol.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

DC Murderverse posted:

This is kind of ironic because Thugger is old by hip-hop standards, Kasey Musgraves won the AotY Grammy a couple years back and Brandi Carlisle is the sort of artist that appeals to older people as well. It’s not like they’re having Giveon or The Kid Laroi or 24kGoldn or Ava Max or Saweetie or Slayyyter

Edit: because I know the general music taste of goons I would be remiss to point out that Halsey’s newly released album was produced by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross and its dope af

edit2: also just a heads up Halsey uses she/they pronouns
Goons are real old

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Goons are old and also don't venture outside of their generic punk rock they've been listening to since the 90s.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Goons are old and also don't venture outside of their generic punk rock they've been listening to since the 90s.

My Bad Religion tickets are offended.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Much to my dismay goons loving love Carley Rae Jepsen and Ke$ha so miss me with these inaccurate generalizations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

GreenNight posted:

My Bad Religion tickets are offended.

Mine are, of course, seated.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

TheBizzness posted:

Much to my dismay goons loving love Carley Rae Jepsen and Ke$ha so miss me with these inaccurate generalizations.

Who are: “artists who have been around for more than fifteen years,” Alex?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

Mine are, of course, seated.

Yeah I can't get dropped while body surfing like I could 20 years ago.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

None of these musicians are on my classic jazz records, bunch of nobodies on SNL!

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
Honestly, now that I think about it, I've rarely cared about the musical guests unless they happen to be a band I'm really into. And, with my musical preferences, such appearances are fewer and further between.

The "getting older" part is manifesting in the fact that while before, I knew who the musical guests were and just didn't care to watch their performances; but now, I don't even know who they are.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Exxuuuseee me I listen to indie dance and synth wave. Two genres SNL consistently overlooks.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Who are: “artists who have been around for more than fifteen years,” Alex?

Ok but they aren’t 30 year old punk rock bands.

Also Call Me Maybe was 9 years ago :colbert:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

TheBizzness posted:

I’ll fight you

pwn
May 27, 2004

My guess:

Mary Ellen Mathews (Photographer)

Don Roy King (Director)

They've both been at it a long time and are well past an age where they can draw full pension and benefits. :homebrew:

Got one!

https://twitter.com/thesnlnetwork/status/1441810314253701129?s=21

Now that we’re a week out, I’m just going to drop the other myself; Don Roy King mentioned him in his very brief acceptance speech for Directing in a Variety Series at the Creative Arts Emmys last week (which, inexplicably, appears to be edited out of the version uploaded to YT.) Long time producer Ken Aymong, who joined the show in 1986, is peacing out into the sunset along with Don.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
New featured players announced:

https://twitter.com/nbcsnl/status/1442519716623372288