Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

DC Murderverse posted:

This is kind of ironic because Thugger is old by hip-hop standards, Kasey Musgraves won the AotY Grammy a couple years back and Brandi Carlisle is the sort of artist that appeals to older people as well. It’s not like they’re having Giveon or The Kid Laroi or 24kGoldn or Ava Max or Saweetie or Slayyyter

Edit: because I know the general music taste of goons I would be remiss to point out that Halsey’s newly released album was produced by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross and its dope af

edit2: also just a heads up Halsey uses she/they pronouns

Well I can't say I care much for the others but what's wrong with Giveon or 24kGoldn?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Beck Bennett and Lauren Holt are leaving. I liked Bennet and I don't recall Lauren Holt at all.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Sekhmnet posted:

Beck Bennett and Lauren Holt are leaving. I liked Bennet and I don't recall Lauren Holt at all.

Remember those sketches in the last season or two that had Aidy Bryant, but something was just a little bit off? I mean, it was clearly Aidy Bryant, but something just wasn't quite right?

That was Lauren Holt.

I don't know much about her as a writer or performer, but that's how she was used in sketches, so it is what it is, I guess. Her title card may as well have just said, "This Player Is Inspired By Aidy Bryant! See If You Can Tell The Difference!!" like those colognes you see at Family Dollar. Except those don't claim to smell like Aidy Bryant so much as they are designed to make you feel like you can afford Lagerfeld Photo.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Lauren Holt is the one you mistake for Aidy Bryant sometimes.

efb

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Beck Bennett leaving is going to be a bit of a shakeup - he's been the closest thing to a "glue" person these past few years, and it'll be interesting to see who steps up to fill that void.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
I'm having trouble imagining Kyle Mooney sketches minus Beck Bennett going forward.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I mean they got a few new white dudes to replace him.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Beck was the ultimate straightman and a good gameshow host. I wonder who is going to step up and take those parts, because I don't know if anyone on the cast can do it. Maybe Mikey Day?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Kenan will finally have to pull his weight.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

James Austin Johnson is by far the best Trump impersonator in the world so it’s really funny that SNL waited until after Trump was out of office to hire him.

Sarah Squirm/Sherman seems way too avant-garde and extreme for SNL, like more-so than even Eric Andre, so she’s a super interesting choice.

Also lol that the four cast members they did heartfelt goodbyes for are all staying but Beck Bennett leaves with no fanfare.

Dacap fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Sep 27, 2021

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Dacap posted:

James Austin Johnson is by far the best Trump impersonator in the world so it’s really funny that SNL waited until after Trump was out of office to hire him.

Never heard of him but I just looked at his Twitter and that pinned tweet of him doing standup as a teen was actually pretty impressive. That Chuck E. Cheese bit was great.

EDIT: Oh my god. This is the guy that the Trump rant on Mario/Bowser. Holy poo poo. I have seen him. That was some of the most I've laughed all year.

X-O fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Sep 27, 2021

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Oh yeah, he doesn’t look like Trump but he’s nailed the weird tangents, phrases, and tone so well. He’s by far my favourite impression, even more so than Atamanuik (and completely blows Baldwin out of the water)

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This is a thing of beauty. Horrifying beauty.

https://twitter.com/shrimpJAJ/status/1366170100588404737

We love it from behind!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Beck is a real loss, he’s been the best part of the show for a few years. I hope he’s in some really cool stuff soon and not just relegated to hunting for work.

Didn’t recognize Trump impersonator dudes name at first, but he’s great. 2 years too late though, so let’s hope he has range because there’s zero reason to be giving more screen time to that bozo in 2021.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

EL BROMANCE posted:

because there’s zero reason to be giving more screen time to that bozo in 2021.

I sure loving hope so

Edit: this is likely Lorne hedging his bets on a Trump 2024 run, with campaigns starting in 2022

Dacap fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Sep 27, 2021

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

:dogbutton:

https://twitter.com/giphystudios/status/1436041580130062340?s=19

https://twitter.com/SarahSquirm/status/1431717535926263808?s=19

https://twitter.com/SarahSquirm/status/1442522917036859393?s=19

https://twitter.com/SarahSquirm/status/1431339720840081414?s=19

Here is full stand up set from Just for Laughs

https://youtu.be/8lYU_YczAc8

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Sep 27, 2021

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Dacap posted:

On the one hand I don't ever wanna see Trump ever again but on the other it would be interesting to see this just the once with the full makeup on TV.

That's a monkey's paw wish though if I've ever had one.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
So Pete Davidson still has a job eh

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

X-O posted:

Well I can't say I care much for the others but what's wrong with Giveon or 24kGoldn?

oh nothing wrong with any of them, they're just names where if someone said "I've never heard of them before" I'd say "oh yeah that means you're old", they've all got their first big hits within the last year and have really young fanbases

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The biggest songs right now are just all incredibly safe and boring, rather than stuff that should be sending olds to an early grave with how out there it is.

Like, Machine Gun Kelly changed genres? Who gives a gently caress, that dude is lame as hell. Book Vulvodynia, you cowards.

E: actually in all seriousness book loving Ghost and make everyone except me super mad, it’d be great TV for sure.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

MGK changed genres? Did he go from mumble rap to mumble pop rock? I don't know. Seems all the same garbage to me...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

EL BROMANCE posted:

The biggest songs right now are just all incredibly safe and boring, rather than stuff that should be sending olds to an early grave with how out there it is.

You say that like Montero didn’t just drop. You ‘d best believe the olds are up in arms about that.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

MGK changed genres? Did he go from mumble rap to mumble pop rock? I don't know. Seems all the same garbage to me...

Yeah he hitched his train to the rebirth of pop-punk which fits his aesthetic much better. He’s not any less poo poo though.

You want some real good new pop-punk get Pom Pom Squad up in here

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The_Doctor posted:

You say that like Montero didn’t just drop. You ‘d best believe the olds are up in arms about that.

Man’s didn’t even allow his dick to get on the show last year. RATM are spinning in their retirement homes as they watched that opportunity go to waste.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Johnson's Biden impersonation was really solid, too, though I think he only tweeted it out once and I can't find it now. It's hard to get the voice down, but he definitely had it.

Now, will they actually do anything good, material-wise? No. No, they will not.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

The_Doctor posted:

Lil Nas X is about to convince another generation that the American Dream is something real and achievable.

Truly a GOAT.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

Johnson's Biden impersonation was really solid, too, though I think he only tweeted it out once and I can't find it now. It's hard to get the voice down, but he definitely had it.

I saw someone post the link last night, so was able to dig it out - https://www.instagram.com/p/CNGDHAEAdag/?utm_medium=copy_link

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I heard this season has 30% more Weekend Update for no extra cost or way to opt-out

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
I mean, its consistently the best part of the show so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
New season!