Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i'll be checking in on this thread later, thx op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

baw posted:

96k is an absolute monster of a sample size, btw

does the study judge their physiques and 1rms?

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

thalweg posted:

I guess i dont really get what youre asking then, or if youre just trolling with old gotcha questions. What's the difference between you and a bear? I don't see why we would consider the bear relevant to our own moral decision making, animals arent operating on the same framework we are so i dont think that question really gets at anything

From a perspective of animal quality of life, i think its fair to say a deer in the wild deffo has a better life than a cow in a CAFO. And deer dont have a lot of natural predators left in the US cause we killed em all so some hunting is necessary. So I'm sympathetic to the argument that it's not as bad to go out hunting, bag some deer, and freeze the meat in your chest freezer and eat that instead of going to the store. I think that method of meat eating is basically hypothetical though and doesnt describe a meaningful number of people in this country.

it's like you've never even heard of joe rogan

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

yes we know there are 2 jacked vegans on earth

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

is double chicken at chipotle more evil than single chicken

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

idk i just want to eat chickens so i can be strong. lifting weights is enough work without having to eat my weight in beans and lentils (lentil honeypot thread)

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

baw posted:

eat seitan and soy

i'm willing to compromise and stop eating red meat if you count chickens as vegan from here on out

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

my friend is a strict vegan and doesn't eat high temperature foods (maybe just anything that has been cooked with combustion idk), anyway i think my deadlift is significantly higher than theirs and i don't really want to add more struggle to my life by cutting out chipotle post workout meals. i think it would be a lot easier to be vegan if we could jsut agree to expand the definition of plants to cover some of the more convenient animal proteins

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

baw posted:

raw vegan is idiotic and accomplishes nothing. there are plenty of vegans who are capable of lifting very heavy things and it's not hard to hit your macros without consuming animal products

"hello, yeah, i'll have a bowl to go please. white rice, black beans, uhhhhhhh, extra pico and hot salsa and guac and lettuce. yep that;s it, thanks"

this is what you sound like to me, absolute lunatic

Epic High Five posted:

Theres always Catholicism

meatless friday where i only eat chicken is honestly a positive step i'd be willing to take

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

baw posted:

lol why would anyone order that on a restaurant

one of the hidden financial benefits of learning how to cook vegan is that it becomes increasingly silly to go out to eat, because it can rarely match what you can make at home

are those onion rings?

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

looks like onion rings and cabbage with sour cream (NOT vegan) on a tortilla

anyway i have to go to a 7 hour sword fight practice in the public park. i'll give some more thought to your case while im there.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

*out here getting completely roasted in the park by cyclists and ultimate frisbee dudes*
“buh buh but im not even vegan”

Epic High Five posted:

Just do what Clarence does and eat like a giant pig gorging on super unhealthy stuff, but pick the vegan options. Shovel vegan mac and cheese bites and pizzas into your maw all day long and chase your workouts with pea protein powder and a gallon of chocolate soymilk

Sure he juices but so does everybody at that level
honestly i respect people who are able to be disciplined about their eating (especially if they’re eating for performance at the same time) but changing your entire food base is a pretty huge personal project that i’m not motivated to tackle on top of everything else ive got going on at this point in time.

ultimately i’d guess it’s like any other sort of diet discipline and there’s a reason the vast majority of people just cant maintain one

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

also i think it’s rude baw said it’s stupid to be raw vegan. who ar eyou to make people cook their food if they dont want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

as soon as i can afford to buy a house im gonna put a big freezer in it and only eat animals i shoot from the wild

edit: this is my pledge to reduce my chipotle double chicken bowl consumption when i can manage it