Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Yeah, he apparently shot most of the film at f/0.95 which is extremely unusual. I think he shot the Joker scene for ZSJL with a similar setup, Snyder seems really wild about the ability to just hold the camera and point it where he wants, compared to something with a film magazine attached.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Lol, I got up and gave one a little tap at one point to see if it'd shift, wonder how that got through.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

There is a Miley Cyrus cover of Zombie on her latest album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN6ioPozE5o

It's not bad imo but it's one of those songs where you have to accept going in to it that there's a definitive version that you're never going to displace.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Violator posted:

Kind of wishing there were Predator-like smiling team member portraits during the end credits.

They were at the start!

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Time loop theories aside, I took it that the business guy had used the vault money as bait for a number of different expeditions and they were expected to probably fail at getting to it, while providing cover for other goals.

Judakel posted:

The camera work was awful. I have no idea why he decided to be his own DP. Snyder continues to be unabashedly pro-life and I sort of respect him for it. Zombie fetus is a much more direct visual than zombie baby.

You've got to stop listening to that guy in the cspam thread who keeps insisting Zack Snyder is a "self-proclaimed Christian Scientist"

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

The dead bodies they find down by the vault before Van gives his speech are noticably dressed the same as their group, is the evidence for a time loop.

Comrade Fakename posted:

There’s nothing in Justice League that would be in an MCU film, other than the length maybe? I just watched through the whole MCU and most of the films are edgier, or explore more sophisticated themes than JL.

Hey hey hey, this is the thread for arguing that Zombie is an inappropriate choice of song, the thread for arguing that Hallelujah is an inappropriate choice of song is over here.

josh04 fucked around with this message at 01:23 on May 24, 2021

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

NieR Occomata posted:

Army of the Dead reinforces to me that James Gunn saved Snyder from himself, because boy oh boy does this script come across as a director who nobody could say “no” to.

It's the work of a director who was at time of shooting returning from probably the largest "no" its possible to receive in your career as a film director.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

My other theory on that is that what's meant to be a definitive "Geeta died" shot is too soft focus to parse correctly.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

teagone posted:

whiplash effect

:golfclap:

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Sean Spicer was a mouthpiece of a would be fascist who literally tried to topple democracy. That's not "lib poo poo" that's just a fact.

Movie was better than I expected. DP should have definitely been someone who knows how to focus a shot. I honestly wish he had gone completely insane with the concept and had aliens and robots in this. Just make a cornucopia of scifi nonsense, no reason not to.

I don't know how I feel about the "time loops" theory, but I guess we'll see in the next Snyderverse drop.

They used these super-open f0.95 Canon lenses that are basically impossible to focus. Which, well, maybe a regular DoP would balk at the idea in the first place.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

John Wick of Dogs posted:

When Coyote dropped the queen's head for some reason I briefly forgot physics existed and I thought it was going to bounce and roll away with the king running after it

I thought he was going to do a Spiderman drive after it.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

1. rofl, never get tired of it

2. that's not depth of field, they've just slapped a gradient blur on the top and bottom to let you know it's a memory

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

John Wick of Dogs posted:

The zombie apocalypse starts because of a dude getting road head

Everything with the heist and nearly everybody dies because of a dude getting a head on the road

I think Snyder watched the first season of American Gods.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Yeah, it's just some silly fun. But equally, if they did make a sequel that was Live Die Repeat in Vegas, that would be extremely cool and I would watch that film.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Seems like an excessive amount of literalism to be applying to a film set in zombie vegas that's never in focus. He's talking about time loops and the camera plays along with his ruse for a few second. It's the same setup as when they're talking about how easy the plan is going to be and the camera shows them all in a circle shooting outwards; no-one yet has tried to claim that that sequence literally happened.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

It’s not confusing or a plot hole, it’s that it sucks to hint at a way more fun movie then make the most basic and rote zombie movie imaginable. Give us the crazy stuff.

The film ends with a nuclear explosion wiping out Las Vegas, idk.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

oh poo poo, a zombie joke from the year 2007

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Solving zombies with a nuke might have been done, but even New Vegas didn't have a nuke drop on Atomic City USA (Stephen King apparently did though).

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Olympic Mathlete posted:

"ah but by subverting your expectations of what's going to happen Zack......."

*sound of someone making GBS threads themselves to death*

please don't sign your posts

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

can we do the thing from the old GBS star wars threads where everyone writes their own synopsis for a better film, those were fun

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

All posters can be redeemed in Christ

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

ArfJason posted:

i lied i still think it looks like complete balls and audiovisual HIV. im not gonna watch it. farewell.

josh04 posted:

All posters can be redeemed in Christ

e: lol, coming to the netflix-own zombie movie for my kitchen sink character studies

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Yeesh, what a pseud. Thankfully the author is dead so we don't have to listen to all that!

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Important update, (one of) the rehoused lenses Snyder shot AotD with is called "THE VIOLENCE".

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Shame they don't show us the real burden, doing cleanup on all those shots to remove Chris d'Elia.

Also, settling an argument from earlier in the thread:

All CG!

e: turns out this was an argument with eugene v dubstep (rip) in the snyderdome, oh well

josh04 fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jun 7, 2021

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

DeimosRising posted:

Could have saved myself a lot of time, huge mistake in retrospect

This is a very commonly held opinion among PhDs, don't worry.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Lol, how did he fit this in around Taskmaster?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Saw Army of Thieves, wrote it up on letterboxd. It's a breezy fun thing that's pretty much two more hours of Schweighöfer being nerdy-charming as Dieter.