Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Problem description: Embedded tweets on SA will not fully display on any browser, but only on laptop. Tweet text and links will load, but without a frame and pictures stay as links. Desktop and phone are unaffected.

Attempted fixes: Googling, turning on and off all script and add blockers, tried various cookie settings, cleared cookies, tried Edge, logged out of SA (I felt free), and updated Chrome

Recent changes: None. Issue has been around for at least a month.

--

Operating system: Windows 10 Home 64bit

System specs:
Lenovo Yoga C930-13IKB
i7-8550U / 12 GB of RAM
Chrome 90.0.4430.212 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Warbird posted:

OP are you running any sort of DNS blocker on your network? eg- A pihole?

Also, be advised that Twitter embedding is tenuous at the best of times and will sometimes just not work for the hell of it.

not that I am aware of and my desktop is unaffected.

E: the DNS question got me thinking about my network and I forgot that I was running a VPN on my laptop, but not on my desktop. Turning it off fixed the issue. I'll have to play with it to see what's going on there, but at least I have the source of the issue.

Thanks for the question

-Zydeco- fucked around with this message at 01:46 on May 12, 2021