Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The only game I was allowed to own was Sonic two, which pissed me off because I asked for Sonic and Knuckles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

Oddworld for Gameboy. I thought the squidfaced guys with big guns in the ads were cool looking but the game was butt loving ugly and I hated the puzzles

Oh yeah, THAT happened.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

My younger cousin got a psone after I did and we planned to get different games so we could swap and he ended up buying Total Drivin’ which was the first time I ever thought I would rather do nothing than play video games. Later on his older brother tricked me into swapping disc 1 of Abe’s Exoddus for a scratched copy of Ricky Ponting Cricket.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

mkvltra posted:

I spent half of my childhood overseas (Japan, Bahrain) and half in a town in Northern Virginia. In Virginia we lived adjacent to a ritzy golf course and country club, and we would constantly have golf balls end up in our backyard and around the neighborhood. I would stockpile them and then sell them back to the golfers as they had to cross a public road at a 'country club designated crosswalk' or whatever. I would fill up my little red wagon with as many golf balls as I could and I had a piece of plywood that I painted to announce my wares. The golfers got to pick which ones they wanted. I learned after a couple weeks that I could sell Titleist Pro-V's for five each.

I also used to weigh packs of Yu-Gi-Oh! and Pokemon cards using a jeweler's scale (coke dealing scale), buy the heaviest packs, open them in the car with my mom, and then sell the holos I would pull to a TCG shop across the street.

I love this story but I have no idea what living in Bahrain and Japan has to do with it

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

its world building

Thank you.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

roach coach posted:

Toki

one underrated boss burped the word burp at you while you spat on his balls until he died

Sounds like my ex-wife!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004