Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

Oh man I remember this game. Think this was my first visual novel I read, heard some chat about it on an old forum when I was younger. Did two routes and didn't continue with the rest.

I think 2-4 days would be fine enough as an update schedule.

And I must vote out first route to be Hanako, as that was my first route.

Edit: well I didn't see the restriction. A shame but Im sure your reasoning are good. Just say that I'm gonna vote for her first when the option comes up.

For my proper vote, I say emi

DelilahFlowers fucked around with this message at 02:25 on May 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

Lilly's Theme is so serene and relaxing. Its a shame I never did her route years back. Love the music.

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

Ahh Kenji. Don't recall everything when I was 13, but I did think Kenji was funny. Managed to avoid his path mostly due to osmosis from forum discussion about it. Think I tried to get it once just to see if it was funny or not. While the politics IRL are no joke, Kenji as a comedy relief character lampooning those beliefs is funny to me now. Music that pairs with him is also top notch, he really is a clown. I think his comedy relief role fits in just fine here, though I recall it being frontloaded. Think interaction with Kenji falls off as you get further into any of the routes. Makes sense, but a comedy relief character should come in and provide some levity once or twice in the more serious parts.

Honestly, think there should have been a proper route for Kenji. Think it would have worked.

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

Chicken Thumbs posted:

Count me in as another person who had this as their first exposure to VNs! This game emotionally devastated me when I was a teen, and I have a real soft spot for all of these characters. Yes, even Kenji.

I was diagnosed with Asperger's in elementary school, and although they kept me in my regular class for the most part I would be shuffled off to a "special class" for 30 minutes in the middle of the day. Said class was the school's attempt to be progressive and help disabled kids learn social skills, or something along those lines. They clearly had no idea what the gently caress they were doing, and lumped people with Asperger's, ADD, ADHD, neurotypical kids who were slightly rambunctious, kids with physical disabilities, and kids from the actual special ed class all in one room with a teacher who (as far as I know) had only ever taught regular classes. In hindsight it went better than it could have, the teacher was nice and tried their best, but nobody learned a goddamn thing in there and we had to catch up on the 30 minutes of class we missed to be a part of it, and the class was canned after one year. I had no idea what the deal was with that class until way later (because nobody actually bothered to tell me I had Asperger's until I was well into high school for some loving reason :argh:), so I just assumed it was some kind of special treat for smart kids because I had good grades and the special class teacher gave me candy.

My special education class was put in my schedule. It was for students with less serious behavioral and mental conditions. We basically did not much at all. Just projects the teacher thought up. She was really nice and helpful while I was there, think I survived high school because of her. Met two of my good friends through it as well. Funnily enough, we were all anime fans. Don't know if aspies/adhd/autists have a high likelihood of liking anime but to me there is a correlation.

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

Falconier111 posted:

Can I just edit this post into the correct updates?

Also, DelilahFlowers, Violet_Sky, Chicken Thumbs, permission to throw links to your post into the OP? I’m thinking subdividing it into sections if response remains this high.
Feel free to, though I don't think I added much to the conversation comparatively. Though if it was valuable, thank you.

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

I can't recall my reaction to Rin's route. It was the second and last route I played after Hanako. I think it overall hit me harder than Hanako's route (though I did cry real hard after a particular part of Hanako's route). Really enthused to re-experience it. Now, I do recall Rin's route getting mixed reactions from people. It either hits you right or wrong and no other ways about it.

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

Gotta go for Lilly.

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

Oh lord I almost forgot this was an eroge. And I don't know if this scene really works, kinda escalates out of nowhere. Maybe I missed something but was Shizune and Lilly's beef towards each other expressed earlier in the story? Anyways, seems like just a way to make the player choose which path they are going on more than anything else.

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

Awww, I can't stay mad at the nurse. He's too cute with his smirk and blush with one eye open there. :3:

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

I think Limited would be fine enough for an LP. I'm more interested in the narrative importance than anything else, so a good summary without the guff would be nice. People can read the VN itself if they want the written specifics.

Edit: OP, think you should chat with moderation about how to go forward. I honestly think straight up text won't really fly at all. Last thread that had this sort of the censoring conundrum was the "Fate/Staynight" LP and that went with heavy censoring of text for humor. That was years back so standards prolly shifted.

DelilahFlowers fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jun 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

definitely Hanako this time.

Also, amazing updates. I didn't expect it to hurt this much, was always told the Emi chapter was the bubbly one. My expectations were shattered. Hope it works out in the end, those two are admittedly cute together.