Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Funky See Funky Do posted:

If you put a gun in a baby's hand and then train it to kill the president and it successfully carries out that mission was the baby to blame or are you the best baby trainer in the world?

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
So people panic buying gas now are like the folks panic buying toilet paper a year ago? The plastic bag pictures are just "smdh" level of stuff. I expect to see "trunk of car with flames shooting out" videos at this point. I'm thinking of "The Long Kiss Goodnight" at the end when they are rushing off the bridge and the back end of the car is exploding. I wonder what the panic buy will be later this summer. I'm guessing socks. Cause you never know how bad you need socks until you run out.

Also, lol if you don't keep 5-10 gallons of gas in proper storage containers at your house.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
:gas:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
IVE GOT SOME GAS FOR YA OP!!

*~*~*FFFFFAAAARRRRTTTTZZZZZZZZZZ*~*~*

HAHA GET IT???!!!!

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Gas shortage in America? Boomers are already calling Biden the "next Jimmy Carter".

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Away all Goats posted:

:discourse:

How does the gas station attendant let this happen? Isn't it illegal to use anything other than an approved container?

Guess how much people get paid at a gas station to not give a poo poo?

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

i think that was some stolen fuel in mexico from a while back

the lady filling up the plastic bag is also from at least a couple of years ago

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug

Mnoba posted:

man this is just like the carter administration

Gas shortages, inflation--I think I'll be avoiding trips to Iran for a while.

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

you know what im just gonna go panic buy some TP, just in case

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

HOMO ERECTUS posted:

you know what im just gonna go panic buy some TP, just in case

That's a great idea. You can use it to soak up the petrol you panic bought.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Here Vanc I shall pray some to you
:pray::gas::gas::gas:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
My grandfather served over 30 years in the US Navy. I miss him every day but the only reason I'm glad he's dead is so he can't see what an embarrassment the country he served for has become

This place embarrasses me

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Humanity is hosed because of the way we are. Don't go blaming innocent computers for it.

computers suck bro

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Only good computer is gas pump computer, and he's dead now

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Muh freedoms :911:

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
IM FREAKING OUT

actually just typing that was exhausting i'm taking a nap and calling out sick for the rest of the week

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I filled up my car today after work (Ohio) and there didn't seem to be a sense of a gas shortage. I get like 40 mpg, so whatever. But I did feel guilty because I was pumping gas in my scrubs while a middle-aged attendant wiped down the pump machine. :smith:

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
out of gas
out of road
out of car, I dont know how Im gonna go

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

There’s been talk for like a decade about how vulnerable the systems that control our vital infrastructure are yet no one gives the slightest of fucks to secure them apparently.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
That would cost money

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

out of gas
out of road
out of car, I dont know how Im gonna go

I had a drink the other day

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Pawn 17 posted:

There’s been talk for like a decade about how vulnerable the systems that control our vital infrastructure are yet no one gives the slightest of fucks to secure them apparently.

Milo and POTUS posted:

That would cost money

Unfortunately you can throw all the money you want at this stuff but it won't fix stupid.

Listening to news people are still imagining some sort of l33t hxor sitting at their machine trying to beat the CIA FBI WTF in a race against computer skills.

When the reality is that many of these exposures are the result of dumb loving lazy desk jockeys opening attachments or following links from 'openme@notahacker.promise.net.russia.yourfucked.net.oval office'

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Grondoth posted:

https://twitter.com/SecGranholm/status/1392588496880033792

It'll be fine. It's not that there isn't actually any gas, it's that a ransomware attack on a company's systems caused a shutdown of a pipe. The people who did it released a statement that was basically "holy poo poo we did not know it was that important, also we are not being paid by the Russian government so this is not an act of war," so they didn't even want to make this a big deal. There was no way the pipe would be shut down for very long.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Milo and POTUS posted:

computers suck bro

If you built a bird feeder, then filled it with sunflower seeds, honey, and all the other good things that birds love to eat but the only thing it attracted was ants then why did you build it? To attract birds that eat ants? That was clever of you.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Milo and POTUS posted:

That would cost money

More importantly, fixing it now would cost money now. Not fixing it now will cost money sometime in the future when it's hopefully someone else's problem.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

*Flying around in a helicopter reporting and laughing at the idiots below who can't find any gas*

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

I filled up my car today after work (Ohio) and there didn't seem to be a sense of a gas shortage. I get like 40 mpg, so whatever. But I did feel guilty because I was pumping gas in my scrubs while a middle-aged attendant wiped down the pump machine. :smith:

same. went to the busiest gas station in the city and it was actually quieter than normal except once i got home the local news started insisting that people here are panic buying left and right. either they started right after i left or someone's lying to me.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Yaldabaoth posted:

Humanity is hosed because computers are at the point where a dork in his mother's basement can take down an entire nation with their homemade software.

I remember for many years the scenario in which computers not working properly disrupting supply chains was related to natural events for which it was impossible to prepare. Now ransomware attacks are a weekly event and no-one seems to have a solution to that reality.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
OP i just wanted to add that your username is good and I like it and just I want to borrow a feeling

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Well keep going, don't stop now... :fap:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Whoze got da gas plug 👀👀

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I'm cracking up at the thought of five teenagers and Uncle Bill and his friend terrified at the full might of the FBI and NSA coming down on them or when they were just trying to make some coin

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
they're already dead

gently caress with our gas-oh-leen and find out

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Lolie posted:

I remember for many years the scenario in which computers not working properly disrupting supply chains was related to natural events for which it was impossible to prepare. Now ransomware attacks are a weekly event and no-one seems to have a solution to that reality.

Solution: keep your critical infrastructure equipment off any network that is connected to the internet.

Of course this isn't a 100% protective. There is still the risk of intentional sabotage or someone plugging in an infected USB drive and infecting the isolated network by accident, but those types of attacks require a lot more work to coordinate and exploit.

It also won't be viable for services where the internet is absolutely required to work, or where the convenience of being to access sites remotely outweighs the potential harm a hack could cause. But the computers directly operating the day to day functions of your nuclear reactor or fuel refinery probably should be air-gapped at all times.

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Gonna go fill up some trash cans to flip. You’re all just bitter because you don’t know how to hustle like me, a genius entrepreneur.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Piss hording is immoral. Reported. I hope you are trained to D&D.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer
No gas in VA?

Guess it's back to huffing jenkum!

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I'm in VA and I have gas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i watched a clip on foxnews and they implied the government was lying about there not being a gas shortage and used stations running out of gas due to panic buying as an example but didn't mention it was because of panic buying. then they had the governor of arkansas on and he was all like "see we need more pipelines and less regulation but biden doesnt love america enough" and that's why people are filling up garbage bags with gas.