Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Humanity is hosed because computers are at the point where a dork in his mother's basement can take down an entire nation with their homemade software.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Colonel Cancer posted:

Yeah but I figure that's more due to the weight than other properties. I was expecting the second bag to start leaking too lol

Seems like a bit of a hazard to have people just spray gasoline over the pavement too :shrug:

Going to feel anticlimactic if this doesn't lead to at least one idiot accidentally burning down a gas station.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Grondoth posted:

This wasn't dorks in their basements, it was professional criminals exploiting poor computer security. Due to crypto, it's a LOT easier to get paid by companies and it not be traced, so ransomware is a much more lucrative form of crime than it was previously. Companies are bad at security because why bother, what could happen, so teams of criminals can get bitcoins pretty easily by shutting down systems and making the companies pony up.

Reality is getting way too similar to cyberpunk.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

The fact that it's a hummer gives it an even stronger "Death of the American Dream" vibe.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Because I disagree. I don't think they are bad people at heart.

Why do liberals still insist that human beings are inherently good when all evidence points to the opposite and that it takes a functioning society to keep humans from killing each other?

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Vince MechMahon posted:

Because none of the evidence actually points to this. In times of actual emergency people will band together and help one another in pretty much every real world setting. Mad Max is a fairy tale.

Well I just can't see modern republicans not using a major emergency as an excuse to start shooting minorities, not after Trump's riled them up.

Yaldabaoth fucked around with this message at 15:34 on May 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Pennywise the Frown posted:

They will ALWAYS do this. That doesn't mean that all humans are evil to from their very beginning. That's a loving stupid doomposting thing to say.

OK, not everyone is evil but voting republican while the party continues to support Trump is a clear sign that someone is.