Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
THE BEST MAN VS DARBY 71 56.35%
BUCKS VS SCU 40 31.75%
NAGATA VS MOX 14 11.11%
OC VS PAC 1 0.79%
Total: 126 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Tag was great. Japanese guy who I'd never seen before threw good kicks but looked too old to be a believable challenger. Mox's music was bad.

I love it when Cody goes super extra. Inner circle angle looked like a cheap cosplay of one of the most famous wrestling segments of all time. Christian still doesn't belong here.

The OC thing gave me All Out 2020 vibes where it kinda took me out of the show until near the end of the main event.

The best man is the best champ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Someone has to be the voice of the casual fan 😎

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

I loved Mox's generic theme but people don't like Wild Thing??

Shida already has a flute solo and there's only allowed to be one.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Cerebral Bore posted:

How do you misinterpret the most obvious parody of a famous spot possible?

But enough about the Champaign golf cart

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Dave on what happened with OC/PAC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hI0723YDrk

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

:tipshat:

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

I suppose Cody not appearing on BTE has absolutely nothing to do with him filming an actual reality show for the last year...

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Cody also won the Lance Archer feud.

Page snipe edit: Remember when Cody was a time lord? Good times.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

flatluigi posted:

i'm thinking of going back and rewatching some of the early darks, does anyone have some recommended matches from back when crowds existed

Janela Vs Sabian (falls count anywhere)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzd6bpQ-qCU

Omega Vs Janela Lights Out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7_nxdftYks&t=2383s

Omega / Riho Vs Sabian / Ford (Jericho Cruise - no commentary but a fun crowd)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eoBkr7HvEI&t=1860s

blunt fucked around with this message at 01:21 on May 16, 2021

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

This week's Smackdown demo was lower than Blood & Guts :chord:

e; Meltzer on the rumours:

quote:

“It’s impossible in wrestling to get everyone to agree on everything, especially when they are passionate about it. The Young Bucks & Omega are legit close personal friends. Cody is more of a business relationship with the other three but it’s not an adversarial one in the least and all have the same end goals which is to build a company that sustains and grows. They have different philosophies, but everyone in wrestling does based on when you grew up, where you grew up, and your life experiences. But Tony runs the show and ultimately it’s the Tony philosophy. All want a diversified approach and you can argue whether that’s good or bad but that is what they all seem to agree on.“

blunt fucked around with this message at 02:14 on May 16, 2021

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

AEW desperately needs writers to get out of this hole they're in

This, but unironically.

Just someone to talk to all the different segment producers and work out how many run-ins, post match beatdowns, blade spots etc they've booked on a given dynamite and then change half of them to something else.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Mr. Squishy posted:

You mean a head booker, and they've got one already, he just likes run-ins.

They don't though. Tony approves the programs and big-picture stuff, QT does the segment allocations and agents/talent book the individual segments. There's no Vince-like figure who meticulously puts it all together.

If you look back at the first few months of Dynamite - when Tony was meticulously overseeing every segment - you didn't see the same thing happen three times on a two hour show the way you do now.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Rarity posted:

Why do you think Tony's not signing off on what the agents come up with?

Because based on that QT interview about the production just before Blood and Guts the people formatting the show don't know what's in every segment:

QT Marshall posted:

It is fun and Tony oversees it. I'm not perfect and there are times I'll oversee something and have this segment next to this segment and it's the same thing. I don't know the creative and had I known, I wouldn't have put two brawls next to each other. Things are going to happen and we're all learning. For someone who has never done it, I think I'm doing alright. A lot of it is common sense and asking questions.

So either Tony doesn't know either - because segment specific stuff is deferred to that segments agent/talent - or Tony is booking the same thing for multiple segments a show and not telling anybody. My interpretation gives him the benefit of the doubt 🤷‍♂️

yea ok posted:

calling vince meticulous is one of the funnier things i’ve seen in a bit

In so much as it doesn't matter what Vince's 20 writers come up with because at 7:50 Vince is gonna throw it out and go with whatever's been kicking around in his head anyway.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Rarity posted:

Individual agents not knowing everything doesn't mean nobody does

The person who puts the show's order together not knowing what's in the segments means not enough people know.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Cerebral Bore posted:

Good that you're here with the hot scoops about what Tony Khan does and doesn't know.

QT does the dynamite rundown, I quoted him directly. The world won't end if somebody says something negative about the very good wrestling promotion AEW.

edit: VVVVVVVV

Sure, but when somebody repeatedly dismisses the quotes of people who actually work there as fiction, that reeks of blind love.

blunt fucked around with this message at 13:10 on May 16, 2021

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

It would never happen because 50% of wrestling fans and 100% of Colt Cabana's hate him these days, but CM Punk was a good commentator when he had that injury.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Lamuella posted:

You could get someone with lots of commentary experience who is approved of by 100% of Colt Cabanas.

I'd be fine with it being Colt Cabana

Pretty sure pre-plague there was an episode of Dark that was like Excalibur, Joey Janella and Vickie Guerrero that was way fun back when they were still doing rotating-commentators.

blunt fucked around with this message at 22:55 on May 17, 2021

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

I'm guessing Dark goes back to being a 45min show at the Dynamite taping while Elevation keeps it's length / more competitive matches and gets taped with the 1hr TNT show.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Welp, I guess we know when Kenny's belt collector story is ending then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Looking forward to 205Live on E!, beginning August 13th.