Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
though not part of the main excel spreadsheet we use to track jira tickets, id like to give a shout out to our "we couldn't think of a better way to track affected customers in jira other than shoving every customer name into the ticket title" system.

gotta love "[fartcorp][buttco][customerA][dontcare][somebody][tacobell][yospos][bithc][urmom][ligma][justpost][probably terminated their contract 3y ago] oh look an actual description of the problem"

still relevant to this thread since lead product manager has informed me that he has a spreadsheet that ingests this issue title format and reports on it somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
i did a brief side gig in college working at some place that... idk advertised compliance training to lawyers or something? they had us go over a bunch of court system PDFs to get attorneys' addresses and enter them into a database

i spent one of the shifts writing some janky python thing to scrape the PDFs and vomit out the relevant bits, since they were mostly standardized--still needed manual review but it was a lot faster than manually opening and reading the PDFs. didn't occur to me that i probably coulda sold that poo poo to them instead of just using it to complete a "shift" in like 10% of the time i used to need and work on homework during the rest

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

lol today's hn is literally bastardized spreadheet as issue tracker as a saas app https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=31098065