Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

in 2011 during the lead up to a major ship inspection while i was still in the navy, i gave all the division officers on the ship a standard spreadsheet format to use to list and track all their discrepancies (my division had one that was around 10k line items because i had to track every single fuse on the ship). they were supposed to save an updated version with their division name in a particular directory on our share drive. i then had a master sheet with a macro that would pull the relevant info from everyone's spreadsheets and compile them into a single document. the front sheet of this workbook had the charts and actionable statistics to put on the powerpoint presentation that was given daily to the captain, the commodore's staff, the admiral's staff, and whoever else felt like showing up.

our ops officer liked my system so much, it was distributed across the waterfront. he told me four years later he was using it as an executive officer on a ship.

someone else got an award for my system because they gave a presentation one day.

nothing is more powerful than excel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

hey folks we didn’t get budget for jira again this quarter but have you heard of airtable?

how about we just run our expired version of jira for the next 5 years instead?