Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

mysterious loyall X posted:

Sonic fans are truely sick people

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1393254394318053377?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
it should be iollegal to sell a game as physical media if it doesnt actually have the whole game on it

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

i get why they don't do this anymore, but back in the day it used to be fun when character creation would involve answering questions about a series of weird moral dilemmas that feel like they were cribbed from a bad intro to ethics philosophy textbook:

SaGa Scarlet Grace does this, it has a little quiz at the start that it uses to suggest a starting character for you

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I think the most recent Pokemon Mystery Dungeon does the same. I was a Cyndaquil

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Fungah! posted:

youve got extreme games energy and you need to cleanse yourself of it
i have never posted in games but i am a very boring person unfortunately

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

mycophobia posted:

it should be iollegal to sell a game as physical media if it doesnt actually have the whole game on it

every game nowadays is like just a code on a disc lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

That Little Demon posted:

i know! it's so pointless, just a waste of money for both parties

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I miss gaming magazines, I know a few of them are still around, but they're definitely past their prime.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Calling everything clones. I still want every new FPS game that comes out to be called a Doom Clone.

Blatantly ripping off copyrighted music or characters because video games are small enough that no one will notice. Old video games put Beatles and Jackie Wilson songs in them and gave no poo poo.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Tato posted:

Blatantly ripping off copyrighted music or characters because video games are small enough that no one will notice. Old video games put Beatles and Jackie Wilson songs in them and gave no poo poo.
yuji naka is keeping the dream alive, for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ3G5GlIIj4

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
that rules. god bless the ghostbusters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmDyswPlWE0&t=495s

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Plebian Parasite posted:

I miss gaming magazines, I know a few of them are still around, but they're definitely past their prime.

Similarly, I miss GameFAQs guides. Specifically, guides that read like fanfiction, or tried to make jokes.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

video games... were the first NFTs :aaa:

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Pungry posted:

Similarly, I miss GameFAQs guides. Specifically, guides that read like fanfiction, or tried to make jokes.

Check this out https://gamefaqs.com

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Demo discs and level creators

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

For some reason this made me think of this

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lol

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I miss more games being set in one place. Some still do it but I liked the long rear end games that are just set on a house like og resident evil. Would be so cool to have more games with modern tech that just simulate a big rear end building like a hospital or something you have to explore but also not just those walking simulators

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

apropos to nothing posted:

I miss more games being set in one place. Some still do it but I liked the long rear end games that are just set on a house like og resident evil. Would be so cool to have more games with modern tech that just simulate a big rear end building like a hospital or something you have to explore but also not just those walking simulators

yeah. RE2make made me realize how much I missed that

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

getting to the end of the credits and just as you think it's over... it's the game thanking me personally for playing

thank you so much for to playing my game

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Fungah! posted:

youve got extreme games energy and you need to cleanse yourself of it
Sham is alright, give him a wee bit of time to settle

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Sham bam bamina! posted:

i have never posted in games but i am a very boring person unfortunately

its ok, but don't do the sad sack poo poo either

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmfao

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Secrets that go unnoticed for like, years. Datamining kinda killed that I think.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Watch out! Your rogue excels at backstabs, but Alexandar made his most devout followers give away their backs!

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

WombatCyborg posted:

Secrets that go unnoticed for like, years. Datamining kinda killed that I think.

Also games just being released as opposed to public betas, early access whatever so by the times its actually released it's almost impossible to avoid spoilers or leaked footage.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Plebian Parasite posted:

I think the only one left is Game Informer which basically only exists because it's tied to gamestop subscribers. Otherwise there'd be none really.

I miss em a lot too. I used to walk to the corner convince store as a little kid and every month would pick one out, usually between EGM, Gamepro, and Game Players. I usually went with whoever had the most Nintendo stuff on the cover. Kinda sucks that whole industry is gone, that was such a great time as a kid

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Manuals. Nothing like reading it on the car ride home and trying to sus out if you managed to pick a good game.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Arrhythmia posted:

Manuals. Nothing like reading it on the car ride home and trying to sus out if you managed to pick a good game.
NES/GB/SNES era artwork in manuals specifically was something that just doesn't exist anymore and it's sad.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Arrhythmia posted:

I setup a retropie early last year and used it to play the full version of games I always had demos for but never played. As it turns out a lot of psx era games are real hard to play if you don't have the manual

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Feelies were a really cool concept that was a bit before my time even. Though the copy protection ones can stay dead imo.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Len posted:

I setup a retropie early last year and used it to play the full version of games I always had demos for but never played. As it turns out a lot of psx era games are real hard to play if you don't have the manual

like what

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

real hard is an overstatement but i had to look up the manual for controls a couple psx games

future cop lapd is the one that stands out the most. it had a splash screen for controls but i'm dumb and slammed past it and then went "oh god what does anything do"

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

video games being fundamentally different experiences depending on which console you got it for. aladdin hits big for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

JOHN CENA posted:

video games being fundamentally different experiences depending on which console you got it for. aladdin hits big for this.

actually it's still happening today somewhat

Only registered members can see post attachments!