Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Fungah! posted:

yeah! i really miss cheat codes, even the dumb ones for poo poo like big head mode
Cheat codes you unlock via hidden in-game secret items or completing challenges or whatever.

THPS1+2 was super disappointing in this regard for me because in the original, every skater that you completed career mode unlocked a new cheat in the cheats menu. Sometimes it was a QOL upgrade like different starting locations on the map, sometimes it was a whole new secret character, and sometimes it was just a dumb fun thing like making your skater 400lbs.

In the remake you only unlock like two cheat menu items and they're super lazy sepia filters on the graphics.

Another game with a memorable cheat menu is Beetle Adventure Racing. It was a very wide open arcade racer with spacious tracks and plenty of hidden paths and shortcuts, and in each level there were hidden bonus boxes that unlocked stuff like new cars, cosmetics, and a cheat menu.

American McGay fucked around with this message at 09:06 on May 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

mysterious loyall X posted:

Sonic fans are truely sick people

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1393254394318053377?s=19

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Arrhythmia posted:

Manuals. Nothing like reading it on the car ride home and trying to sus out if you managed to pick a good game.
NES/GB/SNES era artwork in manuals specifically was something that just doesn't exist anymore and it's sad.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

mysterious loyall X posted:

The capcom ome ismt that great either but hell at least it wasnt developed by euopeans

:rolleyes:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

mfcrocker posted:

yessss I was raised on a steady diet of fuckloads of floppies ordered from magazines

Our main PC growing up was an old Windows 3.1 Packard Bell, and we didn't get anything more modern until 2000 which means I never played any 95/98 games and instead lived off of the Gravis Gamepad demo disk and various PC Gamer monthlies.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I bought Inca II that way lol. Just browsing CDs at Best Buy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

extremebuff posted:

I will be streaming myself playing Dark Souls 1 again, I'll be drunk on wine and just you know, talk poo poo haha. twitch.com/ElPuto