Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Cheat codes ftw

Games are starting to do it again but only being able to have two weapons at a time in a shooter is a scourge and sucks rear end. Let me have access to them all once I pick it up. Especially in games with upgrades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Not sure if they're disappearing or just uncommon

When you beat a game once and then the main menu screen changes

When the sequel checks for a save file from a previous game and updates stuff if you have one, not stuff like story choices in ME but smaller stuff. In No More heroes I did all the collectibles and it adds a bunch of lucha masks to your apartment. They're in NMH2 and I thought it was surprising they made gathering them all the standard design but turns out it checked for my NMH1 save file and updated it accordingly in 2.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It’s a vault you can trade into and out of as an online service

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I quit NMH2 when I started the SHinobu section and picking it up today the home menu has switched from Travis to Shinobu. So NMH2 doing both carry over saves and changing the home screen ftw

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Futur wars had one where you had to try use a random newspaper vendor twice because the first time nothing happened and the second time it dropped an endgame needed item lol