Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHat is the highest caliber of animal you could beat (in order)
mouse
cat
goose or whatever
dog
eagle
large dog
monkey
snake
kangaroo
wolf
gator
gorilla
elephant
lion
grizzly
View Results

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
because loving 8% of america thinks it could win against a lion:

https://twitter.com/YouGovAmerica/status/1393248140971716610

Also, if my math is correct here, 28% think they would lose to a mouse/rat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

hamster for sure

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'm assuming this is unarmed combat.

And I want to meet the freaking morons who couldn't beat a mouse in a fight to the death as well as the ones who think they could beat an elephant in a fist fight

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I want to meet that 2% who feels comfortable they could beat up an elephant but not a bear.

I assume they think it's like Dark Souls where the could run around the elephant's feet and smack it's legs until they win. Of course this strategy would not work on a bear as it isn't big enough.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
honestly i think the rankings are a bit off because i feel like a croc would do me worse than a grizzly but i am a risk averse loser

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

What, no option for hippopotamus?

And I agree, elephant beats everything.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Meme Poker Party posted:

I want to meet that 2% who feels comfortable they could beat up an elephant but not a bear.

I assume they think it's like Dark Souls where the could run around the elephant's feet and smack it's legs until they win. Of course this strategy would not work on a bear as it isn't big enough.

but what about a dire bear

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Sid Vicious posted:

but what about a dire bear

No reason to judge Chicago's draft picks just yet

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
Would love to go toe to toe with an emperor penguin

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

I can take any mammal whose face is pictured here:

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

8% think they could take harambe are you loving kidding me

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Goose easily. Wild birds strut around with their necks all exposed. HAVEN'T YOU SEEN THE LIGHTHOUSE?!

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Are we talking about easily winning the fight, or killing the animal but still getting hosed up in the process?

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
How can you say in order, but only have it be a button poll. am i dumb

i mean yeah, but I went with Kangaroo. Maybe not that Buff Kanga that's passed around like eye candy. But a mama, or a joey, for sure.

and how can people be sure they'd take a monkey, but not a snake? Is this an arena setup? In nature?

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Ventral EggSac posted:

8% think they could take harambe are you loving kidding me

i'd pay to see a few guys go against a gorilla, unarmed.

(which they soon would be. .. haaaaah)

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

blight rhino posted:

Is this an arena setup? In nature?

This is a good question.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I feel like I could successfully fight a sloth and anything smaller than that

Also I could beat the gently caress out of a shark provided it had to come to MY house and not the other way around

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Play posted:

I feel like I could successfully fight a sloth and anything smaller than that

Also I could beat the gently caress out of a shark provided it had to come to MY house and not the other way around

You're both floating in space, in spacesuits

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

blight rhino posted:

How can you say in order, but only have it be a button poll. am i dumb

i mean yeah, but I went with Kangaroo. Maybe not that Buff Kanga that's passed around like eye candy. But a mama, or a joey, for sure.

and how can people be sure they'd take a monkey, but not a snake? Is this an arena setup? In nature?

You're over complicating this by a mile.

Look at each animal listed.
Could you win in a fight?
Next.

Not in order. Not at once. Not in a cage match. Just, as it says. "Can you win in a fight against X"

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
No human on earth could take a kangaroo, are you loving insane?

That said there isn't a bird alive I couldn't kill with one kick.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

You can pull the ol’ “hold his mouth closed and rub his belly until he falls asleep” on the croc and then drop a Macho Man elbow right on his stupid flat head.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Yes, I'm aware that ostriches exist, I'm also aware of their massive, easily snapped necks.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Big Beef City posted:

You're over complicating this by a mile.

Look at each animal listed.
Could you win in a fight?
Next.

Not in order. Not at once. Not in a cage match. Just, as it says. "Can you win in a fight against X"

I NEED THE DETAILS.

But, that's fair.

I'm still going kangaroo, since at least they're not ambush predators. Still confused about the snake/monkey folks.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Who What Now posted:

No human on earth could take a kangaroo, are you loving insane?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Toadvine posted:

A chimp also has hands on his feet so while you've possibly immobilized his arms he's still got ten finger-toes wrapped firmly around your vine and grapes

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Even though for millions of years we've proven ourselves the dominate species we still have that pay-per-view attitude of "could we take X species again mano-a-mano?" attitude about us. And I think that's beautiful in a Jerry Springer kind of way.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I put your mom in a figure four last night, OP.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Who What Now posted:

Yes, I'm aware that ostriches exist, I'm also aware of their massive, easily snapped necks.

Pffft, how about a casowary, a psycho chunkier ostrich sized bird that will eagerly disembowel you with its 5 inch dinosaur like claws?
Or an emu, a bird which won a war against Australia?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

No loving Goku option?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Poohs Packin posted:

I put your mom in a figure four last night, OP.

Nice sloppy seconds, I got the mandible claw in for hours

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Who What Now posted:

You must be trolling
Ostriches could hurt you with a kick and cassowaries have this like 6-in long scimitar talon on their foot and they're going to kick you and that's it you're done you have to get lucky to win.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I think I could only get maybe I could get four on that list.
Any person that thinks bare handed they could defeat a gorilla or a lion in a fight is literally the word I can't say anymore in GBS.

Fight me

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I tap out at large dog and even that would require a fair fight.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I assume we're not allowed to use weapons? On that list, I could probably take a large dog. They really only have their mouth as a real danger to you. Their claws aren't razor sharp like a cat's.

I base this on 8 years of play wrestling my 95 lbs lab/shep mix. I assume a wolf could just throw me off its back much easier.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Weka posted:

Pffft, how about a casowary, a psycho chunkier ostrich sized bird that will eagerly disembowel you with its 5 inch dinosaur like claws?
Or an emu, a bird which won a war against Australia?

This ^^^

Some conservationists in the UK protested the cull as "extermination of the rare emu". Heh.

Now, "According to the IUCN their conservation status is of 'least concern'. In Australia there are between 625,000 to 725,000 wild emus. Globally they have been farmed for their meat, leather and oil."

E: I went for Snake. Depends on the snake. Not sure about a Brown Snake. Can you pick up a stick or are you in a glass box with the animal?

Blow fucked around with this message at 00:33 on May 15, 2021

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Reckon I could take a squatch or two

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
how strong is the mouse?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I want to know the unarmed strategy against an elephant or lion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Mouse is just really really fast, and humans would just give up and surrender to it after gettin all tuckered out