Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpFEUZt4jzw

quote:

The newly-added map – The Tower of Oannes – ranks with the previous installment’s Hell Temple in difficulty!

La-Mulana 2 DLC is finally coming out. A dream come true for me

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1591620/LaMulana_2_The_Tower_of_Oannes/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

!!!!!!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Really cool. I also didn't realize that they've been consistently patching and tweaking the game over the last year, too, sounds like they've fixed a lot of buggy stuff and rebalanced some rough parts since launch

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the tower of onanism. dont waste your gaming seed on this indie pile and incite the wrath of the lord. pick up triple a hit returnal now on ps5 instead

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Whoa

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Hell yes. La Mulana ftw

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
Holy poo poo its actually happening

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
hoyl poo poo

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

yeah this was me for probably a hour after I saw the news

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Tower of Owns

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

the tower of onanism. dont waste your gaming seed on this indie pile and incite the wrath of the lord. pick up triple a hit returnal now on ps5 instead

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Noticed today that they added 5 steam achivements to LM2 for the dlc...its probably coming soon

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Between encountering some buggy stuff at release, and me being dumb, I got totally owned by this game when I first tried to play it. Looked up way too many solutions etc. and then quit shamefully (may have actually had a gamebreaking bug). Finally started a new playthrough and it's great, everything is flowing way better and I feel smart even though I'm probably just sorta remembering some of these puzzles in the back of my mind.

Anyway I wonder when this DLC comes out

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i came here to check if someone had already said tower of onanism. efb

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

holy poo poo, it's here?

edit: oh, not yet :(

Victory Position fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Oct 31, 2021

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

b_d posted:

i came here to check if someone had already said tower of onanism. efb

:cheersdoge:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Victory Position posted:

holy poo poo, it's here?

edit: oh, not yet :(

Restart Steam.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Restart Steam.

Don't troll.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Replayed the first one after going through 2 again... just lol at the puzzle where you have to wave the Woman Statue in the air like 30 times for it to catch a sperm in the Pyramid

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i think you just have to sit there for a minute or whatever.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
drat, I still have to finish the base game.

I perished and gave up in the underworld because I refused to look up a guide because I'm an idiot, apparently.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

A lot of the hardest puzzles in 2 are actually somewhat simple, but they just give you a lot of extraneous info or red herrings that make you go crazy and assume you're missing something.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
I do felt like I tended to overthink some puzzles, or stopped myself from progressing because I thought I needed enter an area prepared, thinking it was a point of no return. Also on release some puzzle hints were vague or missing, thinking of the Underworld specifically and the 3 trials

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Martman posted:

A lot of the hardest puzzles in 2 are actually somewhat simple, but they just give you a lot of extraneous info or red herrings that make you go crazy and assume you're missing something.

The one that got me most was the puzzle involving the Ancient Battery, since that's the one where you have to read the lore and read the maps to see exactly what you're trying to do.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/LaMulana/status/1466736192687591424

I wish this was coming to Switch too

This game is so good for handheld

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

what do you mean? it's on switch? is that tweet about a different game? halp

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

b_d posted:

what do you mean? it's on switch? is that tweet about a different game? halp

I thought the DLC wasn’t confirmed for Switch, just for PC

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

oh, that would suck. boo to that

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Can't wait. I'm sure they'll get it on switch eventually

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

lol

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I started playing La Mulana 1 and its fun. i killed a two headed snake and turned on hard mode by accident. but since i instantly died immediately after reading the tablet twice i dont think it actually activated,

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

I started playing La Mulana 1 and its fun. i killed a two headed snake and turned on hard mode by accident. but since i instantly died immediately after reading the tablet twice i dont think it actually activated,
:laugh:

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

La Mulana ftmfw

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

bump. cool-type psycho guy who made this and 1 has a new game on the eshop today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjldzZPsTGI

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Played through it, was pretty cool. Pretty short, but lots of ways to get through the game, the choices you make can really bite you in the rear end and feel significant gameplay wise, while sort of acting as a difficulty modifier. Real good! Would be fun to speed run, very replayable.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

https://twitter.com/playismEN/status/1485170861602574338?s=20

Its out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I bought it and im stoked to mouse over this game in steam and not play it :cool: