Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

WNBA superstar Candace Parker returns to Chicago, marking the first time a Chicago pro basketball team makes a big time free agent signing. Parker joins a loaded Sky team featuring Diamond DeShields, Allie Quigley, and Courtney Vandersloot to give the high-scoring Sky offense a defensive anchor and passing big that has fans thinking they won't collapse in the playoffs this time and squander another superstar season.

Post here about your team, news, whatever the vile and disgusting Bill Laimbeer, who has inexplicably not been banned from professional sports, is up to, insane Sabrina Ionescu gifs, etc. We'll see if we get enough traffic to split into GDTs and N/V but the Sky game starts in 10 minutes and I'm going to start Parkerposting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

oh come on I clearly selected a tag for this post, what the HELL????????

e: Thanks

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 18:09 on May 15, 2021

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
The Storm are gonna repeat if Bird and Stewart stay healthy all year, and I'm hyped as hell to see it.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
Owns

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the sky are insanely fun to watch

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

Defector did a WNBA 2021 preview if anyone wants to remember that Derek Fisher is now GM and coach of the Sparks

https://defector.com/well-well-well-if-it-isnt-the-2021-wnba-season-a-preview/

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

R.D. Mangles posted:

There's a lot of very fun ball movement. Is it always like this?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

WNBA rules

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Hand Knit posted:

There's a lot of very fun ball movement. Is it always like this?

to be honest, i haven't watched a ton of sky games, but i know their reputation was a super fun offensive team that did not play a lot of defense

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Pungry posted:

The Storm are gonna repeat if Bird and Stewart stay healthy all year, and I'm hyped as hell to see it.

sue bird is the coolest 500 year old i know, so i hope she stays healthy

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

if aja wilson is shooting 3s now though like the rumors say, theres no way anyone but the aces win.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

candace parker rules

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

congrats candace on the blowout

https://twitter.com/ecambage/status/1393619947255857152

LET'S GET IT, QUEEN!!!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Candace delivered

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/PabloTorre/status/1393640479250604038?s=20

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

oh no, sue is aching already

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Katana_Warrior posted:

if aja wilson is shooting 3s now though like the rumors say, theres no way anyone but the aces win.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

pure massacre

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/LVAces/status/1393647472916922374

imagine, a #1 pick who learns how to shoot 3s. that's what greatness looks like.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

stewie decided to just start ruining lives this quarter, smh

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
It appears the Aces have forgotten how to shoot

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Oh no Sue Bird's knee better not be injured again

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Pungry posted:

Oh no Sue Bird's knee better not be injured again

She's back!

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Hurray Sue Bird is okay. For now

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Aces are gonna look a lot better once Liz can run up and down the court again, but yeah, this game was over after seattle made like 13 straight field goals in the 2nd.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
I declare the campaign to repeat to be on

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

:emptyquote:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Katana_Warrior posted:

sue bird is the coolest 500 year old i know, so i hope she stays healthy

The mom of one of her teammates has Sue's exact birthday and it made her feel so old. lmao

e: someone already posted the twitter clip

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Chicago is gonna win the NBA championship

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's fun if you google wnba. that's all

Frog Father
Apr 9, 2020
The WNBA is fun as hell. I've watched both of the Liberty games thus far because I am a big fan of Sabrina Ionescu and Didi Richards from their college days. Both games have been fun so far though they are sloppy.

I guess I am a Mystics fan but their first game did not inspire a lot of confidence - although they should be significantly better once everyone is back and playing.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

degenerate dad posted:

I guess I am a Mystics fan but their first game did not inspire a lot of confidence - although they should be significantly better once everyone is back and playing.

not playing chicago will help a lot too

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I didn't get a chance to watch Sky vs. Sabrina battle, but are the Liberty legit? Parker didn't play though.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

I didn't get a chance to watch Sky vs. Sabrina battle, but are the Liberty legit? Parker didn't play though.

Parker's absence very noticeable these last two games, I hope she's back soon.

On the other hand Aari McDonald had a good game off the bench for Atlanta after a slow start in previous games. That was awesome to see

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

oh c'mon
https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1399919358990684162?s=20

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
Incredible.

I wish their season didn't start the same time as the first round of the NBA playoffs. :(

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

SICK

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Kibner posted:

Incredible.

I wish their season didn't start the same time as the first round of the NBA playoffs. :(

Yeah, it's rough watching any live WNBA games till the finals are over, but their league pass is like 15 dollars for every team. Great for replaying games during the day.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Love da Storm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R6Pm4HMgtY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Candace Parker is BACK.. from her ankle injury and the chicago game is on ESPN 2 tomorrow at 6 PST

WorldIndustries fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jun 15, 2021