Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
I just got an Asus TUF gaming laptop (FX516PR-211.TM15, if that helps). Yesterday I updated the drivers and did some Windows updates and everything was working perfectly. This morning there was a BIOS update from Asus and now I'm unable to make the selection to just have it played through my second monitor (it's actually an LG OLED TV). The system sees it, but it says that it's "inactive." The only way I can get it to work at all is by selecting the "duplicate" option, every other choice just reverts to only using the laptop screen.

Any ideas?

edit:
sort of figured it out, but now have HDR issues. Closing the thread since I didn't use the template.

Robobot fucked around with this message at 16:49 on May 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU