Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
when i was a kid, in my home country, they would always spend time separating out white stuff from colour clothes and towels and socks/undies

these days i noticed that when i do laundry they dont do that, just dump em into the machine altgoether and its fine

did water get more advanced over the years or why did they stop separating clothes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut

and now they eat the friggin pods!!

Khanstant
they dont even taste very good smh

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
it's neither. the microchips injected into you by bill gate's zombie vaccine are actually messing with your visual cortex to make you think your clothes have color. in reality your only clothes are amazon warehouse worker suits, same as the rest of us.

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

FutonForensic

not sure where ur from but desegregation happened a lot earlier than the 90s over here

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
I don't do enough laundry to justify separating anything.

Heather Papps

hello friend

magic cactus posted:

it's neither. the microchips injected into you by bill gate's zombie vaccine are actually messing with your visual cortex to make you think your clothes have color. in reality your only clothes are amazon warehouse worker suits, same as the rest of us.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

we weren’t as tolerant towards laundry as we are now. this is the age of inclusivity.

Platinum User Pot Smoke Phoenix!

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS

https://giant.gfycat.com/WellgroomedImperfectHaddock.webm the vanisher

xcheopis

Separating out colours from whites and also by fabric since the invention of having to wash multiple types of clothes.

With a gun for a lover and a shot for the pain inside

Cobalt-60

by Azathoth
Color-safe bleaches and detergents.

Sometimes, if I have enough for two loads, I separate them and run one on warm and one on cold. No idea what difference it makes.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

wimsy

i separete my dirty cloghtes before i set them on fire

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Never trust a brand new red shirt with other clothes

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Never trust a brand new red shirt with other clothes

neo-mccarthyim at its worst

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Khanstant

Cobalt-60 posted:

Color-safe bleaches and detergents.

Sometimes, if I have enough for two loads, I separate them and run one on warm and one on cold. No idea what difference it makes.

in my imagination the hot water makes everything shrink which is a good excuse for if your clothes get too small blame it on your roommate leaving the setting on hot why else would clothes that once fit not fit anymore

take the moon

by sebmojo
yea now technology is sufficiently advanced in clothes no one does laundry

in all probability

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Evil Bob

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.
am i experiencing munchausen by proxy by being told i can't wash the lights with the darks in the year 2021

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Evil Bob posted:

am i experiencing munchausen by proxy by being told i can't wash the lights with the darks in the year 2021

Munchausen?

Evil Bob

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.
hardly knusen

xcheopis

take the moon posted:

yea now technology is sufficiently advanced in clothes no one does laundry

in all probability

I wish. So very, very much. I mean, it's better than cleaning windows and dusting but I still don't like it.
My opinion is influenced by always having to use laundromats, though.

Prof. Crocodile

Be careful OP. I spent years washing lights and darks together, then one day a couple of weeks ago all my white shirts came out pink. There wasn't even anything red in the laundry, so I think probably I angered the laundry gods, and now I have to make an offering of lint.

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Be careful OP. I spent years washing lights and darks together, then one day a couple of weeks ago all my white shirts came out pink. There wasn't even anything red in the laundry, so I think probably I angered the laundry gods, and now I have to make an offering of lint.

What are you giving up for lint?

xcheopis

Zil posted:

What are you giving up for lint?

Socks

pseudorandom

I separate my whites so I can bleach them.

Am I stuck in a timewarp? Why isn't this as awesome as the rest of the 90s?

:ohdear:

Khad

third time's the HRAAAAAAAAAAAAALF
the laundry bill of 1998 was passed

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

pseudorandom posted:

I separate my whites so I can bleach them.

Am I stuck in a timewarp? Why isn't this as awesome as the rest of the 90s?

:ohdear:

Color safe bleach exists but I don't trust it

Finger Prince

I wash my whites when I amass enough of them because the like 6 white shirts I own that I don't want to turn grey or off-pink aren't enough for their own load. So eventually they get washed with some t-shirts and pillow cases and maybe a sheet.

Armitag3

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Anyone here with a PhD can read those clothes tag symbols?

Finger Prince

Future archaeologists will be utterly baffled buy the washing instruction hieroglyphs until an item of clothing is unearthed that has both the symbols and written instructions in multiple languages, and it'll be like the Rosetta stone.

xcheopis

Armitag3 posted:

It's annoying because I already need reading glasses and they aren't strong enough to accurately detect those symbols are.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Armitag3 posted:

Yes, please post your laundry hieroglyphs and I would be happy to translate.

Vei
big ups to WOOLITE DARK™ and DRYING RACK™

deep dish peat moss

Not many years before that we used to have dog turds that turned white in the sun. What's going on? This is all starting to add up

Finger Prince

deep dish peat moss posted:

Not many years before that we used to have dog turds that turned white in the sun. What's going on? This is all starting to add up

Man I haven't seen a sun-bleached turd in ages.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Luke Skywalker mixing lights and darks in the same wash while Yoda shakes his head and frowns

Armitag3

Mormon Nailer posted:

Yes, please post your laundry hieroglyphs and I would be happy to translate.

Ok I transcribed some. Please help me, I don't know how to wash my sequin blazer.

Prof. Crocodile

Armitag3 posted:

Ok I transcribed some. Please help me, I don't know how to wash my sequin blazer.

what I’m not allowed to dunk my junk in root beer anymore!!??

Armitag3

Prof. Crocodile posted:

what I’m not allowed to dunk my junk in root beer anymore!!??

Not if you're wearing at least 50% polyester.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

i can see why you would be at a loss

Nosfereefer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitag3