Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
It was a pleasure to burn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
I saw death rising from the earth, from the ground itself, in one blue field, in stubbled color.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

They could continue wandering through the endless darkness, an absence of everything they loved an endless void of disappointment and loneliness...

...or they could look down, and embrace what they always had and loved.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Mister Worf... Fire

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I know how the loving thing works!

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

"What does it do?"

"That's the beauty of it, it doesn't DO anything!"

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

"Planet P is clean"

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
We really all were very happy for a while, sitting around not toiling but just bullshitting and playing, but it was for such a terrible brief time, and then the punishment was beyond belief: even when we could see it, we could not believe it.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Rose knew he was finished, but something screamed at him to keep moving. He checked the scanner and saw that Rianna was still too far away for a shot.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 16:46 on May 21, 2021

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
you are just relentlessly on brand ptn

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Rose licked his suddenly dry lips. "Tell you what I'm going to do, Denard. I'm going to call you out."

"A batchall? You are joking."

Rose checked the scanner. "At a time like this? I don't think so."

"The terms?"

Rose knew it had to be something Denard would accept, and accept with confidence. "Man to man. No BattleMechs, no Elemental armor, no nothing. Just you and me."

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
There is evil! It's actual, like cement.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Judge me by my size, do you?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
You are getting smaller. I... I don't profess to understand it Mr. Carey. There is no medical precedent for what's happening to you. I simply know that you're getting smaller. The X-rays prove it beyound any doubt.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I was continuing to shrink, to become... what? The infinitesimal? What was I? Still a human being? Or was I the man of the future? If there were other bursts of radiation, other clouds drifting across seas and continents, would other beings follow me into this vast new world? So close - the infinitesimal and the infinite. But suddenly, I knew they were really the two ends of the same concept. The unbelievably small and the unbelievably vast eventually meet - like the closing of a gigantic circle. I looked up, as if somehow I would grasp the heavens. The universe, worlds beyond number, God's silver tapestry spread across the night. And in that moment, I knew the answer to the riddle of the infinite. I had thought in terms of man's own limited dimension. I had presumed upon nature. That existence begins and ends is man's conception, not nature's. And I felt my body dwindling, melting, becoming nothing. My fears melted away. And in their place came acceptance. All this vast majesty of creation, it had to mean something. And then I meant something, too. Yes, smaller than the smallest, I meant something, too. To God, there is no zero. I still exist!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It was a terrible, indescribable thing vaster than any subway train—a shapeless congeries of protoplasmic bubbles, faintly self-luminous, and with myriads of temporary eyes forming and unforming as pustules of greenish light all over the tunnel-filling front that bore down upon us, crushing the frantic penguins and slithering over the glistening floor that it and its kind had swept so evilly free of all litter.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

HAPPINESS FOR EVERYBODY, FREE, AND NO ONE WILL GO AWAY UNSATISFIED!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

gently caress! Even in the future nothing works!

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Oh, your sense of duty is overwhelming. Now, will you please go back where you came from and tell whoever issues your orders to leave me and my wife alone?!

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

No. "Fascinating" is a word I use for the unexpected. In this case, I should think "interesting" would suffice.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
For each person there is a sentence - a series of words - which has the power to destroy him.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Eternity lies ahead of us, and behind.
Have you drunk your fill?

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Against such abominations, we organize our defenses on the principle that one strong and able mind can shield the many.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

I'm a doctor not a miracle worker.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siCnBQb7NeM

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The sleeper has awakened!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

We're whalers on the moon. We carry a harpoon.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
There is no route out of the maze. The maze shifts as you move through it, because it is alive.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oh I know what the ladies like.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Don't Panic

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
Narrower than the razor's edge, sharper than a hound's tooth, more agile than a mule deer. It is more elusive than the merest phantom. Perhaps it does not even exist; perhaps it is a phantom.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
The Beast, Rabban

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Commence docking.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
Nothing is going on and nobody knows what it is. Nobody is concealing anything except the fact that he does not understand anything anymore and wishes he could go home.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
You dare refuse my batchall?!

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
A ghola?!

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021
Negative, I am a meat popsicle.