Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Katie McKinnon plays an old white dude. Most agree the portrayal is more accurate than funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Colin Jost forces a wry smile after telling a bad joke. The audience is audibly upset.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
alright now do Gutfeld!

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Michael Che tells a bad joke and basically apologizes to the audience afterwards.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Pontificating rear end posted:

Michael Che tells a bad joke and basically apologizes to the audience afterwards.

did he giggle

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
An out-of-touch biollionaire is forcibly shoe-horned into a meandering sketch which quickly overstays its welcome. Also that guy is there-- that guy on right, see him there? He's always there, who is that guy?

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

So this is what happens between all those commercials!

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

An out-of-touch biollionaire is forcibly shoe-horned into a meandering sketch which quickly overstays its welcome. Also that guy is there-- that guy on right, see him there? He's always there, who is that guy?

This was last week op get your poo poo together

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

sure okay posted:

This was last week op get your poo poo together

ya but i posted that last week

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
SNL stand for lovely, No Laughs

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
bring back mad tv but its just will sasso sketches

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Oh Don Piano posted:

Get me on the phone with TBS and order 12 episodes of SassoTV immediately

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/norm-macdonald-monologue/n11255

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

literally plays a voice saying "this content is currently unavailable" lmaoooo nice online presence NBC

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

stupid bitch

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Someone who ostensibly left the show 5 years ago makes a surprise appearance and the audience goes wild even though they've been on the show like 5 times that season and it really just means their career isn't going that well.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Oh Don Piano posted:

Get me on the phone with TBS and order 12 episodes of SassoTV immediately

And get started on a spin-off of him just doing Kenny Rogers' Jackass!

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Someone under the age of 50 watches.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Having to write an hours worth of sketches a week is hard so the writers just do a 5 minute long impressions bit that gives the actors a chance to show off the impressions they do in their stand-up routine.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

literally plays a voice saying "this content is currently unavailable" lmaoooo nice online presence NBC

this voice reminds me of 90s sci-fi video game voice lines from a computer system

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Two years after no one remembers this thread a movie based on it suddenly comes out and it isn't very good.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

SNL hasn't been good since The Simpsons was good, even with Will Ferrell sometimes wondering why the gently caress no one else is trying

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
SNL was never good. You may remember a few good sketches or have fond memories attached to it but on a whole it's been horrible garbage since the loving 70s.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Someone who grew up with Colin Jost turns on the TV and says "Wait, he's doing comedy?"

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

Funky See Funky Do posted:

SNL was never good. You may remember a few good sketches or have fond memories attached to it but on a whole it's been horrible garbage since the loving 70s.

You knew something was up when they had that initial post-pandemic lockdown special last year where the cast performed from their homes via webcams with no access to costumes, makeup, or sets and just had to rely on the writing and their performances...and I just tried to find the clip of RBG's Workout Corner to paste into this post but YouTube doesn't have it and I'm in Canada with no VPN so I can't access videos on Hulu or NBC... but yeah, 'twas rather unfunny.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Yeah it's crazy how horrible garbage that everyone for what, 3-4 generations can quote lines from and "may remember good sketches and have fond memories of" lasted 50 years it's nuts how hasn't anyone noticed this

It's as if it's been this way for 50 years now and people still keep quoting it remembering good sketches and having fond memories! drat THEM

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Oh Don Piano posted:

I would watch this poo poo out of this if it was a regular series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaS4dzFdAbc&t=47s

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Big Beef City posted:

Yeah it's crazy how horrible garbage that everyone for what, 3-4 generations can quote lines from and "may remember good sketches and have fond memories of" lasted 50 years it's nuts how hasn't anyone noticed this

It's as if it's been this way for 50 years now and people still keep quoting it remembering good sketches and having fond memories! drat THEM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDiNvEkBZ6E

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Pete uses drugs, haha

Oh, he’s got real problems… oh man, this is serious… dude, that guy needs help, why is he on TV

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

I saw some clips of the Bill Burr episode and he just stomps all over the rest of the cast

I was like “oooohhhh, this is what funny people are like, I always forget”

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Lorne Michaels is a Republican. :godwin:

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

The only people who seem to like SNL anymore are dipshit non-Americans who idolise American culture

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Chrs posted:

The only people who seem to like SNL anymore are dipshit non-Americans who idolise American culture

To be fair this past year was atrocious for all entertainment and I give them credit for trying to be funny during The Year Of Anxiety

Between the distancing and masks and all that, it was rough, I doubt anyone produced their best work

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'll admit I don't think I've watched more than 5 episodes in like the last 15'ish years maybe so yea

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
I hope Colin Jost gets hepatitis from sucking Pete Davidson’s rear end in a top hat.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Kristen wiig: Stewart, please don’t touch my case-o-deeya. It’s super hot.

Bill hader: (tears streaming down face from laughter) it’s hot

(Audience cheers wildly)

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
In this week's episode, the political opener will make reference to the events of the week that absolutely no one will remember by next year. Hey remember Scott Brown? No?

Michael Dukakis ran for president and I could only find one sketch about him from 1988.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Fred Armisen is sent out 4 different times to play characters of wildly different nationalities

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Mad TV was basically SNL for an even dumber audience wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

je1 healthcare posted:

In this week's episode, the political opener will make reference to the events of the week that absolutely no one will remember by next year. Hey remember Scott Brown? No?

Is...is your argument that a weekly topical sketch comedy program not supposed to be making light of the events topical to that week, or...what...?