Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

Koobes posted:

:toxx:

This is Lenna, Princess of Tycoon. She loves animals, and is one of our 4 party members. She also likes to get poisoned for reasons unknown to even us.

for every boss beaten while Lenna is poisoned, I'll donate $0.10, up to a max of $100. How she gets poisoned is up to you.

I wasn't really aiming for this but it already happened against Siren lol.

If it happens any more times, I'll put them all into one big image dump at the end of the run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

geo/dancer/ninja/knight. I don't think there's any setup to be aware of as I run with that team.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Sending my register tweet thing but I don't seem to be showing up or getting a reply. I don't use twitter for anything but the fiesta, is there some nobrainer thing I'm overlooking here

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Blue Mage start for my first Fiesta ever :woop:

You can pick up both goblin punch and vampire before doing the canal.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Ramc posted:

Sending my register tweet thing but I don't seem to be showing up or getting a reply. I don't use twitter for anything but the fiesta, is there some nobrainer thing I'm overlooking here

There was an issue last year where Gilgabot wouldn't acknowledge a lot of players' tweets; it could still be a thing now. Adding him as a friend fixes the issue, but you might have to contact RK to make sure he accepts.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
I got...Samurai / Berserker / Chemist / Monk. The Monk is going bye-bye since I have 5th job though (going to wait and unlock that at the proper time).

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

God Thief is so hard to beat early bosses with...

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

5-Headed Snake God posted:

There was an issue last year where Gilgabot wouldn't acknowledge a lot of players' tweets; it could still be a thing now. Adding him as a friend fixes the issue, but you might have to contact RK to make sure he accepts.

will send a tweet to RK for ~support~ then

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
My first run is White Mage, Knight, Zerk, Dragoon.

Pain.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Zerk / Zerk / Monk / Knight

I seek the release of death.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Koobes posted:

This is Lenna, Princess of Tycoon. She loves animals, and is one of our 4 party members. She also likes to get poisoned for reasons unknown to even us.

for every boss beaten while Lenna is poisoned, I'll donate $0.10, up to a max of $100. How she gets poisoned is up to you.

sadly siren refused to poison Lenna and had Galuf and Galuf alone on her poo poo list.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

drat, guess I lucked out.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

I like to use my first job as soon as possible on the pure chaos runs, because it's usually horribly overpowering for the later jobs at the very early levels. However, I'm not going to start arbitrarily following the rules just because the benefit me

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Mustached Demon posted:

In light of the FF: Origins trailer, I'll donate $1, up to $25, for every Buttz named CHAOS. Quote this post with a screenshot of CHAOS.

Ironically I'm doing a normal run, does that still count?

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jun 14, 2021

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Mustached Demon posted:

In light of the FF: Origins trailer, I'll donate $1, up to $25, for every Buttz named CHAOS. Quote this post with a screenshot of CHAOS.

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntQ-utIdWWE

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Mustached Demon posted:

Trailer:

I'M HERE TO KILL CHAOS

subujun
Mar 31, 2010
Off to a good start so far

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Dragoon start on the Waddler Rebalance is almost absurd.

Knocked out Siren without her turning undead, knocked out Magissa without her husband showing up. Just plowing through random encounters.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Mustached Demon posted:

Trailer:

Answering the call.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

I'm looking forward to being finished with my first group of GEO/RED/RAN/THF. At least the grinding will be convenient.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

subujun posted:

Off to a good start so far

Your fire job is in my thoughts and prayers.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Mustached Demon posted:

Trailer:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

Mustached Demon posted:

Trailer:
Bad photo of a gba but let’s go

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Ended for the night after looking Atomos. Rolled Knight/Zerky/Bard/Beastmaster so it's been pretty smooth sailing so far. I have no one to use the Chicken Knife and Romeo's Ballad works on a lot of random encounters so I might as well keep it rolling. Free Triple Crown to start is always good.

subujun
Mar 31, 2010
This was not how I wanted to mourn Miura.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

So far, the money-less run with a Summoner is more of a minor inconvenience than anything too challenging. You can get all of the daggers you need from punching skeletons, all of the fire rods you need from stabbing Ricard mages, and once you get Shiva you can mow down anything in your path. It even looks like I can get Gaia Gears in the Barrier tower. I can even hypothetically use the Thief Knife to steal Air Knives, if I want to go through the trouble.

My other classes so far are Berserker and Geomancer, so neither of them actually need me to buy anything, either.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Koobes posted:

Okay, I lied, I don't hate myself enough to do it with every boss without some reliable way to self-poison (or at least an easier way to kill bosses), and I burnt out on trying.

But before I reached that point...

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

subujun posted:

This was not how I wanted to mourn Miura.

:stare: Now see, this... This is why I've never had the nerve for berserker risk.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

5-Headed Snake God posted:

:stare: Now see, this... This is why I've never had the nerve for berserker risk.

They went with Chaos too so one or two of those are what they would have rolled anyway.

subujun
Mar 31, 2010
AAAAAAHHHHHHH

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Got Thief for my wind crystal job, hope this isn't too painful!

edit: Oh god how long is it going to be before I can buy a weapon that Thieves can use

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jun 14, 2021

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

No spending run update:

Good news: got thief for my water job
??? news: now featuring the emergent gameplay strat of "backtracking to Walse to steal mythril swords for the knights I just unlocked at fire"

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

subujun posted:

AAAAAAHHHHHHH

You did it, friend. You managed the golden sombrero of fiesta runs.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

subujun posted:

AAAAAAHHHHHHH

Blessed.

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

And here i was disappointed i only got one berserker this year.

Ranger/Zerker/Chemist/Beastmaster

Don't think i wanna deal grinding for a triple crown. Maybe next run.

Complete_Cynic
Jan 18, 2013

I've got White/Ber/Geo/Sam - kinda feel like just going Matrix for this run since I've got both the classes that work better in it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I like big Bartz and I cannot lie.

Edit: Toxxes! This year I will probably just be doing the T-Rex toxx.

I will donate $5 for every kill of T-Rex in world two that DOES NOT use a Phoenix Down or similar item. Anything goes except something that would kill an undead outright. You can post a video, a screenshot, a tiktok, hell you don't have to do anything but post that you did it.

Limit will be $75.

That was loving terrifying. Ended up just desperately hurling Hi-Potions at it. Still counts! :toot:

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I will donate $5 for every kill of T-Rex in world two that DOES NOT use a Phoenix Down or similar item. Anything goes except something that would kill an undead outright. You can post a video, a screenshot, a tiktok, hell you don't have to do anything but post that you did it.

Limit will be $75.

I just hurled !Black powered fire scrolls at it because that was cheaper

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Limit will be $75.

Had to kill my zerker mid-fight after remembering about the critical counters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Got Thief for my wind crystal job, hope this isn't too painful!

edit: Oh god how long is it going to be before I can buy a weapon that Thieves can use

The second town, Carwen, but they also drop from the Skeletons in the Ship Graveyard

Also you can steal Mythril Knives from the Y-Burns in the Walse Tower