Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

geo/dancer/ninja/knight. I don't think there's any setup to be aware of as I run with that team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Mustached Demon posted:

:toxx:
In light of the FF: Origins trailer, I'll donate $1, up to $25, for every Buttz named CHAOS. Quote this post with a screenshot of CHAOS.

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntQ-utIdWWE

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Blue Labrador posted:

and the custom Exdeath sprites/Sound Restoration seem to clash

How so? Quality issues, or am I going to crash at the end of the game?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Nemo2342 posted:

Honestly, it's not too bad. While being stuck as a Freelancer for a while isn't exciting, it's not that bad since they can use any equipment (which means breaking rods is on the table).

Where it gets bad is when you get stuck with something like Berserker until the Earth crystal. I'm currently looking at needing to grind up a pile more levels so I can 'zerk my way past Sandworm.

Remember to head back to Lenna's castle after the water crystal for some nice freelancer-only (at the time) gear,

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Doom Goon posted:

Here's some more stuff I gleaned from the Discord, apologies if this is well known already:
  • Speed is messed up somehow, characters that should be going first aren't.
  • Beastmaster is messed up, !Releasing wrong monsters.
  • Self-Destruct can miss (was A before). Uh oh, not a good sign for Blue Mage already.
  • Text changes. Map available from start, know that the map item gives you a Sight-like map with points marked but not sure if different.
  • Rod breaking is... buffed :confused: Apparently it keeps track of the ones in your bag and breaks those instead so you get the rod equip elemental bonus.
  • Liquid Flame changes form and has... full MP each time :wtc:
  • Report that Sap is slower and there's inconstancy with animations which might be an issue (Blue is slower, whip doesn't show paralyze, stuff like that).
  • Report that fleeing only works with a full ATB bar. Also there is code for walking on the map to change the preemptive rate but apparently that was also in FFIV Pixel and nobody knows if it's used.
  • Berserker attacks random and not front-row like mobile. Will have to see what else they have (ATB penalty, dummy targets are the big ones between mobile and regular).

Berserkers seem to be going slower, but that may be compared to my monks. Is it Agility based?

And yeah, I just discovered the MP refill. Not sure how I'll do this with Monk/Zerker, even putting in Freelancer (because technically Monk is my Earth job) without rods

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I'm coming up on Sandworm. The test for dummy targets is to give my berserker a non-axe and see if they miss?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Ran Sandworm 3 times, berserkers never seemed to miss, so I think dummy targets are out.

Edit: to clarify, they'd attack the wrong holes, but they never missed when targeting Sandworm.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Nov 11, 2021

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

KataraniSword posted:

I don't know about 'sound like', but it ultimately is the same discomfort from seeing mismatched assets parading around as if they all fit together that leads to those complaints. It doesn't bother everyone - or even most casual onlookers - but once you 'see' it you can't really unsee it, and it just makes your stomach drop out every time.

All the effort put into water effects running up against the land/ships using the original texture does that to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Doom Goon posted:

Huh, somebody said Monk's !Focus might ignore Protect now.

I know I was doing a lot of damage against Biblyos with it compared to normal attacks, but I couldn't recall if defense was additive or multiplicative compared to attack, before.