Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!
Dragoon is a mediocre class in a game where 75% of the classes are good or better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007

Shyfted One posted:

The FJF site could really use a communal pledge (toxx) page to encourage people to play more and likely raise a lot more money.

They do have one http://fourjobfiesta.com/pledges.php, though it looks like most of the current pledges this year are personal ones.

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007

Mustached Demon posted:

:toxx:
In light of the FF: Origins trailer, I'll donate $1, up to $25, for every Buttz named CHAOS. Quote this post with a screenshot of CHAOS.

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntQ-utIdWWE

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
Time can use Mythril Daggers, and you can get some mileage out of Gravity as well, but anything difficult you're going want to break some rods.

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
First run complete (Black Mage, Berserker, Mystic Knight, Freelancer), and Lenna was quite sickly throughout the whole thing.

Koobes posted:

This is Lenna, Princess of Tycoon. She loves animals, and is one of our 4 party members. She also likes to get poisoned for reasons unknown to even us.

for every boss beaten while Lenna is poisoned, I'll donate $0.10, up to a max of $100. How she gets poisoned is up to you.

Some of these screenshots aren't the best, and not sure if you're counting mini-bosses or summons, but here we go: https://imgur.com/a/UV27caQ
Featuring: Magissa, Liquid Flame, Iron Claw (sorta, the soldier died before he spawned), Ifrit, Byblos, Shiva, Ramuh, Sandworm, Crayclaw, Adamantoise, Soul Cannon, Archeoaevis, Purobolas, Titan, Manticore, Gilgamesh (big bridge), T-Rex, Abductor, Dragon Pod, Gilgamesh (boat), Atomos, Catoblepas, Seal Guardians, Carbuncle, Gilgamesh (meatfort), Exdeath, Odin, Bahamut, Pantera (Rising Sun chest in Island Shrine), Wendigo, Minotaur, the three pigs (Great Sea Trench boss), Leviathan, Calofisteri, Apanda, Azulmagia, Catastrophe, Halicarnassus, Twintania, Necrophobe, Tree Death, and NED.

Arrrthritis posted:

For NED, I'll be donating $2 for every downed party member when Neo Ex-Death is defeated. (i.e. if Butz is the only party member standing when NED is defeated, I'll donate $6. Or if you have two members standing I'll donate $4, or $2 if you have three party members standing).
Toxx cap: $100

I miscounted damage at the end and Wizard Bones got a Vacuum Wave + Comet combo off, but fortunately they only wanted to kill CHAOS and Lenna was able to finish the job.

DalaranJ posted:

Last year, I asked you to commit The Perfect Crime. This year, I need you to Attack and Dethrone God(s).
In any run that does not at any time use the Summoner class, collect all the spells in the Summon menu.
Please show, a screenshot of your party's classes, and one of the filled summon menu.
https://twitter.com/SAMarioMaker/status/1402391976125796354

nrook posted:

Legendary Weapon Charity Sale!

In order to raise money for charity, let's all sell the legendary weapons! I'll be donating $0.10 for each of the 12 legendary weapons sold.

I'm sure Omniscient will be glad for the extra company.

Only sold 6 since Freelancer could make use of a few of them.

T-Rex also died to liberal use of Fira but I think I'm late on that one.

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007

Grevlek posted:

Is there any benefit to dual-wielding rods for an elemental caster?

If you dual-wield the same rod, you can break one and still get the 50% elemental boost on it.

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007

StrangeAeon posted:

yes

YES

:toxx: We Choose Violence
I pledge $1 for every FULL POWER BRAVE BLADE posted to the thread. Limit of $100

I couldn't equip it with my team (Samurai/Ninja/Thief/Mystic Knight) so I made him a Freelancer to show off the power.

Hellioning posted:

gently caress the chicken knife.

But also gently caress the brave blade.

10 dollars for each person (up to 5) who gets a max power brave blade (or zero power chicken knife I suppose) and then !Throws it at either the gargoyles in front of the Pyramid or Melusine.

A !Throw was attempted, but ultimately it had to be sold for cash.

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007

Aerdan posted:

https://twitter.com/aerdan/status/1402644546073288705

Adding a :toxx: for Exdeath's NED replacer feature. The floor's still open for submissions for that, by the way.

2nd run complete, and the four elemental fiends have been slain. Samurai, Ninja, Thief, and Mystic Knight is a hell of a team.

Rosalie_A posted:

Alright thread. It's time to talk about overpowered abilities. You know the ones. They can make or break a run. You get three Thieves and despair and then roll a Samurai and go "lol guess I'm throwing money at everything".

But what if you didn't? There's jobs that have so much to offer that have stuff that never gets appreciated. Maybe it's time to take a new look at some of them, and cast your mind back to when you were young and didn't know about the internet letting you know what was really good or not.

Thus, here's my :toxx:: $1, up to $20, for any instance of the following, with a comment (your choice as to the length) on how you thought it changed the game:

-Samurai without using !Zeninage.
-Chemist without using !Mix.
-Ranger without using !Rapid Fire (the menu command. Hayate Bow is fine).
-Red Mage without using !Dualcast.
-A write-in of your choice where a defining or powerful ability for the job is left unused. I just mention those four above because you're not defaulting to a bad Freelancer if you hold back. I'll accept any good faith effort on this, in case you want to do a Bard without !Sing or something for whatever reason.

These do add up, if you wanted to do multiple in one run, but if you don't want to give up !Dualcast on your one Red Mage in a sea of money-hoarding Samurai I won't judge (but those three Samurai would each count).

Anyway, the intent here is to just appreciate other abilities on offer, with a slight incentive to do so. Having done all of those myself, I think you'll be surprised as what you find when you take the power off the table (hint: Chemist? Still busted).

Went through without touching Zeninage at all. With this loadout it wasn't really necessary, and most of the times I was in a situation where I needed to clear out all the enemies asap, Iainuki or throwing scrolls were sufficient (which was good since I was doing the throw the Brave Blade toxx and didn't run from any encounter despite having access to both !Smoke and !Flee). For the most part, Mystic Knight and Samurai had Dual-Wield the entire time, Ninja swapped between Iainuki for random encounters, Spellblade when weaknesses could be exploited (and end game once Flare was obtained), and Shirahadori when there was nothing better to use, and Thief also swapped between Iainuki for random encounters and Shirahadori mostly for the extra evasion as she served primarily as an item bot (though she did have Spellblade once in awhile for Break shenanigans). I also remember throwing Image on a couple of them for a boss at one point but I don't remember which anymore.

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007

Gray Stormy posted:

Without that Im pretty much boned then? Time to backtrack!

You could try timing Jump so that people are in the air when Earthshaker comes out.

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
3rd run in the books: Pure Chaos Upgrade: Ranger/Beastmaster/Dragoon/Summoner

I've never done an upgrade run before mainly because I would feel compelled to max out each job just in case before upgrading. Having 8x AP on though made that a lot quicker to pull off though so I gave it a shot. Getting Animals and Rapid Fire early on made most of World 1 a breeze, and Catch allowed for shenanigans on the bosses that wouldn't fall over easily to Rapid Fire. I was prepared for a no750 Rapid Fire beat down kind of team, and then all that went out the window when I topped things off with Summoner. Lance actually did a bit of work running off Summoner's magic power at the tail end of World 1 and the start of World 2, though once Gaia Gears showed up it couldn't keep up damage-wise. It was still a nice way to top off HP/MP in a pinch though and I left it on for most of the rest of the game since boosted Titan and later boosted Syldra did most of the work anyway, switching out for Catch if I really needed it and Calm for Omega (I think I used Control a bit too but I don't remember exactly anymore).

Aerdan posted:

https://twitter.com/aerdan/status/1402644546073288705

Adding a :toxx: for Exdeath's NED replacer feature. The floor's still open for submissions for that, by the way.

Shyfted One posted:

:toxx: $1 for each unique (not default or even Cactuar since that's become common) NED sprite submitted for victory. This is per each replacement option per person. So I'll only accept 1 Neo X Death, Yiazmat, etc victory shot per person. I want to see a variety! Max of $75?

Not sure if anyone's done a Doomtrain yet for these Toxxes but here you go!

I forgot to take a screen shot of selling the Brave Blade (was probably 0 power at the time) and I didn't even bother entering the sealed castle at all for weapons, but I did sell this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007

Bruceski posted:

I know I was doing a lot of damage against Biblyos with it compared to normal attacks, but I couldn't recall if defense was additive or multiplicative compared to attack, before.

I've noticed that Two-Handed from Knight now doubles attack rather than doubling the multiplier, could be the same thing happening with Focus. The general damage formula boils down to (Attack - Defense) * M, so doubling attack means the defense is unchanged while doubling the multiplier also doubles the defense component.