Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Going Pure Chaos/5th Job/BERSERKER RISK this year, just to be a little different than my normal Pure Chaos runs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

ReWinter posted:

After successfully fiesta-ing for the first time last year with a very easy team, I'd like to try some pure chaos shenanigans. Do people normally use the fiesta patch or just freelancer until whatever their first job is? And do you still add one job to your team per crystal or if you get ie BLM and WHM do you bring them both in at wind?

Personally I play without the fiesta patch, and I only add one job per crystal. If I ever do the Advanced jobs again I'd do the fiesta patch though, because it's really annoying waiting for those to show up (mime is bad enough).

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Jose Valasquez posted:

Turning it on and off is manually controlled, he's not sitting there sending people their jobs 24/7

Lies. I am 100% sure that Gilgamesh (and sometimes his friend Enkidu) are manually sending out every job assignment.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Shyfted One posted:

Has anything changed with GBA emulators over the last couple years? I always used VBA, but now there's mGBA too. Any real reason to use 1 over the other?

Try giving the Emulator Wiki a look.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
It's 5am, I wonder if I have enough caffeine to make it through The Run.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
I got...Samurai / Berserker / Chemist / Monk. The Monk is going bye-bye since I have 5th job though (going to wait and unlock that at the proper time).

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Thanks! Interesting, I kind of want to try that but the easiest way to play for me is on (I assume unmoddable) iOS

Honestly, it's not too bad. While being stuck as a Freelancer for a while isn't exciting, it's not that bad since they can use any equipment (which means breaking rods is on the table).

Where it gets bad is when you get stuck with something like Berserker until the Earth crystal. I'm currently looking at needing to grind up a pile more levels so I can 'zerk my way past Sandworm.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

ultrafilter posted:

Every job can get through Sol Cannon if you grind enough.

My level 40 berserk team had no problems (I just wish I hadn’t had to grind so much to get past sandworm).

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Incoherence posted:

Speaking of beginners and/or idiots, I've never played this game before and also don't have any actual physical damage so this felt like a good idea at the time

It’s definitely been entertaining watching you run into things for the first time!

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Incoherence posted:

Blind playthrough complete. The gimmick Void bosses gave me more trouble than NED himself, although he did get me once with Grand Cross.

Nice job; it was a pleasure whenever I got to catch your streams. I should also note though that the random encounters in the Void also gave you more trouble than NED.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Well I put this down for quite a while, but finally had time tonight to unlock my exciting new Fifth job. So I went from Samurai / Berserker / Chemist / Monk to... Samurai / Berserker / Chemist / Berserker :eng99:

I kind of want to job fair this, just because 2 Berserkers isn't really that interesting seeing as how I had to grind my way past Sandworm and Soul Cannon with 4 Berserkers already on this run, but I'm not sure what to take. Any suggestions?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

oldskool posted:

Black Mage or Mystic Knight would be solid choices to give you elemental coverages. Summoner as well, just with different field trips to pick up summons vs. spells (I am assuming you skipped these since, well, they were worthless to your team at the time)

That said, you have a Chemist, so you've already won no matter what you pick.

Thanks for the suggestions! I know I’ve already won with Chenistry backing up my Samurai, I just wanted something a little more interesting than 2 characters completely on auto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Grevlek posted:

Yeah, I liked it is a kid, I enjoyed running thru it very quickly in my emulation teen years, and the soundtrack still shreds?

It's not a deep RPG by any stretch, but it looks good, sounds good, and the story has a few decent (if dumb) moments. There are definitely worse ways to kill an afternoon.