Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

hopeandjoy posted:

Is it ok to send your victory tweet with a modded NED in it or should you do a vanilla run for your first “real” victory?

Cactuar NED is sent in a lot. These new mods I'm not so sure about but you can send in a picture of the cutscene after NED and he'll allow it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon

girl dick energy posted:

I just got killed by a Ghidra in the ten steps between Archie and the next cutscene. :cripes: In honor of this, and to do something productive with the experience...

:toxx: $1 every time someone wipes after a difficult boss but before they can save. Yes, the Void counts. Limit one per player. Max of $10.

Use your best judgment and the honor system for what counts as "difficult".

Well as annoying as this wipe was thank you for making it worth something. Died on the bridge after Gilgamesh

Edit:

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I like big Bartz and I cannot lie.

Edit: Toxxes! This year I will probably just be doing the T-Rex toxx.

I will donate $5 for every kill of T-Rex in world two that DOES NOT use a Phoenix Down or similar item. Anything goes except something that would kill an undead outright. You can post a video, a screenshot, a tiktok, hell you don't have to do anything but post that you did it.

Limit will be $75.

Fire 2 spellblade Ninja is also pretty efficient. I did use Phoenix Downs but only to resurrect the dead ninja.

Man with Hat fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jun 21, 2021

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon

Doom Goon posted:

https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/1478616607299862528

And next month will be FFVI I believe. I've actually never beat FFVII is this a good idea?

Final Fantasy VII isn't that hard of a game so I'd say go for it! It's hella good. I've been meaning to replay this for years so I'm excited.

Same advice applies here to people playing FF5Fiesta for the first time, ask questions and you'll be fine

Edit: On second thought, the materia system is rad and locking yourself out of most of it might not be the best way to play it the first time. FF5 probably works better for this since it can otherwise be a bit overwhelming whereas in this case, in my run, the main character will only be able to attack and use items for the first several hours of game which might not be very fun for a first time.

Man with Hat fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jan 5, 2022

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
I'm kind of looking forward to using more items than I'm used to.

Stole a bunch of ethers from the train graveyard, and of course the Power Staff, to fund a lot of grenades and potions.

Most people probably know all the following but a few neat things to note for new players below:

In case you're unfamiliar, you'll end up in a train graveyard at one point early in the game where there's this barrel on the west side of the northern screen

Around that barrel there's a rare encounter that looks like this

From whom you can rare steal this weapon for Aeris

The other people in the party at this point have 18 attack weapons, 32 is quite high for quite some time. Also 4 Materia slots is good when she's the only one who's allowed to use materia. There are a few great weapons you can get early from stealing from regular enemies in FFVII. Almost nothing important to steal from bosses as far as I remember but it's been a long time.

You might also notice that she's inflicted with the Fury status. Aeris is actually really good up front attacking and taking a beating. Fury is a status you get from an item called Hyper which lowers your accuracy but doubles the rate in which you get Limit Breaks. Level 1 limit breaks usually require you to take two thirds of your max health fo fill up but with Fury status that turns into one third and her first limit break heals the entire party for half of their max HP, making you basically immortal against weaker enemies. So counter intuitive as it is to stick cover on your healer and have her in the first row in a Final Fantasy game here it works out splendidly.

There are also dragon things all over the graveyard from which you can steal Ethers and just like in FF5 Ether is just another word for 750 gil.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
Btw if you got the steam version for half off like I did here's a mod that removes the stupid rear end looking mouths: https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14425.msg201973#msg201973

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
Hell yeah!

Cloud is Blue mage and Tifa is Mimic so they'll be the ones using this but I needed elemental-fire to survive it so Aeris got to learn

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
Triple crown :toot:
https://twitter.com/mickrov/status/1485643334571986948
https://twitter.com/mickrov/status/1485706771557761028
https://twitter.com/mickrov/status/1485747773014224897

That Emerald fight was hella fun to figure out. Took me ages and I had to take a trip into the crater to get some cool poo poo to do it without underwater materia. It had to attack Barrett first for example because he was the only one allowed to use HP Plus Materia. He was also allowed to use Mega-All which is why I made the trip into the crater. This gave him Slash-All which helped a lot with the eyes and the eyes shoot a lot wasting a lot of time in a timed battle which obviously isn't great.

Ruby was just a slog.

I used the W-Item glitch to get myself a shitload of sources so Yuffie took 12 damage from Ruby's big attack that isn't precentage based after 4 hero drinks (this doubles your stats so she would have had 510 defense and magic defense, plus armor). The problem was she only did about 3400 per hit through the stupid armor and that fucker has 800 000 HP.

At that point Sepiroth isn't much of a threat.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
I've never beaten FF6, how bad of an idea would this be?

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
The biggest upside of SNES is Project Demi which is amazing for fiestas. You save so much time on it. Not ideal for one run every year but for everyone who does more than one it's by far the best one

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
I'm a huge fan of the magic underflow glitch on SNES. I'm pretty sure that's the only way anyone has ever beaten NED with a solo zerker as well which obviously makes it the objectively best glitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Exciting Lemon
This was fun in a very different way. Strangely enough, despite being pretty much a new personal record in level, the time on the save file is lower than my average run. I guess I used less turbo since I fought more. I also had a fully charged braveblade at the end which was much less of a pain in the rear end than I expected it to be, but I couldn't think of a good use of CK with only freelancers.

https://twitter.com/mickrov/status/1519998186672340994