Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

mp5 posted:

the HD remaster

Funny you say that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?

Can Of Worms posted:

• Geomancers are now a heavy duty caster. They have the best magic stat of all the jobs, and they can equip Axes, Hammers and Heavy Armour (unfortunately, no shields!)

:catstare: Hello yes I am extremely here for heavy-armor casters time to add even more patches to my hack directory.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?

DalaranJ posted:

Last year, I asked you to commit The Perfect Crime. This year, I need you to Attack and Dethrone God(s).
In any run that does not at any time use the Summoner class, collect all the spells in the Summon menu.
Please show, a screenshot of your party's classes, and one of the filled summon menu.
:toxx:

ALL MY FRIENDS ARE HERE IN SPIRIT, SEVERAL MORE LITERALLY THAN NECESSARY

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?

Jose Valasquez posted:

There's a FF1 Four Job Fiesta from now until August 15 to celebrate the Pixel remaster release
http://fourjobfiesta.com/ff1fcc/

:toxx: $10 for every clear. The other toxxes are slowing down so I'll roll that money into this and say my max total combined toxx payout for all toxxes will be $500

I have done the kill Chaos.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Oh man, I never even considered how/that a FF2 fiesta might work. You could roll one or two types of weapons for each character to use, a color of magic, armor style (lol), who gets Ultima, etc. It might actually end up working out really well, now that I think about it!

My last several years of FF2 playthroughs have been self-imposed sorta-challenge runs of what I call the Faux Job Fiesta where I jank together a spell list for the four main characters that more or less emulates a Job's function from across the franchise (Paladin gets Swap to represent Cover, Dragoon has Drain/Osmose to substitute Lance, Dark Knight specializes in instant-death and drain spells but has to wear heavy armor and use axes, etc) which makes for some fun times in trying to see precisely which spells I need to focus on in order to massively break the run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

Didn't one of the FF2 designers decide that this bug was in fact 100% appropriate, and that what was mythically powerful 10000 years ago (or however long ago Ultima was sealed) was now pretty pathetic because the science of blowing poo poo up with magic had advanced so much in the intervening years?

So Sakaguchi said in some interview or another, yeah. Supposedly also told the programmer to shut up and fix it anyway, but since only that guy could do anything with the code, he just didn't.