Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Color Printer posted:

It is incredibly tiresome to see yet another post saying FF14 sucks or Tactics or whatever and I always wonder why I don't just mute gilgabot outside of Fiestatime

Honestly my view is that, if his worst crime is waving his unpopular and at times incendiary opinions about games and condiments around like a banner, I'll take it. Beats out like 90% of Twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

oldskool posted:

yeah Geo rules; you have to grind for those bosses but you also have a free-insta-win-random-encounters button in !Gaia

Dancer, however, is absolute trash garbage and you'll never convince me otherwise.

One Dancer is tolerable. It gives enough benefits (safe Chicken Knife, Ribbons/Rainbow Dresses) to offset the humongous downsides (game-worst VIT, the "safe" option is unreliable as hell, daggers + Man Eater only, no worthwhile inheritables aside from Equip Ribbon) in a mixed team.

Things get progressively worse the more Dancers you have.

Geomancer is the opposite in a lot of ways despite a few shared fatal flaws: !Gaia isn't really helpful in a mixed team comp (You either have better sources of boss damage and want to avoid randoms or don't consistently have the Magic stat to make hippy poo poo work well) but if it's your biggest source of damage, then it can chew through a good 85% of random encounters.

Unfortunately, the remaining 15% (and the aforementioned bosses) are a giant migraine.

That said, my point is that Dancer peaks at "tolerable" and Geomancer bottoms out there, so I'm absolutely agreeing with your point.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ultrafilter posted:

Someone's gonna have to do quad dancers for charity and I do not envy them.

The "good" news: Ribbons make you immune to most of the debilitating poo poo Grand Cross can hit you with!
The bad news: Having to grind to the ballpark of Level 50 just to survive a single Almagest without being taken out immediately after.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Jose Valasquez posted:

I decided to set up a separate run with Earthbreakers since you can theoretically get 4 of them and they hit harder. When it hits Omega it can do 9999 so you only need 6 hits instead of 10+, it has an 80% hit rate instead of a 90% hit rate like the rune axe, but it still improves the chance to 1/244,140,625 instead of 17/500,000,000,000,000 because you need fewer hits which is a huge improvement and almost looks doable.

Theoretically if I try every RNG setup for 3,725 different setups there's a good chance of everything lining up, and each attempt takes only about 5 seconds so it could finish sometime in the next 40-50 years

Add in the added struggle of trying to get deep enough in the Sealed Temple - already hell incarnate - with four zerks and it's already awful enough to compare the two impossibilities.

Ironically to all this, Shinryu is downright feasible not just with a quadzerk team but a solo zerker. Survive the Tidal Wave and he can't do much else to someone with bone mail/aegis shield/hermes.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

dis astranagant posted:

It blames everhate, a streamer or something who died a while back and was dealt quadzerker one year.

DraknarEverhate was a speedrunner of semi-serious renown in those circles, well-known for being a source of RNG screw in people trying to race with or compete against him, particularly in his game of choice, Soul Blazer. It got to the point that races would kick off with a memey "gl and/or blame everhate". Generally cool dude, actually ran in the inaugural Fiesta Run once or twice. Passed away in 2016, a few months before the Fiesta that year. One of his last big achievements was being one of the few people to both get dealt and clear a quadzerker run in the fiesta in 2015, the first year where Pure Chaos was rolled out, thus making quadzerk #risk teams a possibility. When Fiesta started in 2016, RK silently added a #BlameEverhate command to registration which would offer a rigged quadzerk roll in his honor.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Ace Transmuter posted:

⦁ (Weapon) Weapon procs (such as the Death Sickle's Death or Mage Masher's Silence) can still trigger even when the weapon attack misses. Unconfirmed if this is true in the GBA or SNES versions.

Somewhat anecdotal, I've seen the Death Sickle proc trigger on a miss in GBA, but only ever when it's been detrimental - ie against undead enemies and Reflect Knights.

Might be because those are the only times I'm paying attention to bonus procs (as opposed to attack-replacement procs like the Thief Knife or Gaia Hammer).

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

W.T. Fits posted:

You have better options for armor and accessories than the Rainbow Dress and the Red Shoes, both of which basically only offer you Confusion immunity (Berserkers are innately immune to Confuse due to permanent Berserk status) and an increased chance of getting Sword Dance when using !Dance (which Berserkers can only do randomly if you give them the Dancing Dagger).

Rainbow Dress actually has the same defense stat as Crystal Armor, the best buyable heavy armor in the game, at a fraction of the weight (and thus Agility penalty). If you're running more than one heavy armor user I'd almost suggest knifing up an extra dress for your zerk and letting the other heavy get the Genji Armor at the end. It's a moot point if your Zerk is the only heavy armor user or you don't want to thief knife things (there's a free Crystal Armor in the pyramid and the buyable ones almost immediately after) but it's still a consideration. That said, unlike Ribbons, it's a nice bonus because you already have the equip skill stapled on, not a reason to staple it on by itself.

Red Shoes are useless even for Dancers because you have better footwear earlier.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 04:13 on May 29, 2021

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Empress Brosephine posted:

I accidentally went to Crescent instead of Jarchol or whatever it's called. Am I boned out of those blue magic spells

There are no Blue Magic spells that are permanently missable, but some of them you can only get the second time through long after they're no longer useful.

Also, what the goon above said. Any loss of transportation is a temporary setback in this game.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Ace Transmuter posted:

Right now looks like they're getting Black Mage, Blue Mage, and Bard. Barring any last minute surprises, it'll be pretty smooth.

Dragondarch still has the chance to put on his clown hat.

And go for three days straight without sleep prior to the run

For as much as we make a running joke out of his antics, it was genuinely heartbreaking to see him lose his mind 85% of the way through and spend nearly an hour searching for a Dragon Fang that he'd already looted and used.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

A lot of the fiesta runs on the Honor System and, as Kyrosiris said, we ain't cops. I don't think cops even know how to enjoy a game like FF5.

If it makes it more accessible to know your jobs early, it's not going to invalidate your run or anything. Likewise, if you see the need to torture yourself with a White Mage Liquid Flame fight while praying that your next crystal ISN'T something that will choke and die against Ifrit and Byblos, that's your choice.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Mustached Demon posted:

Dancer Buttz says hi.

Krile's Mystic Knight outfit is also kind of blah, Lenna works much better for that visually if you roll one of those.

As for Faris.... she's usually second-best in pretty much every job aesthetically, so you can't really go wrong with her but you also don't really have any truly exceptional choices that Krile or Bartz couldn't do better.

Maybe Cannoneer, if you go !Advance.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Shyfted One posted:

Will they rearrange the jobs so they don't have to use only Blue until after the 3rd crystal?

Probably not, but honestly, solo Blue Mage can take you to the Bard unlock with no problems whatsoever. Frog Song for Garula, Rod Snapping for Liquid Flame/Ifrit/Byblos, Aero and Vampire for everything else.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Nasgate posted:

Tbf, gunch speeds up the first part of the game a lot. Knowing DD though, he probably tries to gunch way later doesn't he?

Last time BLU came up in The Run, he tried to game his levels to have one character with gunch power against every boss it was feasible against.

This led to him game overing (without saving!) in the Wind Shrine because he was careless grinding EXP for a solo Faris.

(Also, him gunching way later wasn't QUITE as much of a problem since they had Chemist on that run too, so he just shunned Death By Math for a different, less efficient form of Death By Math.)

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jun 7, 2021

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

She needed to be Level 8 so that she could gunch Magisa and Forza.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

girl dick energy posted:

Okay, but why sol-

So he could Gunch Karl Boss with someone else.

Karl Boss, Siren, Garula. Levels 5, 2, 3. SCIENCE.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Samuel Clemens posted:

The saddest thing about Dragoons is meeting the occasional enemy in World 3 who resists Holy and having to slowly whittle them to death with the Partizan.

Gargoyles punish holy AND single-target attackers, they're a dragoon's best friend. And they're mandatory fights at every tablet dungeon.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Ace Transmuter posted:

Worlds 1 and 3 both have several opportunities for free full heals, and World 2 starts with a free Tent farm. I don't think it's too onerous to make inns verbotten.

Four Job Fiesta 2021: There is a Staff free heal in the Wind Shrine

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

There are a few jobs that just have no recourse whatsoever against the Sol Cannon. Geomancer's only form of offense is nulled. Weaker dagger-using classes (Thief, Dancer if it's unlocked early, Bard if your !Hide timing is bad) simply can't do enough damage.

Raw melee classes - especially berserker - can't win a damage race without healing, and White Mage has no offense and loses the battle of attrition, but pairing them up manages to cover the flaws there.

E:

redreader posted:

My first job is Red Mage. Any tips before I get started? I went with 'regchaos' and 'berserkerrisk'. Any idea how many berserkers are getting handed out this year?

I think the number Gilgabot cited was 400-something. I don't think it was enough for forced dupes. That said, if you've got a RDM start, a Zerk can be quite helpful - Red Mage offense starts flagging right around the time you can try to get a Death Sickle drop, and in late game a layer of Protect can keep those zerks standing through almost anything.

As for tips on Red in general: don't bother grinding AP for doublecast. It's helpful if you somehow get it naturally, but if you have other mage jobs it's overkill, and if you're stuck with just RDM, it doesn't do enough to deal with the lower stats. Better to just see late-game red mage as a supporter instead of expecting any damage from them.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jun 16, 2021

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

My reward for finally slogging through Sol Cannon with this painful comp was getting Chemist as my final job.

Is it worth trying to take down some Prototypes with the Thief / Berserker / Geomancer / Chemist combo for Dark Matters before I proceed or is that just too painful without a Beastmaster to bother?

edit: And does the Chemist's death mix proc in a way that using a Berserker with a Death Sickle wouldn't?

Chemist's mix will hit things with Reflect. Generally the only things with reflect you might (accidentally) use a Death Sickle on are Reflect Knights. It's also autohit, instead of relying on the Magic Accuracy formula with the Doom proc, which is only important against the Seal Guardians.

Also, with the grinding you (probably) had to do with that team, reflect rings (from said knights) should be more than enough; you've got two Dark Matters by that point: enough for the Earth Crystal and Water Crystal. Dragon Plant and Boatgamesh get Death Sickle'd just fine.

Dark Matter is overhyped for fiesta purposes and not at all worth grinding; aside from cheap kills on the Seal Guardians and a blind on Shinryu, the only thing they're good for is defense-piercing damage (if Succubus Kiss isn't doing the numbers) and some shenanigans with using Dark Elixir/Antilixir to ensure Beastmaster !Capture.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jun 17, 2021

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Hellioning posted:

gently caress the chicken knife.

But also gently caress the brave blade.

10 dollars for each person (up to 5) who gets a max power brave blade (or zero power chicken knife I suppose) and then !Throws it at either the gargoyles in front of the Pyramid or Melusine.

I may be too late for this toxx, I have no idea, but also gently caress the brave knife. Cock Sword. Whatever.

The hardest part of this is the possibility of running into the murder dragons in meatfort. But now, now I am freeeeee to run as I please if a battle is poo poo!

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

FeyerbrandX posted:

The only thing is that they also have innate reflect.

That's Shield Dragons that have innate reflect, not the Meatfort color squad.

Absolutely do not fight Shield Dragons unless you have a Beastmaster or you hate life.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Arrrthritis posted:

For NED, I'll be donating $2 for every downed party member when Neo Ex-Death is defeated. (i.e. if Butz is the only party member standing when NED is defeated, I'll donate $6. Or if you have two members standing I'll donate $4, or $2 if you have three party members standing).
Toxx cap: $100

Turns out counting is hard, and Meteor does big number.

DalaranJ posted:

Last year, I asked you to commit The Perfect Crime. This year, I need you to Attack and Dethrone God(s).
In any run that does not at any time use the Summoner class, collect all the spells in the Summon menu.
Please show, a screenshot of your party's classes, and one of the filled summon menu.

https://twitter.com/SAMarioMaker/status/1402391976125796354

nrook posted:

Legendary Weapon Charity Sale!

In order to raise money for charity, let's all sell the legendary weapons! I'll be donating $0.10 for each of the 12 legendary weapons sold.

I'm sure Omniscient will be glad for the extra company.

Twenty cents in the pokey. And that's my first run of the year done, meaning I'm still keeping my streak of Some Sort Of Fiesta up.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Nihilarian posted:

there's an island near crescent with Prototypes, which drop Dark Matters. I took a few out using Turtle Soups. You don't really need too many Dark Matters though.

belatedly remembered that my geomancer could equip the bell, but 10 cents to charity is the most use I've ever gotten out of the drat thing anyway

If the Rune Chime was the legendary weapon instead of the Gaia Bell it would make so much more sense, but I guess they didn't want "Magus Rod" and "Magus Rod for a shittier job" in the same room (despite that being basically the difference between Excalibur and the Holy Lance).

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

nrook posted:

Going through and tallying up legendary weapon toxxes. Thanks to everybody who has participated so far.

I did notice something a little strange, though!

More legendary than the Gaia Bell.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

derra posted:

Can a PS5 play FF5?

Does PS5 have the old PS Classics line in the shop? If so, PSX FF5 is, I believe, in that series.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cattail Prophet posted:

Number Went Up (Fair warning: a lot of incoming about the experience. There's more toxxes to report at the end though, so to people keeping track of stuff, don't skip the whole post.):

(snip)

Monk: Look, not giving a poo poo about equipment is, like, monk's whole thing, OK? Oh, and chakra is another source of free healing. Monk still mediocre.

Monk at its best is worse than the entire tier beneath it. Sure, it doesn't give a poo poo about that toxx, but it sure as gently caress gives a poo poo about the Barehanded damage formula sucking poo poo - though admittedly not being able to buy Hermes Sandals means they have a use for the Kaiser Knuckles in the Trench... if you can get past the rug.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

nrook posted:

As it turns out, the most-sold legendary weapon is Sasuke's Katana, sold a total of 25 times. Poor Sasuke, nobody wants his katana unless they rolled Samurai.Ninja.

Not even people who roll Ninja particularly want Sasuke's; chances are that depending on the rest of your loadout your Ninja is either using Twin Lance + Chicken Knife or Assassin's Dagger + Rising Sun. The main gauche-like effect, while nice, isn't a particularly huge boon for a job that wants battles to end very quickly.

It's not a dud like the Gaia Bell or Flame Lash, but you've got better options by the point you can get it.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Alxprit posted:

I used Sasuke's Katana for Shinryu. When he's berserk-killing everyone, having an extra dodge chance on hand helps, and he also has enough defense that the Twin Lance is rendered a little more useless than it ought to be.

You don't keep the Twin Lance for damage value, you keep it as a safe way to use the chicken knife. Which you really need for Shinryu, because it's a pain in the rear end to run away halfway through the fight.

But yeah, I'd grant that if you're berserk-moding Shinryu (or Omniscient) having a chance to nosell a hit is huge.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jun 29, 2021

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Action George posted:

My BLM/SMN/BST/DRG run has gotten through Drakenvale. Itís amazing how much different this run feels compared to my normal play through, being forced to use mages for most of my offense, when I normally gravitate to tanky physical damage parties in all rpgs. BLM and SMN feel a bit redundant though, since without the -aga spells I just use whatever summon hits a weakness outside of Bio weak enemies so far.

Black Mage is pretty much categorically a worse Summoner, yes. Granted, being worse than one of the top five jobs in the game isn't very damning, but when you've got them side by side it really shows. Technically Black Magic is more MP efficient on single targets, but a black mage bouncing Thundaga off of a wall ring to hit Omega is about even in DPS to just throwing around Ramuhs with the Hermes Sandals auto-haste, and everything else melts easier than that.

You'll use the -aga spells for all of three dungeons (Moore, Meatfort, and the Pyramid/Melusine) and then Syldra shows up to vomit death on everything. Literally everything. I don't think there's a boss after that point that is immune to or absorbs wind except ol' Megs.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

BisbyWorl posted:

I think the only source of Doom by that point is to catch Jackanapes back at the Walse basement.

The good news is that aside from a few very specific cases (generally anything that reads Current HP, so White Wind, Vampire, ????, and similar) the game uses the monster's stats for !Catch/!Release, so a Jackanapes Doom would be pretty accurate.

Low Level Games generally make judicious use of !Catch/!Release for fights that aren't feasible to Bard/Chemist your way to Big Number for, for exactly this reason. (Well, also the reason that captured monsters don't give EXP, but. )

EDIT:

Leraika posted:

Depends if you want or need to do the tablet dungeons, but not a lot of parties do.

Reasons that you would generally want to do the tablet dungeons after the first:
  • You have a White Mage or Mystic Knight and want to make use of Holy (and/or Flare Sword).
  • You have a Time Mage and Meteor is your best potential source of damage.
  • That extra Aegis Shield in Istory is too tempting and you have an easy way through Fork Tower. (This is most common with a Blue Mage, honestly)
  • You want more than three legendary weapons (generally only applicable with Freelancer or some very specific diverse setups, and even then you usually don't need to do more than the Island Shrine to get all you need for equipping)
  • You need to unlock Mime/Advance jobs to fulfill the spirit of the Fiesta.
  • You're doing a toxx or have a weird sense of completionism, in which case good luck with Leviathan, he's an rear end in a top hat

Aside from that, you can shoot to the void immediately after you get the airship back, if you're prepared/ready for it.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Jul 1, 2021

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Action George posted:

How necessary is having a thief to make Chemist busted? I want to do another run with a Chemist, but if I donít take a thief will I be able to farm enough to make Chemist do the crazy stuff I hear about?

Not very. Of the three (non-Elixir) !Mix items that you can't buy in shops, two are farmable from random encounter drops (Turtle Shells and Dragon Fangs, generally from Grass Turtles in W1/W3 and Zombie Dragons in Drakenvale) and the third (Dark Matter) isn't really necessary except for very, very rare niche cases.

Hell, having a chemist removes one of the biggest advantages of getting Thief, in that you don't need the stealable Hi Potions in W1 if you can just slam together two Pharmacology-boosted Potions and heal almost as much.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Jul 1, 2021

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Drunk Nerds posted:

What is the best menu background color?

No matter what, FF5 lacks the Demon Chocobo Motif of FF6 or the Rainbow Pride of FF7 so just flail with numbers and settle for the best FF game having second-rate, mortal menus.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Shoehead posted:

Ooooh OK this is actually pretty helpful. I never got the Blu spell that protects everyone so I think I'll at least try to grab that, but also the aegis shield might be very useful..

A good way to remember where Stingrays (the enemy you can learn Mighty Guard from) spawn is that it's right above where you would get the Mime crystal, so immediately south of the mountain locked desert where Phoenix Tower and North Mountain are.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cattail Prophet posted:

2. Brave Blade Y/N? On the one hand, black mage makes randoms a nonissue, monk's gonna need the levels anyway since I've got no other way to make it useful besides "shittier black mage," my only chicken knife friendly command is !Focus which isn't ideal, and flare brave blade backed up by monk strength sounds pretty spicy. On the other hand, there are a lot worse things to be than a shittier black mage, this team's ability slots are pretty much free real estate so it's not like it's going to hurt to fit !Focus in, mystic knight passes on a pretty solid agility score to make those flare blades potentially even spicier, and of course gently caress the brave blade.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Kyrosiris posted:

What a hell of a writeup, that owns. I'm glad my dumb little spreadsheet helped.

Does Goblin flare actually one shot Magissa? I feel really stupid for not suggesting that if so. You'd have to pocket one through Ship Graveyard but that's not the worst thing...

A Goblin Flare does ~1000 damage, so about the same as (or a little stronger than) a 750 rod snap.

e:f;b dang it mega

Anyway, that should be a consistent number, only affected (very minorly, because it's Flare) by the target's MDef and the usual RNG Variance.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Doom Goon posted:

I thought you could Berserk/Blind Omniscient with Chemist (Turtle Shell+Holy Water, Dragon Fang + Eye Drops)? If you got Mini'd somehow that's like 99% dodge and then you could also use the Mirage Vest glitch (switching weapons to the other hand redoes the status effect) along with Hermes Sandals or Elven Mantle (then you'd use !Mixes for damage since your physical would be garbage). Also, if you desperately want a Reflect Ring you could do something similar in Phoenix Tower, Berserk would be easier to deal with than counters especially if you have Hermes Sandals (it's unfortunate Toad uses a Dark Matter). I'd take awhile but either steal from Lemure on the first 4 floors or hope for a drop from Parthenope on the next 4.

Berserk yes, blind no. Rugwizard's eyes are too powerful to be ruined by your petty dragon spit. ...at least, assuming it's the SNES/PSX/GBA version. In the Matrix version, Berserk doesn't stop counters so he still resets the battle.

There's a mix that gives you image, too, but unfortunately it also berserks you so maybe don't use that on yourself against the swole muscle wizard.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cattail Prophet posted:

Not saying you're definitely wrong since I've never tried it myself, but there's an error in the algorithm guide if so.

I am probably definitely wrong.

I've honestly never tried it and no guide suggests to try it (EDIT: Except Enkibot, apparently), assumedly because the only jobs that have access to berserk and blind are blue mage, chemist, and freelancer, all of whom trivialize rugwizard without trying anyway.

EDIT2:

DalaranJ posted:

Dragonvale still exists in W3, can you go back and get the bone mail later?

Should be able to. The map is unchanged from its W2 self, so it stands to reason that all the items would be in the same locations. Same applies for the Steamship when it's in Catapult, either in W1 or W3.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jul 3, 2021

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

MachuPikacchu posted:

Okay, I need some advice: my party is Knight, Ranger, Time Mage and Dragoon. Can I kill Omega and Shinryu? If so, how?

The stated quickleak method on last page is how to kill Omega, at least - !Rapid Fire with a Ragnarok or Dragon Lance (or even the Yoichi Bow) could do the damage but you have no way to survive the murder train without the power of Za Warudo.

Killing Shin is much easier. Either get a Power Staff (Black Warlocks in meatfort drop them) or queue up Berserk on the Wonder Wand like you would for Omniscient. Berserk Shinryu. If you have your Knight keep using !Guard and your other three party members are in critical health, you've got it free. If you want even more security, equip a Dark Bow on your Ranger and keep firing it until the screen flashes; that's a sign you blinded him, too.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Princey posted:

I have almost that party but Thief instead of Dragoon, and I would be curious to hear suggestions other than quickleaking

(Quickleaking is using the Time spell Quick, breaking a poison rod to inflict sap on the enemy, and then waiting for a million years without ever taking your second Quick turn because the sap won't wear off and slowly murders them)

The good news is that !Rapid Fire Chicken Knifing will cut through Omega's HP like butter.

The bad news is that each use of !Rapid Fire draws four (!) counters, two counters twice, so you'd need to be a stupidly high level (both to dodge Encircles and to have more soakin' HP) and chugging Elixirs like water to survive the constant damage output. You'd also have to deal with your party being constantly confused, but I think the Genji Helm stops that and I know that Lamia Crowns do.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jul 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

I hate to be a party pooper but doesn't your team get a full heal as soon as W3 starts? I think there's a whopping 10 seconds of controlling unpoisoned Lenna

They served shellfish at dinner that night and Lenna had a mild allergic reaction it's fine.