Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I completed two runs last year. Let's see if I can't get at least three this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Every day I dream I will get Freelancer (or Mime)/Ninja/Mystic Knight/Ranger in a Pure Chaos run.

It will never happen. But maybe one day...

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Pure Chaos Zerkerrisk. What's the fun in risking zerkers if you do not risk additional zerkers?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

I always do that for every run, because I determine who will be what job based on who has the best sprite for said job.

This is optimal, yes.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I dunno, I think everyone loves Y Burns and Karl Boss.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Fair enough. I have never actually played any version but the GBA one.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

As in 'first run for this year' or 'first run ever'?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

gently caress the chicken knife.

But also gently caress the brave blade.

10 dollars for each person (up to 5) who gets a max power brave blade (or zero power chicken knife I suppose) and then !Throws it at either the gargoyles in front of the Pyramid or Melusine.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The real question is it if will have the dummy targets and Berserker magic underflow glitch.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Mustached Demon posted:

In light of the FF: Origins trailer, I'll donate $1, up to $25, for every Buttz named CHAOS. Quote this post with a screenshot of CHAOS.

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntQ-utIdWWE

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

So like.

My jobs are Mystic/Ranger/Freelancer...and then Zerker.

I'm not saying that I Would have gotten spellblade duel wield rapidfire without zerkerrisking but like

I can pretend I would have.

Honestly I'm tempted to job fair in a ninja but the entire point of zerker risking is that you need to risk it...

Well, I suppose rapidfire thundaga blade is still pretty good at killing omega, even if not duel wielding.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think you can Job Fair a Risk Zerky out, only a regular Zerky.

Welp, that makes my decision easier.

It's really only completely cheesing Omega anyway, and it's still probably going to be comparatively easy. I'm just very amused I got 3 out of 4 of the dumb jobs that I wanted.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

30.5 Days posted:

I don't know anything about final fantasy v, so I need to know what makes the BEST TEAM. For everyone telling me why their team is the BEST, I will donate $10, up to $250. To be clear, I know absolutely nothing about final fantasy V, and we are operating on the honor system, so definitely don't make anything up to get kids the surgery they need!

I have mystic knight which gives me spellblade (which allows me to apply magic to my weapon attacks to make them stronger), a ranger which gives me rapidfire (which attacks 4 times at half damage), and a freelancer which has two open ability slots, allowing me to have 2 rapidfire spellbladers (as the mystic knight also starts with spellblade, so I can just add rapidfire on). This allows me to do dumb things like hit one of the optional superbosses for 9999 damage 4 times in one turn that will always hit, because he's weak to thunder and if you use the maximum level elemental blade on an enemy weak to that element, you either instantly kill them or just do a ridiculous amount of damage to them.

I also have a berserker which lets me put Krile in a cute animal onesie.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

LXP posted:

Here's the Brave Blade:

Here's me attempting to toss it (You can tell because the Scrolls are white):

In the spirit of the toxx (and also because gently caress the Brave blade):

I've gotten DRA/BER/RED/NIN. It's been nice so far. It's been a wacky romp as I attempt to end as many boss fights with as many people either poisoned, toad, or minied.
Did you know that !Lance works when you're a toad?

Huh, didn't know you can't throw it. My bad then!

Update to my

Just sell a max power brave blade or zero power chicken knife. 4 more.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Nihilarian posted:

well none of them are permanently missable so you have room to explore and find them, if you're into that

No, I'm fairly certain 3 of them are missable.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Yes, those 3.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Assuming your fire job isn't something good, probably.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I'm pretty sure you are guaranteed at least one berserker if you risked it, though it depends on how much money they raised.

You get the first three crystals pretty fast, then it's kind of a wait for the Earth crystal. The red mage crystal is the next one, so you're pretty close.

Feel free to make a challenge (or as we call it) whenever you want, it's not really something that has a deadline (other than 'the fiesta is over' obviously).

The feista officially ends August 31st.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

That is dumb. I love it.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I mean worst case scenario you just keep your berserker alive and they kill things eventually.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

nrook posted:

Legendary Weapon Charity Sale!

In order to raise money for charity, let's all sell the legendary weapons! I'll be donating $0.10 for each of the 12 legendary weapons sold.

I'm sure Omniscient will be glad for the extra company.

Here's four more. I probably could have sold more but eh, I might need them. Might check in later.

EDIT: Yeah, here's two more.

Hellioning fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jun 23, 2021

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Shyfted One posted:

$1 for each unique (not default or even Cactuar since that's become common) NED sprite submitted for victory. This is per each replacement option per person. So I'll only accept 1 Neo X Death, Yiazmat, etc victory shot per person. I want to see a variety! Max of $75?

https://twitter.com/Hellioning/status/1407585880278061058

https://twitter.com/Hellioning/status/1407582498918338561

https://twitter.com/Hellioning/status/1407577909687062529

Yeah, spellblade rapidfire was an easy triple crown. Literally all I had to do was get lucky enough with Omega for Faris to get three turns, I had berserk and dark bow so Shinryu was easy, and I had two instant kills for NED so all I had to do was blind the melee part and Apollo's Harp the other one to death.

EDIT:

Galick posted:

Hi there! I'm the one making the Waddler rebalance and this is my first foray into game modding in general. I hope the people who choose to use the rebalance have fun with it, and if you find a bug or anything, please let me know!

Related

$5 for every person who plays a Fiesta using my rebalance, up to a maximum of $100. I'll take your word on the honor system, but let me know what you think of it in general if you do!

I did. Innate Two-Hand made my berserker actually functional (she even hit the damage cap with a rune axe crit a couple of times), and inherent !Aim on Ranger is basically just good game design so you don't have to have both !Attack and !Aim when one is strictly better than the other. Thieves Gloves having inherent Haste is probably good for thieves, but it made my freelancer even more absurd than they already are; getting world 1 Hermes Sandles was basically just way too much.

I also forgot that Power Staves and Reflect Rings were 100% change to drop and I just thought I was really lucky. I don't really mind grinding for them, personally, but I guess it's a nice time saver?

Hellioning fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jun 23, 2021

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Sasuke's Katana is not, in fact, a katana in FFV terms.

It makes slightly more sense when you realize that the Sasuke in the weapons name is referring to a legendary ninja that most Japanese people will know, but still.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Y Burns, Karl Boss, Butz, Salsa...

Are there any more fun bad translations from PSX FFV?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

How could I forget dingleberry.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

They're ports of the original versions, I believe. I know FF3 is the original Famicom version, not the DS remake.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

DourCricket posted:

It would be cool to get a Fiesta run of 5 in with these new versions this year! They said on twitter though that the 'remakes' will be released one at a time, weird that 5/6 are getting pulled at the same time.

I thought they just meant the remakes were getting released separately, meaning that they are separate games that you would have to buy individually?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Hit it.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Excellent.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

blakelmenakle posted:

A !Throw was attempted, but ultimately it had to be sold for cash.

And that is, I believe, 5.

I'm still embarrassed that the chicken knife and brave blade are unthrowable (why tho) but still, good enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

You only need one dance boosting equipment for maximum sword dances, which is, to be fair, still only half the time.