Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

subujun
Mar 31, 2010
Off to a good start so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

subujun
Mar 31, 2010
This was not how I wanted to mourn Miura.

subujun
Mar 31, 2010
AAAAAAHHHHHHH

subujun
Mar 31, 2010
So, I hit probably the biggest wall, besides NED, with Twintania. Coral ring deals with the tidal counters but not the Mind Blast. Reflect ring will work on that but then I just get waved to death. After the paralyze wears off I get blasted away from his charged form. Currently hitting level 40 and just barely reaching 3000 hp. I feel like I need to exceed 4000 hp to death sickle/assassin blade him after he blasts me. Does anyone know what level I would need to reach with the 'zerks?

subujun
Mar 31, 2010
https://twitch.tv/videos/1056568487

Thank you to Rosalie with the strat for Twintania. Got a working setup about halfway through it and then just let the RNG decide. NED is still probably going to require some more levels though.

subujun
Mar 31, 2010
https://twitch.tv/videos/1059710034

Shinryu down. I probably would have had an easier time if I had simply put down the chicken knife. Just NED, and lots of additional level grinding left.

https://twitter.com/subujun/status/1405746239799320583

subujun
Mar 31, 2010
https://twitter.com/subujun/status/1405991570202038277

Four Berserkers completed, thank you for the wonderful manga Miura you will be sorely missed.

The concept of having to setup and outfit my team before any key battles and then setting them loose is cool, I just wish there wasn't so much HP or level gating due to how uncontrollable they land up. Playing the steam version has some wackiness to it as well (no Rune Axe fun with negative Magic) where they target from right to left (which makes Necrophobe interesting). Though it also means I can setup a hotkey script and literally turn it into an AFK game.

Biggest roadblocks: Liquid Flame, Exdeath (castle), Twintania and NED himself. The worm was front and center for all of my 'zerkers to clobber. Death Sickles stayed relevant the whole game and helped with grinding here and there. I appreciate the suggestions in the thread/discord, they really helped me out!

I'll probably go for another run later this month (750 so no berserkers...).

subujun
Mar 31, 2010

FeyerbrandX posted:

Is... Is Krile confused? Has Matrix even hosed up the one silver lining of berserkers being immune to confuse?

She has zombie status so that she attacks everybody else with the Death Sickle. If Death procs it heals them due to Bone Mail. She also wastes NED's actions if he targets her since she also has Reflect Ring equipped. It really saved my bacon when he started spamming Meteor since she took most of the hits.

subujun
Mar 31, 2010

https://twitter.com/subujun/status/1409307401858191361

Second run down. Had what was probably the easiest fiesta run I've ever had. Plenty of insta-kill or status moves, AOE, and heals to go around. Even Geomancer was alright since the PC version rolls the high level Gaia moves while at low levels. After the Berserker-fest, I kind of don't feel like grinding anymore so I'm passing on Omega again. Ended in the mid-twenties with this team. I was disappointed to find out that leveling up the enemies doesn't work in the PC version, so I could only level 5 death a few fights.

subujun
Mar 31, 2010
3rd run completed.

No750 and 5th job. Really glad Dragoon got jettisoned for Samurai. Very overpowered combo of Mystic Knight and Ranger made for an easy triple crown. Samurai brought the Zeninage to make mobs in the final area easy as well as NED. Knight was handy early on but fell off pretty hard. Excalibur and then Ragnarok in the end game helped bring them back up to speed. I over-leveled a bit for NED to make getting past Almagest easier. Break Blades made leveling really easy though off of Iron Giants.

I'll probably do one more run with the Matrix release and then wait until the pixel remaster comes out to do anymore runs this summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

subujun
Mar 31, 2010
https://twitter.com/subujun/status/1414737946947751941

That's my forth (and final on the Matrix) run of the game for this fiesta. Did an 'Advanced' run with 'Upgrade.' Rolled Time Mage > Beastmaster > Samurai > Gladiator.

First time I rolled Beastmaster on this version of the game and good god is it ever nerfed here. !Calm obviously only does the cool thing on the GBA version, but you also can't release four Yellow Dragons on ExDeath in World 2. They always miss, making him take forever to kill. That really sucked to encounter without having any foreknowledge.

Quick Leak doesn't work on Omega in this version. Not only can you not target yourself with a Venom Rod to bounce Sap, that status doesn't last forever even when under Quick status (I tried with several different released monsters). So that's another run where I won't be bothering to beat him.

Not an issue with this run, but Omniscient also gets 0 mp Returns making it impossible to run him out of mp. I'm sure there are a bunch of other things that were patched that make it harder for other jobs as well. The only neat thing is the auto save on area transitions. I feel that doesn't make up for the uglier graphics and making fiesta runs more annoying based on what you rolled because of things they patched up. I've already uninstalled this version of the game and don't intend to ever reinstall it.

Gladiator is super OP. You get a 25% chance on a 9999 damage attack even at low levels with !Finisher. Made killing Shinryu really easy. I just smacked him with a Power Staff and then spammed Quick and Finisher until he was dead. NED was similar: Quick and then two Finishers, chugging my several Elixirs while under Quick here and there. Hit the back piece with a Magic Lamp summoned Odin to finish him off. I didn't land up using anything from Samurai, which was the only repeat that I got out of my four runs this time around.

Looking forward to the Pixel Remaster. I hope it comes out before the end of August so that I can do a Fiesta run on it this summer.