Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Poque posted:

I did it last season, it's really not as bad as you might expect! You'll have to grind for Ifrit, Sandworm, and then Sol Cannon, but after that it's pretty much cake tbh.

(Because Geomancer is good actually.)

yeah Geo rules; you have to grind for those bosses but you also have a free-insta-win-random-encounters button in !Gaia

Dancer, however, is absolute trash garbage and you'll never convince me otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

ultrafilter posted:

People worry too much about the NED fight when assessing a team and not enough about getting there in the first place. I want to hear how your party's going to get past the Crystal Guardians and the first Exdeath fight.

Yeah I think the real catchpoint is the Purobolos fight. It's a race of one-shots, except they outnumber you & can mass revive. Once you're through that it's just grinding for rings & rolling RNG.

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

zzMisc posted:

This is really making me regret insisting on PSX for my first run this year..

Any info on what this "Waddler Rebalance" actually is/does? Google is turning up nothing relevant.
Had to go digging in discord but here's the latest readme I found:

quote:

#Monk
- Attributes: Monk's base magic stat is now 24 (previously 1)
- Equipment: Monk can now equip Staff weapons and mage armors.
- Equipment: The Kaiser Knuckles now grant Always: Haste in addition to their other effects.
- Skills: Monks now gain level 4 !White magic in place of HP+10%
- Skills: Monks now gain level 4 !Spellblade in place of HP+20%
- General: Fists are now Magic Sword OK.

#Thief
- Skills: Thieves now gain Read Ahead in place of Find Passage. Find Passage is still innate to the Thief.
- Skills: Thieves now gain Long Reach in place of Sprint. Sprint is still innate to the Thief.
- Skills: Thieves now gain !Open Fire in place of Steal. Steal is still their primary skill.
- Skills: Thieves now gain !Combine in place of Vigilance. Vigilance is still innate to the Thief.
- Equipment: The Thief Gauntlets now grant +5 speed (previously +3 speed)
- Equipment: The Thief Gauntlets now grant Always: Haste. They are still only equippable by Thieves and Freelancers.

#Geomancer
- Attributes: Geomancer's base magic is now 52 (previously 48)
- Equipment: Geomancer can now equip Rods.
- Skills: Geomancers now learn Equip Axes in place of Find Pits. Find Pits is still innate to the Geomancer.
- Skills: Geomancers now learn Equip Rods in place of Light Step. Light Step is still innate to the Geomancer.

#Dragoon
- Attributes: Dragoon's base magic is now 35 (previously 12)

#Berserker
- Innate: Berserkers now have innate Counter so that the violence will continue even when off their turn.
- Innate: Berserkers now have innate 2-Handed so that the violence will be greater than ever before.
- Skills: Berserkers now learn Exp Up in place of Berserk. Berserk is still innate to the Berserker.
- Equipment: The Rune Axe has First Strike.

#White Mage
- Equipment: White Mages can now equip Hammers in addition to Staff weapons.
- Skills: White Mages now gain !Revive in place of MP+10%

#Red Mage
- Design Notes: Red Mage has been redesigned from the ground up. This was intended to fill their niche as a unique hybrid rather than a sub-par fighter and mage past world 2.
- Skills: Red Mage has been given the Mime treatment of having a base command, with three empty slots. Their base command is now !Dualcast, and they must slot in other commands to make use of it.
- Skills: Red Mages now learn !Red level 3 in place of !Red level 1.
- Skills: Red Mages now learn !Focus in place of !Red level 2. This is to facilitate being able to fight rather than being a pure caster.
- Skills: Red Mages now learn !Time level 3 in place of !Red level 3, which was moved to an earlier level.
- Skills: !Dualcast remains unchanged for now, being a 999 ABP capstone. Its cost to learn will reduce in the future.
- Equipment: Red Mages can now equip Flails and Bows in addition to their other weapon types.

#Summoner
- Skills: Summoners now learn !Call as their first ability, rather than !Summon level 1. Summoner learns the !Summon skills as they gain ABP in the job as normal, with the capstone being !Summon level 5.

#Knight
- Skills: Knights now learn !Blade Blitz in place of Equip Armor.

#Ranger
- Skills: Rangers have !Aim in place of !Attack.
- Skills: Rangers primary skill is now !Animals in place of !Aim.

#Monsters
- Drops: The Reflect Knight now has Reflect Rings in both drop slots.
- Drops: The Metamorph now has the Staff of Light in both drop slots.

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Jose Valasquez posted:

Theoretically if I try every RNG setup for 3,725 different setups there's a good chance of everything lining up, and each attempt takes only about 5 seconds so it could finish sometime in the next 40-50 years

incoming final fantasy v omega% no A button world record

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Nemo2342 posted:

Going Pure Chaos/5th Job/BERSERKER RISK this year, just to be a little different than my normal Pure Chaos runs.

sup purechaos/fifthjob/berserkerrisk buddy!

I don't expect to do nearly as many runs this year since I'm not working from home, but only time will tell...

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

StrangeAeon posted:

So, can we make a petition or something to start the Fiesta at the same time as The Run?

I love watching The Run but waiting 8-12 hours to start getting my jobs is torture every year.

The real fiesta is watching 8-12 hours of The Run, and then realizing/remembering that Gilgabot is manually controlled & it's like 3am local Gilgatime so you have several more hours to wait

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

yeah, whoops. the fiesta start is manually triggered, as is #VEX/VOM/VSH image processes, but the job tweets are automated

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Lets gently caress Bro posted:

edit: I was wondering something. I haven't played FF5 in a really long time (like, since ZSNES times) so i don't know if this would even be necessary. But is it acceptable to find out all 4 of your crystal jobs from Gilgabot right at the start so I can start planning out my party build, or is that cheating? I am playing just normal #reg

Yeah that's totally fine, happens all the time. Did it myself a few years ago when I was just starting a run but knew I was going to be offline for a while. Also welcome to the Fiesta!

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Galick posted:

- Attributes: Geomancer's base strenegth is now 35 (previously 28)
- Attributes: Geomancer's base magic is now 52 (previously 48)
- Equipment: Geomancers can now equip Axes.
- Equipment: The Rune Axe has First Strike.
- Equipment: The Rune Axe's attack is now 102 (previously 71).
oh poo poo

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Kyrosiris posted:

I swear to god my brain misread this as "free trial" and I was immediately like "WITH THE ACCLAIMED EXPANSION HEAVENSWARD???"

Four Job Fiesta: Free(lancer) Trial in the Wind Shrine

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Various Meat Products posted:

I have tweeted at gilgabot three times with my registration and haven't gotten a confirmation. Am I missing something here? Other people have successfully registered since I started trying.

http://fourjobfiesta.com/players.php?player=VariousMeatProd
You're in; I would guess Gilgabot was out of retweets for the day is all

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Mustached Demon posted:

In light of the FF: Origins trailer, I'll donate $1, up to $25, for every Buttz named CHAOS. Quote this post with a screenshot of CHAOS.

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntQ-utIdWWE

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Starting with...Geomancer!

Usually when I do chaos runs I run the all-jobs mod so I would have 4 Geos, but maybe this time I'll try it legit and just ride freelancer.

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Shoehead posted:

I just got beastmaster and I've never used one before. Can I only catch one monster at a time?

Also I have a Blue Mage so I think I can get spells early with control?

one per person using !Catch, so you could store up to 4.

also congrats on the ultimate synergy!

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

You see this poo poo?

It happens the first time you step onto a save point. You can do this anywhere!

$100 for the first person to do it on Necrophobe.

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Samuel Clemens posted:

It's a very cool idea for a toxx, but you can't actually get that message at Necrophobe. I tested it a few years ago, and the last save point to give you the "consecrated circle" message is the one right before Omega. (Presumably because the remaining two save points are spawned upon defeating a boss.)

Edit: For reference:

well poo poo

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

...you are aware that everything you've listed is optional right? You can just fly to the Void and finish the game.

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

$15 each for the first ten people to show me Level 15/20 wipes in the Library of the Ancients.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldskool
Aug 9, 2010

Princey posted:

I remembered a toxx like this last year so I took screenshots when this happened to me earlier:

One down, nine to go! Unless I missed some?